Fourteen

Lycanthrope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

 

   ​        ​The first thing Iseul saw was the ground moving under someone else’s feet. Next she realized her body was slung over the shoulder of someone tall. She tried to raise her head while her hearing returned to her collection of senses. When she heard bits and sentences she didn’t understand, she went limp. The girl decided it was best to close her eyes and play along.

 

        ​        ​The sting from the left of her neck hurt less than the surge of adrenaline caused by fear. She tried to ignore what they were talking about and mark off this experience as not real. When she heard talk of wolves and mates for some reason she couldn’t help but listen.

 

        ​        ​“Why don’t we just bite her and add her to our collection?” The one carrying the girl said with a tinge of a Chinese accent. Iseul could feel the vibrations ripple through his chest, making his words more intense.

 

        ​        ​“It doesn’t work on those set to mate with half-breeds. They don’t take suppressants down there because they adore humans.” a familiar voice said from beside them.

 

        ​        ​“So, are we using her as the offering next week?” the one carrying her asked, trying to make sense of the entire operation. They all slowed to a stop. Iseul didn’t feel herself lowering to the ground as she hoped. Instead, she heard the jingling of keys from the other man before he spoke again.  

 

        ​        ​“No, if we did that then it would have no effect. The South doesn’t even know one of their own has a human mate yet. If we killed her now, they wouldn’t care. Instead, we had the others-” the sound of a metal door cracking open cut him off. He continued speaking as the entryway let out a metallic screech. “-to grab the boy. From what Yixing has told us, he was with three of his pack. They were at the girl’s house, plotting an attack with her father. He was a scientist like they used last time. He said they-” Iseul felt herself moving again, into the room. They walked until she slid off the stranger’s shoulder and onto the cold concrete. The other man kept talking through this. “-had to get rid of the old man and a female witness. Since he was with Yifan, Luhan and Jongdae, they had no problem getting all four boys in the van. They should be down here any minute.” he finished.

 

        ​        ​Iseul was laying on her side with her eyes closed. She heard footsteps of the other man with a familiar voice. The sound grew farther and she guessed he had left. The girl tried her best to remain limp and motionless until the tall guy left. She felt the atmosphere shift as the guy sat down beside her. The girl was so confused and disoriented that she wanted to cry. She needed the guy to hurry up and leave so she could sit in silence and calm herself down.

 

        ​        ​“I know you’re awake, and have been for a while.” she heard the guy whisper. She felt a frown stuck on her face. “I don’t know why you’re here either.” he said, vocalizing one of her million questions.  He didn’t seem threatening, at least, not right now.

 

        ​        ​The girl threw away her composure and opened her eyes. She rolled on her back and propped herself up and looked around the room. It consisted of cement walls and a massive metal door across from her, wide open. She saw a square of light between her and the exit. There must be a small window behind her. When she let out her breath, it was a sob. She couldn’t hold in the mix of anger, confusion and loathing any longer. The girl brought her knees to her chest, laid her head on them and sobbed quiet tearful cries.

 

        ​        ​She didn’t sense the stranger lifting himself off the ground. She also didn’t notice the entrance of her four friends into the room with escorts. All she felt were two new yet familiar arms wrap around her. She felt like she should push them away, but she no longer cared. She was too scared and confused to even r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter