Eight

Lycanthrope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                
            

 

    Half an hour later they left the store with all the needed ingredients. In Jackson’s left hand was a bag filled with junk food that he deemed necessary for the trio to try. Both boys had a bag in each hand while Iseul had a single plastic sack in her left.  She was reaching for Mark’s pocket with her right. The last time she saw her phone was in his grasp, now she could see the device's outline on his pocket. Both boys didn’t want to give it back to her, whatever reasons they had were still unknown. If only she could pull it out with him noticing and return it to her own pocket. She was trailing behind the two by a few feet. They whispered about something Iseul didn’t care about. She was too concerned on her mission.

 

                “I’ve never seen this girl before today, why does she smell so familiar?” Jackson asked once he made sure Iseul was in her own world. Making her think neither of the boys saw her pining for her phone in Mark’s pocket.

 

                “I knew you noticed it. That’s why you were so chummy from the get go, huh.” Mark said.

 

                “At first I thought you had finally found your mate. Until I realized that wasn’t your scent.” Jackson said.

 

                “I didn't run off earlier just because you pissed me off.” Mark started,  pausing as Jackson tilted his head down and gave give a goofy look. He could sense Mark’s lie. “Okay, I did. But I ran in front of her house without thinking of it. I thought it was the pull at first, but then she got close and I knew that couldn’t be her own scent.” Mark finished, eyebrows inching towards each other as he recalled the confusing situation.

 

                 “Do you think another wolf claimed her? She’s for sure a full blood, there’s not a trace of beast anywhere in her. What’s a human doing smelling so...not human?” Jackson thought aloud. He kept his voice down due to the girl closing in on his friend's left pocket.

 

                “Do you think she’s someone's mate?” Mark asked as he sped up a bit. Wanting to keep the girl focused on her own task long enough for the two to figure out the scenario. Soon enough, the thought struck him. He and Jackson widened their eyes in sync. Mark smiled when Jackson became serious before speaking.

 

                “Dude, Jinyoung has a human mate, or, might kind of. Dude!” Jackson exclaimed as he stopped walking, causing Mark to do the same. Jackson walked over to the girl. She blew her cover and just stuck her hand down Mark’s pants and pulled out her phone. Both boys were too caught up in their discovery to joke about what she just did. The girl just stuck out her tongue at the red haired boy when he looked at her. Jackson, now behind Iseul, started sniffing the girl. His eyes seemed to struggle not popping out of his skull after a few whiffs. The boy started pointing at the girl and mouthing ‘Jinyoung’ to his friend. He was still behind and out of sight of the girl.

 

                “What are you guys doing?” Iseul said when it had been a few moments of silence between the group.

 

                Mark rubbed the back of his neck as the girl spun around to face Jackson. The latter pulled his hands together in front of him. He was still clutching two sacks of food while throwing on an innocent smile. “Nothing,” Jackson said as he looked down at the girl, his chin reaching her eye level.

 

                “So, how do you know Jinyoung?” Mark asked. Iseul turned back to him with a confused expression. Jackson was yet again out of her sight and started shaking his head from side to side with a scowl.

 

                “Who?” Iseul asked. The girl blinked a few times, curious about what had gotten into her new friends. With this, Jackson spoke up as he started walking again.

 

                "He’s a friend of ours, you’d like him.” he said as looked back at the two, signaling them to follow him.

 

                Five minutes later they were crossing the threshold into Iseul’s home. The girl was now leading the two boys around the half packed living room and into the kitchen. Her mother was sitting cross-legged on the floor, watching a drama while folding clothes. The woman let the trio pass unscathed until she heard the rustle of plastic bags.

 

                “Why didn't you take the reusable ones? Your father is going to have a fit if he sees those throwaway bags.” Eunju yelled from her spot in the next room. Iseul let out an annoyed sigh. This being one of the few times she forgot a way to help the earth instead of destroy it. Both her and her father were massive science nerds. That came with a few repercussions of cleaner and smarter living habits. The girl bit her lip, still bothered by her mistake.

 

                “Sorry, I forgot,” was all she could yell back to her mother. She soon follo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter