Chapter 3

Unspoken Words.

JB’s POV

My body was dead tired from having so much fun just now. However, my heart was even more tired. It was numb and tired from my unspoken feelings and now that my best friend is liking the same girl as I am, it made it all worse.

I laid down on my comfortable bed after having a quick shower. I’m just going to sleep it off and wake up not caring about it. Beep beep.” I groaned at the buzz of my phone and reached my hand out to grab it.

 

Text message by Mark Hyung:

I’ve decided to ask Eun Jae out tomorrow. She won’t reject me right?

 

Text message to Mark Hyung

For dinner?

 

Text message by Mark Hyung:

No!! Ask her out, as in to go steady with her.

 

Text message to Mark Hyung:

Oh. I don’t think she will reject?

 

I do hope she will though. I hit the send button and now I was wide awake. Tomorrow, Eun Jae may become Mark’s girlfriend. That thought alone killed me. A part of me wants to confess to her, and another part of me doesn’t have the courage to do so. I was having an internal conflict within myself. Either ways I would be suffering.

 

Text message by Mark Hyung:

Really?! That’s great, wish me all the best ;)

 

I chucked my phone aside after reading the text. I wish I could sincerely wish him all the best, but I couldn’t get myself to do it. If I were to confess, a lot of things would change.

 

Sitting up, I went to my study table, grabbed a pen and paper, and began scribbling down the possible scenarios if I were to confess.

  1. If she accepts me, she would be my girlfriend, but I might lose a best friend.
  2. If she rejects me, things would be awkward and I would lose her, as way as losing Mark for getting in between them.

I felt stupid for having to write down the obvious stuff. I guess I wrote them down so as to find myself excuses to not confess to her. I crushed that piece of paper with all of my bottled anger and tossed it into the bin. I’m such a coward within such a cool and chic exterior.

 

Your POV

“Sarangeun jeongmallo michin jit

Naega haetdeon gajang michin jit

Geureoke ulgodo nan tto

Almyeonseo tto haneun michin jit i mopsseul jit

Ijen geuman geuman stop it nan chungbunhan geol”

 

You were humming to the beautiful rhythm your ears were listening to as you walked out of school. Grabbing onto the bag pack straps whilst having your attention on the ground, you bumped into someone. Flustered, you quickly bowed and apologized profusely.

 

You felt your headphone being taken down and that caught you by surprise. “Mark oppa?” Mark stood there smiling. “Pabo-yah.”

 

“Jin-jja mi-ahn-hae-yo” Scratching your head, you apologized once more as you were embarrassed by your own act. All Mark did was to smile. He did look like he wanted to tell you something, but you didn’t want to read too much into it.

 

Feeling the awkward atmosphere, you felt that you needed to say something. “Anyways, such a small school huh, bumping into each other like that.”

 

“I was waiting for you.” Mark started acting weird all of a sudden and you couldn’t understand why.

 

“What’s wrong Mark oppa? Is everything okay?” You began to felt worried and questioned if he was alright.

 

“Will.. will you be my.. girlfriend?” Woah. What is going on right now? Is Mark oppa confessing to me? Shocked. Startled. Surprised. These triple S emotions hit you hard.

 

“I know this is really sudden, but all I wanted to say is, that day when JB brought you along to our dance studio, I fell in love with you. Love at first sight I guess? I know this sounds ridiculous, but as times goes by, every singlearrow-10x10.png time I see you, my heart still beats so fast, and… and I could feel butterflies in my stomach. I have never had the courage to tell you this.., until yesterday. JB told me that you praised me and that gave me the courage.” Mark oppa was always known to be someone who doesn’t like to talk much, and what he said was touching. Seeing how much effort he put in, you could tell he was serious, but what caught your attention was something else.

 

“Oh, JB did?” You mumbled. Just then, at the corner of your eyes, you saw a familiar figure walking out of school – Jae Bum oppa. You knew he saw you and Mark, but he didn’t walked towards you two. Why? He pretended that he didn’t saw you two and just walked away. Oh. So you knew that Mark oppa was going to confess to me.. You took a deep breath. “Yes, I will.” You said it loud enough for someone to hear you.

 

“Seriously?!” Mark oppa’s eyes were glistening. Knowing that what you just did was selfish, you couldn’t help but felt bad for Mark oppa. Mark oppa was a really good guy and indeed, he was the ideal type that almost all girls would like to date. You like him, but that wasn’t love. He was just an older brother to you. Clearly, the only one who got your heart was oppa; Jae Bum oppa.

 

“Should I walk you home?” Mark oppa’s question brought you back to reality. “Kwaen-cha-na. You still have to go for dance practice. I just remembered that I got to meet my friend.” Disappointment could be seen from his eyes as he rubbed the back of his neck. Did I hurt him?  “Don’t stay out too late baby. If not I’ll be worried.” Biting your lower lips, those sweet words made your heart pounded for a moment. You smiled and gave him a nod. “I think it’s time for you to go, if not you would be late.” Mark nodded and walked away reluctantly. He would occasionally turned and waved at you, and you waved back as well. I guess I could just try to get myself to fall in love with Mark oppa.

 

You rummaged through your bag pack and took out your phone. You searched for the contact and dialled it. The line sounded and your heart was thumping so quickly, as if they were jumping out of your mouth. “We need to talk.”

--

Poor JB ): Anyways, hope the story has been okay so far!!
PS: Lyrics at the beginning was from love is madness by 15&. So addicted to it!