Chapter 10

Unspoken Words.

Your POV

“You have five more minutes. The teacher reminded. Four days flew by fast and now you’re sitting in class, scribbling answers for your biology paper. You headed straight home after school for the past four days due to this test you were currently taking.

 

Your hand was racing against time and your fingers were numb and painful, trying to finish up the last few sentences. “Time’s up. Please put your pens down.” The harsh announcement was made. Thank god I made it in time. You put your pen down and waited patiently for your paper to be collected. The class room was dead quiet, with the exception of the ticking of the clock and the occasional clicking of the pens.

 

“All papers collected, you may now leave. Thank you class.” The class greeted their thanks and soon after, the class was like a fish marketarrow-10x10.png. The sound of dragging of chairs and students squabbling over the answers were everywhere. Not being able to stand those noise, you packed up immediately and headed out. I would definitely knock out once I’m home. The mugging for the past few days burnt you out; bags and greys were under your eyes that no amount of makeups could cover them up.

 

You listened to upbeat songs to help keep you awake on the bus ride home, but it was to no avail. Hanging your head low, your hair was covering half of your face. Thank goodness for the off peak hour, if not, you would have scare a lot of passengers with your shabby looks.

 

The sudden jerk from the bus woke you up. “Neh!” You shot up with your hand raised. Being half asleep, you made a fool of yourself. Every passengers on the bus had their eyes landed on you. You bowed as you sat down slowly and showed an embarrassed look. “Stupid dream.” Chiding softly under your nose, you mentally face palmed yourself.

 

There was still six more stops before alighting and you made sure not to fall asleep for the rest of the journey. With the off peak traffic, you reached your stop pretty quickly. You gave one last bow to the driver and passengers for causing a nuisance, before alighting.

 

Once you’re homed, you couldn’t be bothered to take a bath as tiredness overtakes your body. Taking aim and tossing your school bag on the chair, you missed your aim but wasn’t bothered to pick it up. You jumped onto your bed and murmured, “Ahh.. Heaven.” With that, your eyes closed themselves, making you fall asleep soon after.

//~

 

“Jae-ah, wake up.” Feeling a soft tap on your shoulder, you slowly open your eyes. You blinked a few times as you adapt to the bright room light. “What time is it oppa?” You asked, still hugging onto your bolster. “Dinner time.” Your stomach growled at the word ‘dinner’.

 

“Hurry up you sleepyhead, we’re all waiting for you.” Oppa pulled you by your arm, forcing you to get out of bed. Dragging yourself into the kitchen, you sat and apologized for letting everyone wait for you. “It’s okay Eun Jae, seeing how you mugged the past few days, you must be very tired.” Aunty assured you as she placed some meat on your rice. “You need to eat more.”

 

Thanking aunty, your hand reached out to get a lettuce. Placing the meat, ssamjang and kimchi on it, you fed aunty the wrap. “Omo. Daughters are always sweeter.”

 

“Eomma!!” Oppa pouted at what aunty said and you giggled. Oppa too did a wrap and gave it to uncle. “Appa. You’re on my side right?”

 

“Oppa, you should have put a piece of garlic! Uncle likes it with garlic in it.” You interrupted before uncle responded.

 

“Eun Jae is really more thoughtful, Jaebum-ah.” Oppa huffed at your second victory. You stick out your tongue and held out a v-sign.

 

After dinner, you helped aunty out with the dishes while oppa and uncle are out watching the television. Leaving the kitchen once done, you stepped into the living room, seeing them watch the return of superman. You squealed at the program they were watching and sat next to oppa.

 

Your eyes were glued to the screen. Seeing how the triplets acted when their appa fainted, you couldn’t stop laughing. “Awww, the triplets are so adorable!! I just want to kidnap them.”

 

“Eish. Byeon-te. I’ve got to protect myself from now on.” Oppa said as he hugged himself to act as self-protection.

 

“You’re not as adorable as they are. I won’t lay a finger on you.” With that, oppa sat closer. “You know I’m handsome and cool.” He winked, making you roll your eyes. Is he flirtingarrow-10x10.png with me?

 

During the commercial break, you went into your room to check on your phone. “What?! 6 missed calls and 5 text messages?!” You gasped at what you saw. This was never possible in the past as you do not have much friends and So Hee had never spam calls or messages before. You gasped at the sender’s name – Mark oppa.

 

You opened the conversation with Mark to read what he sent.

Text message by Mark Oppa:

Have you ended lesson baby? – 1:05pm

I’m having break now and I miss you so so much. – 3:48pm

Are you okay baby? Why aren’t you replying my text or call? – 4:33pm

I’ve ended already. I’m really worried for you, should I go over? – 5:00pm

JB picked up my call already. Call me when you’re up. – 5:06pm

 

Almost immediately, you called Mark oppa. The ringing went off fast and the line was picked up.

“I’m so so so sorry oppa, I crashed immediately once I’m homed. Sorry to have let you worried. I promise I won’t ever ever do it again.” You emphasized on the second ‘ever’.

 

“It’s okay baby. So long as you’re safe.” Guilt was etched deeply in you.

 

“I feel really bad about it.” You said softly.

 

“Just take good care of yourself and I’ll be happy.” You mentally cursed yourself even more. Mark oppa is really nice and forgiving which builds to your guilt.

 

There was silence from both lines until Mark oppa asked a question. “Why was JB in your room?”

 

“JB Oppa? Should be checking on me. He always does that.”

 

“Always?” You smiled a little. Oppa’s jealous.

 

“Neh. Always.” Mark oppa went quiet.

 

“Are you jealous oppa?” You let out a soft chuckle.

 

“Yes I am. He can see my princess every day. How can I not be jealous?” A smile was spread across your face. It was cheesy, but you like it. Talking on the phone, you were glad that he wasn’t able to see your expressions.

 

“Don’t worry oppa, JB oppa doesn’t like me.”

                                                       

“What makes you so sure?” Mark sounded worried.

 

“It’s been years since I’ve known him oppa. He treats me as his sister. Only a sister.”

 

“Alright..”

 

 “Don’t think too much oppa, I’m your girlfriend now.”

 

“Yes. You’re mine okay?” He sounded really serious.

 

“Neh oppa. You’re being too cheesy today.” You giggled as shyness hit you.

 

“I mean it and I wish I could hug you right now.”

 

“Awww, we can meet up soon!”

 

“Yes we should. Tomorrow?”

 

“Tomorrow? That’s really sudden but I’m free. So okay!”

 

“Okay! I’ll fetch you at 1pm? And I think should hang up now. Your bill is gonna explode.”

 

“Neh oppa.” Waiting for Mark oppa to hang up first, you could still hear his soft breathing sound. Both of you were hesitant to hang up.

 

After a few seconds of silence, Mark oppa spoke up. “I’ll hang up now. Bye and I love you.

 

“Love you too oppa, annyeong and sleep early!”

 

With that, the phone call between the two of you ended. You lied down on your bed with both your arms behind your head as a plan slowly surface in your head, making you smile. "That  should make up for today."

--

 

Just another short update.