Chapter 12

Unspoken Words.

Your POV

“You still remembered what I said?” Your eyes widened at the building in front of you. “You said you love it here and it makes you happy.” Turning to Mark oppa, he flashed a proud smile. “Thank you oppa.” You said before being enveloped into a big hug. You looked up at him and the eye contact made you blushed. “Let’s go.” Squealing, you pulled him into the building with huge excitement.

 

The sound of rolling thunder when the bowling balls roll down the various lanes, and the loud cracks as it hits the pins resounded the moment you two entered. Scanning through the place that brought back nostalgia feelings, a guy and girl caught your attention. They reminded you of how you and oppa used to play bowling in the past. It was both of your favourite past-time and not to forget, he was the one who taught you how to bowl. You smiled at the thought of those memories. “Ahhh, it’s been so long.” 

 

After changing into the bowling shoes, you went to the bowling alley with Mark oppa. Both of you were surprised at the familiar faces right in front. “Hey bro!! Hi Eun Jae!” Jackson came forward to give Mark and you a hug. “I’m here with JB hyung, Youngjae and Bam Bam! We’ve just arrived, want to join us?” Without any responses yet, Jackson had already stolen Mark away from you, and you just followed behind them.

 

You gave oppa a hug and greeted the rest. “Noona! It’s been so long since we saw you!” Bam Bam added on, “Neh noona! I miss you!” Mark shot the younger ones a deadly glare, making them hid behind JB. You couldn’t help but to snicker at the sight. The boys’ interaction was always cute and hilarious. It was a pity that Jr. and Yugyeom wasn’t around, if not it would be more fun with the eight of you. “Stop it you all.” JB commanded. “Yeah, let’s play!” Jackson continued as he made a lot of weird noises and screams. That’s so Jackson.

 

Since it was currently a 2v4 situation, someone had to join both you and Mark. Eyeing Bam Bam and Youngjae, they didn’t seemed to be willing to part. “How about JB hyung?” Jackson suggested. “Come on, you and Eun Jae would work well together, right?” He topped it off with a wink. JB stared at him before nodding.

 

“We could win with oppa on our team!!” You said as you went to link arms with JB. “The loser team will pay for the fees and drinks!” The bet that Bam Bam suggested brought the competitiveness out of everyone, and you all agreed in unison.

 

All of you did some simple warm ups by stretching your arms and legs before starting. It’s been years since you last played bowling, so your skills were pretty rusty and being the first in your team to bowl, it was added pressure on you. Besides, Bam Bam who was your opponent is pretty good at bowling too. Standing in front of the lane, you sighed before throwing the ball in front. Your aiming was off and gutter was where the ball ended up at. Turning to look at Bam Bam’s pins, eight has fallen, making it a split.

 

“Sorry.” You pouted as you went back to your team. Mark stood up and gave you a comforting hug. Grabbing the ball, since a split would be difficult to score, this was a good chance to catch up with the other team. Someone called out to you before you could bowl. Oppa came next to you and adjusted your position to get a better aim. “Now throw the ball out with more strength.” You did as you’re told and you’ve got the team in the lead with nine points. “It’s not fair. Hyung helped noona!” Bam Bam whined. Jackson had his arm slung around Bam Bam’s shoulder. “It’s just one point. We’ll get it back.”

 

The next match was between Mark and Jackson. Mark gotten himself a five while Jackson got a seven. Giving Mark oppa’s shoulder a squeeze, you hoped it helped to encourage him. During JB’s and Youngjae’s turn, JB managed to pull the gap of the scores with a strike while Youngjae only one pin. “My fingers got caught in the ball!!” Youngjae whined to his teammates while you were all in a victory mood thanks to Youngjae. “Well done oppa!” With that, you gave oppa a high-five.

 

The fourth round was a draw between you and Bam Bam, which both of you gotten a seven. You have slowly gotten back the feeling of bowling and was able to bowl it pretty well without oppa’s help this time round. When it was Mark’s turn, he hurled the ball out in a fury manner and the ball went into the gutter. The second ball was the same thing too.

 

“Hey oppa, are you okay?” You asked out of concern. “I’m fine.” His words did not tally to his facial expression. This boy was never able to hide his emotions. You sighed.  “It’s okay to lose oppa. It doesn’t matter.” You tried to comfort him once again. “I said I’m fine.” The raised volume made you stunned. You were at a loss and didn’t know what to say. You hugged him by his waist and leaned on his shoulder, hoping that a hug would do its job.

 

“I’m done. No more. I’m not gonna do this anymore.” Youngjae’s cries was a hint that it was your turn. You did not want to let go of Mark but you had to. “Noona, it’s our turn.” Bam Bam called out and all eyes landed on you. Mark released your arms from his waist, “Go. It’s your turn.” Without a choice, you reluctantly bowled the ball. Being distracted, the ball went into the gutter and the second ball only hit two pins.

 

Walking back to the seats, oppa ruffled your hair, making you fake a smile. “You’re faking a smile. What’s wrong?” It’s scary yet comforting that JB was able to see through your every move. “I’m worried for Mark. He seems unusual.”

 

“Can see that. He’s really bad at bowling today.” He had his arm around your shoulder and patted you. “He will be fine. Don’t worry.” You nodded.

 

Mark oppa came back to the seats after his round and since JB was the team’s best player, he would be playing the last round as well. Not knowing what’s on Mark’s mind, you two just sat there quietly and watched till the game ended.

 

Despite the win of your team, you weren’t exactly in the mood and Mark didn’t seemed to be as well. You just kept faking smiles and laughters in response to the boys’ talking and yapping. “Okay, we’ve lost. We’ll pay for everything.” Jackson had his hands up in a surrender position. Everyone went to the counter and the loser team took out their wallets to pay.

 

“Where are you guys heading to?” Oppa asked you and Mark while the rest of the boys settled the bills. “Home.” You were taken aback by his reply. You thought that you would have the entire day today with Mark since it has been days since the two of you last hung out. To be honest, you were disappointed. “Home..” Oppa nodded. “Then we’ll go back together.”

//~

 

The road back home was quiet. Nothing was on my mind, except Mark. “Oppa!!” You called out to JB and he turned to face you. “Wae?” Since he was up in a distance, you had to run up to catch up with him. Not looking at the ground, you missed a step and was about to fall. Thankfully for oppa’s quick reflexes, he caught you just in time before you fell flat on your face. “Ouch. Did I just bang on a wall or something?” You rubbed your poor head that hit on oppa’s well-trained chest.

 

“Is this how you thank someone?” Still rubbing your head, you rolled your eyes. “What’s up?” Thinking back at what you called oppa for, you replied, “I want to get something for Mark, will you help me choose a gift?” You showed puppy eyes, in hope that he would say yes, but he did just the opposite, making your brightened up face drop immediately. “Waeeeee?”

 

“I don’t want to.” His face was straight as he rejected you. “Why won’t you help me?” Pouting, you continued. “You don’t have anything to do at home anyways..”

 

“I just don’t want to. Why won’t you get it yourself?” JB was persistent, but you really needed his help. “You’re a guy and you’re Mark’s best friend. You know what he will like. Pleaseeeee?” Oppa didn’t know how to reject you since what you stated was the truth.

 

Dragging him into a random shop, you looked around and asked oppa for his opinion. He would either give you an ‘okay’, ‘that’s good’, ‘alright’, ‘why not’ as his so-called opinions. You’ve got really pissed off and stomped out of the store. “What’s wrong with all of you today!?”

 

“Jae-ah.”

 

“Eun Jae.”

 

“Kim Eun Jae.” You didn’t respond to oppa calling out to you and continued walking ahead. You felt a grip on your wrist, making you stop.

 

“Let go. Didn’t you want to go home? Then just go.” You shouted stubbornly.

 

“Can you don’t be like this?” JB said softly as he scanned his surroundings. “Don’t make a nuisance of yourself.”

 

“Me? A nuisance?” You snorted. “All of you were the issue and now I’m the one making a huge fuss? Okay, go on.” Crossing your arms, you waited to see what sort of excuses would be used this time. “Are you speechless now huh?”

 

Brushing his fingers through his hair, he unleashed his frustrations and groaned. “I just don’t want to help, you get it?!”

 

“That’s the thing. I don’t!!” You wouldn’t able to comprehend what JB was trying to say.

 

JB exploded. “I love you and you don’t ask someone who loves you to choose your boyfriend’s gift?!”

 

“What?! So now you’re saying you love me? Then why didn’t you speak up when Mark was confessing to me? You knew it and you just let me go. You won’t do that if you actually DO love me. YOU gave me up.” Everything was in a mess and you couldn’t think straight. Not knowing what to believe, your mind or his words. You’re really confused.

 

“Eun Jae-ah..” Cupping your ears, the confused you didn’t want to hear anything anymore. JB grabbed onto your arms, trying to calm you down.

 

Taking in several deep breaths, you looked into his eyes. “Do you know how hurt I was when I saw you walking away that day? Do you know how painful it was to not be able to move on because I’m still crazily in love with you? Do you know how guilty I was whenever I’m with Mark? Do you know how hard I tried to give up on you like how you gave up on me but I just can’t?” Do you?!”

 

“Do you think it doesn’t pain me to see you two together? Do you know how difficult it was to see the one you love being chummy with someone else especially when he’s MY best friend? Do you know how tough it was for me to make that damn decision to walk away that day? I couldn’t afford to lose you or Mark. I couldn’t..” He turned and walked away after saying those words.

 

You were frowning and tears were flowing out your eyes like a tap. Clenching your fists, you tried to hold back those tears, but it wasn’t working. They seemed to be the emotions you had held back for a really long time. With your tears-filled eyes, you stared at the blurred staggering guy in front of you.

 

Your eyes widened at what you thought was about to take place. Wiping away those tears to have a clearer vision, it was really happening. Run. That was your very first instinct. You dashed in full speed towards him and shoved him aside with all your strength. You came in direct eye contact with the lorry’s driver and horns were sounding repeatedly. It was too late to escape.

 

Lying flat on the ground, your body felt the great pain that the huge impact made. “Eun Jae!!! KIM EUN JAE!!!” You looked at the person with the familiar voice and caressed his cheeks lightly. With every bit of energy left within you, you gathered them all and asked worriedly, “K-kwae-n ch-cha n-a?”

 

“No no!! Don’t talk and look at me okay?! Don’t sleep!!!” Oppa’s voice was fading out and the pain was gone too. Your body felt numb and light. The blurry vision of oppa was gone with your eyelids closed. It was complete darkness. Am I in heaven?

--

 

Bowling idea adapted from starcast. :)

PS. Having a really bad day today. Why are people so mean and hurtful to others?