Two

Dumb and Dumber

Chapter 2

Have you ever run for like five hundred meters, then stopped suddenly and you felt your heart beating rapidly like the sound of horse's footsteps on the race competitions. Or breaking your mother vase as a five year old kid, feeling afraid she would scold you and confiscate all your Gameboy devices. Or the feeling on your first time applying for a job, cold sweats trickling down your forehead as your interviewer just remains silent after you talked for like 40 minutes, your lungs felt suffocated as the time bomb inside your stomach kept on ticking.

Yes, this is what Min Yoongi was feeling right now when his dongsaeng—His one sided love one just asked him the thing he dreaded the most.

“No.”

Yoongi watched Jimin expression stayed calm and the boy just stared at him, as if he has some kind of supernatural power to read other’s thoughts.

“Really? But I felt something on my lips earlier..” Jimin said as he put his hand on his lips a little not too innocent like before, hoping to see his hyung next reaction.

Yoongi gulped. Eyes still locking with Jimin, trying hard to keep his cool, “Ah.. That..” His head busy searching through all words dictionary inside his brain before Jimin could raise another dangerous question.

“I tried to check on your fever, but the thermometer was nowhere to be found. So yeah, I put on my forehead on yours—that’s what my mom thought me to. ”

With that, Jimin mouth an ‘o’ word. Yoongi had never been so thankful to God for giving him the most useful brain of time like this, he was even more thankful than when he had finished his Mixtapes. Seeing Jimin nodded, Yoongi just realized he had held his breath before.

"Kids, come out. Food's done!"

Outside, both Jimin and Yoongi could hear their ‘mom’ calling to eat and snickered a little at their eldest hyung so motherly behavior. Jimin hold out his hand as Yoongi stood up, hoping the elder would picked him up like little kids. Well of course, Yoongi would do anything for Jimin, even picking him up in bridal style while doing a hundred squats, he would do that for the younger. But Jimin, will still be the clueless, oblivious and dense boy.

Jin worriedly asked if his sick bandmate was any better and Jimin smiled at that, reassuring his hyung that he was fine. The boys ate happily and noisily talking about every random stuff like the usual with Hosoek would be the one to cracked jokes and talking about whose turn to do the dishes. Jimin then went back to his room for another rest while Jin telling the boys to keep their voice low, but that was just useless.

 

-o0o-

 

Few days after Jimin had recovered and all good, their practices goes on and the group rappers as usual working on their magic with all the tools inside the room with no exception to Yoongi. Promotion here and there about their current album. Fan meeting at scheduled places, tweets filled with stupid and strange selca. All staffs kept on making new vids for Bangtan Bombs with maknae line playing and fooling around as usual.

Everything back as the usual, Jimin trying to catch Jungkook attention by sticking around him all the time and Yoongi watching them miserably—secretly hoping the maknae would ignore the chubby dancer. He know he was being cruel of wanting that wish to happen. He is stupid and pathetic. On camera, when there were interviews or when some shows asked them who they like the most in the group or if BTS were girls, stuff like that, Jimin could honestly answer Jungkook as his ideal and undying love one, while Yoongi.. He couldn’t bring himself to say it.

There might be thousands times when Yoongi thought he should just better forget about Jimin, move on or find other things to distract him, but those thoughts could vanished suddenly as if the towers he had built for his heart with great difficulty, stumbled at once just like that one time when he found Jimin on the corner of the room—at midnight—crying while hugging his knees silently, not wanting to wake the other members. Yoongi remembered that time Jimin cried because of those harsh comment from some haters saying mean things about his face, his voice, or anything they could insult about the dancer. It took three sets of ramen, two hours of talking and hugging him all the time to calm Jimin. Though the younger wasn’t the type to cry over little things, but even for Yoongi himself, he would get really hurt. Yoongi also remembered when he told Jimin, if things like that ever happen again or if there were some things that upset him, Jimin should go find Yoongi—not hiding and keeping his pain alone.

But then again, this time Yoongi founded himself in the studio dorm at midnight, being melodramatic and all until his phone buzzed, displaying his loved one name at the screen and as soon as Yoongi picked up the call, his feet just automaticaly led him to a place where he even forgot to take his jacket, despite the cold wind since it was almost winter now. All his brain could at the time was Jimin voice at the other line of the phone—crying, the younger couldn’t even say other words beside ‘hyung’ and ‘dance studio’. And it made Yoongi go crazier of the thought Jimin suffering. Inside his head, he should be there to protect him now.

When Yoongi arrived, the lights were on and there was only single body curled up hugging both its knees. The elder knew actually the dance practice room is like the second dorm for Jimin, the boy even had slept there some nights. Just like Yoongi, the one that always overslept in the studio room. Soft sniffles echoed through the big room, Yoongi approached the source of it.

“Jimin-ah, hyung’s here..” Yoongi placed his hand on Jimin’s shoulder, trying to comfort the younger like how he usually did after that night incident. Yoongi is never the kind of softie to others, instead he is known as the coldest member, but for Jimin, he would become anything.

Jimin didn’t answer nor moving for few minutes, Yoongi too didn’t want to make him uncomfortable so both stay still until Jimin finally look up to meet the elder’s worry filled gaze.

“Hyung.. I.. Taehyung” Jimin words still didn’t sound so normal as he was still catching his breath, Yoongi calmly listening to the younger. Jimin sniffled a little bit before he continued, “Jungkook and Taehyung.. I saw them..”

..oh..

Yoongi knew even with the slightest bit of detail, he understood what Jimin want to say.

Everyone in the group know about both their maknae relationship eve since before debut. Both of them had been close and it’s just matter of time that they’ll getting further. But even so, Jimin is the idiot who hoped for Jungkook’s change of heart. Though Jimin often tease about Jungkook and Taehyung closeness, deep inside his heart also screaming for the pain. And Yoongi is the most idiot one because he knows all of it, but still loves Jimin.

“Shh..” Yoongi tightened his hug over Jimin smaller frame. The younger one had buried his face on Yoongi’s neck, Jimin like this position the most; Yoongi wouldn’t have to see his face.

Some sniffles echoed—enveloping the whole room, as Yoongi felt his neck starting to get wet but he didn’t care, as long as Jimin felt comfortable. Yoongi could only hear the clock ticking and Jimin sniffles in between as he patted the younger head. Sometimes at time like this, Yoongi would wonder how and why was he even doing this? He realized he was just wearing a long sleeve shirt and pairs of his dorm slippers. How did he ended up like this, how his body automatically rush to find Jimin, though the younger would only think about the maknae.

 

Clearly, they really are the dumb and dumber. 

 


A/N : I'm so sorry if it's disappointing, but I tried ㅠ.ㅠ Anyway, some of you might have noticed lots of mistakes and grammatical errors, but please tolerate since English isn't my mother language ㅠ.ㅠ Anddd, please, please, please comment!! >.< It really makes my day and motivate me to make some progress. Thank You^^

-Shiron100x