Five

Dumb and Dumber

Chapter 5

“Hyung, are you okay?”

Jimin teared off his gaze away from the ramen bowls that he hadn’t clean up before when Yoongi had gone to his room then shook his head lightly and smiled to Jungkook.

Two hours past, the groups just came back but the second eldest still hadn’t gotten out from his room since then, Jimin start to felt uneasy. Sure, Yoongi had been worse than this before but still. Guilt started to eat him up. Jimin realized he shouldn’t have said those things. He knew Yoongi cares about all of his dongsaengs, with no exception to himself too. He probably should apologize, but didn’t know how or when—

“Park Jimin! Did you eat these ramen and didn’t clean up after that?!” the said person flinched when his mother yelled from the kitchen, glaring at him like he had done something unforgivable—oh, wait, he did.

“I’ll clean it, up, gezz...”

He picked up the pan, bowls, his chopsticks and Yoongi’s which was put down before when they were talking. Jimin sighed as he bring all those dishes to the kitchen.

“Yah, Where is Yoongi-hyung?” Hoseok popped up his head after drinking water from the refrigerator, Jimin almost drop the bowl, surprised.

“His room. Where else?” the elder nodded to Jimin’s answer. The younger one didn’t dare to talk about anything else before the loudest mouth member found out he had fought with Yoongi before. Hoseok got out from the kitchen, Jimin quietly washed the dishes diligently for minutes with no complain, despite some the water splashed on his face few times like an eight years old brat doing all the chores in house, in hope his mom would buy him the newest Gundam set. But then Hoseok came again to the kitchen—arm crossed—waiting for the younger to finish.

“What?”

“Let’s talk, after you’re done” with that the taller lad went out to his room. Jimin sighed.

After drying his hand, Jimin walked in and entered the room as casual as possible. Why was he anxious all so sudden? Not like he would be getting scold in the teacher room after causing trouble or whatsoever, it was just Hoseok by the way. Jimin just wouldn’t want Hoseok to know about his problem, he didn’t want this to become bigger.

“What is it, hyung?”

Jimin casually asked as Hoseok raised single eye brow at him, leaning to the wall. “Shouldn’t I be the one to ask you about that? What happened to Yoongi-hyung? Why did he suddenly snapped when I tried to talk with him, he wasn’t sleeping you know”

“Nothing” Jimin said not meeting the elder stare. Damn it, Hoseok and his hunch. Did he spend too much time with Taehyung until he got influence now?

“Right, nothing” Hoseok replied sarcastically, “All right, I won’t push you on this... But whatever it is, fix your problem with him. It’ll get complicate if he’s moody”

“Okay”

The room then get quiet. Jimin wasn’t exactly expecting this. He thought the elder would shoot him bunch of questions like he always. Sometimes your prediction don’t go all the way you think right?

“Hyung..”

“Mmhm..?”

Jimin looked up, his mind was debating if he would asked Hoseok the same question as he gave to Yoongi before or not.

“Don’t you think Jungkook is avoiding me..?”

 

Silence.

 

Jimin watched the taller just stared at him. He was growing impatient, why was the elder just remain quiet?

“Hyung, answer me... “

Hoseok sighed then looked at the younger. “Jimin-ah, You still don’t get it? He’s trying to tell you to stop for your own sake. He doesn’t want to reject you in the face, the kid still respect you so much and he know someone else is better for you, someone who is always there for you, you know”

“What..?” Jimin blinked his eyes, some kind of habit he had if he was confused.

But Hosoek just walked out of the room, ruffling the younger hair a little bit. The black haired male sighed. Jimin is really an idiot, how could he didn’t get it if Hoseok already gave him such hint. Every Bangtan member actually already knew how much their Daegu rapper loves the Busan dancer, Jimin is just too dense to not notice it.

 

-o0o-

 

Night came and much to the boys’ joy, tonight Jin was cooking for their dinner. Not those unhealthy fast food they had to eat in tight schedule. And poor Jimin, the eldest hyung told him to call Yoongi for dinner, oblivious of their fought.

“Hyung...” Jimin knocked softly, afraid if the rapper would still be sleeping. But five minutes of silence in front of the door without any reply made him gathered all the courage to open the door, only to find almost pitch black sight, the small laptop screen as its only source of light.

Yoongi didn’t seemed to notice Jimin entered since he was backing the door, all his attention focused on the screen, and both ears covered by his recently bought headphone—probably arranging some beats or those things Jimin wouldn’t get.

“Hosoek-ah, I told you I’m not in the mood to—oh..” Yoongi turned his head but stopped talking when he saw another boy entering, another boy whom he loves so much.

“Uh.. Jin-hyung told me to call you for dinner...” the younger awkwardly scratch his neck, looking everywhere expect the elder eyes.

“Tell him I’m not eating” with that Yoongi turned back to his laptop, resuming his work from before. But Jimin just stood there as if waiting for something. Yoongi grew uncomfortable with the younger there not doing anything except staring at him.

He sighed and turn to Jimin, “Go eat, everyone is waiting for you. It’s okay, Jimin-ah”

“But, hyung.. Are you still mad at me?”

Now Yoongi pull down his headphone, he turned to face Jimin completely. All his attention focused on the boy in front of him. “I can’t be mad at you, and partly I shouldn’t yell like that too, so it’s okay...”

Jimin looked down to his feet. Yoongi had said it was okay, but he still felt like something wasn’t right. At least he should apologize to him.

“I know, but still I’m sorry, hyung. It was selfish and I was a bit jealous because you take on Taehyung side. I don’t want Taehyung to snatch you away, I’m so afraid that you’ll leave me too, since you said you’ll be there for me. I know you do care for me and all of us, you’re a good hyung, I know that. That time my mind was filled with all those thought of whenever still continue to chase Jungkook or give up” Jimin felt now his eyes getting hot and heck, why did he start to cry...

“I-I don’t know what to do anymore, hyung. Jungkook already has Taehyung and it hurts me to see them, b-but I also want to cheer on them. I’m so pathetic, but what can I d-do..?” he choked on his words.

Yoongi looked up to Jimin, looking straight to Jimin’s stare. Just how much right now he wanted to hug the boy, swept those forming tears on the corner of his eyes,  “Well, then let me help you with that...”

“H-how..?” the younger replied, holding back some tears threatening to fall sooner. With what the elder can help him get through all the pain he had borne. He was eager, willing to do anything, everything. Jimin just want to forget and burn this tightening pain inside in chest

Yoongi inhaled deeply still holding gaze with the boy in front of him.

 

“Be my boyfriend, Park Jimin.”

 

 

 


A/N : Next update might be late, I'm sorry.. Starting tommorow till next week, there are many exams ahead so I gave you some progress in the story, kekeke.. And I would never shamelessly forget to remind you all to COMMENT! PLEASE! I really love to read them >.< Thank You,

 

-Shiron100x