Chapter 4: Kim Yoona

Secretly Married to EXO Kai

[Yoona POV]

As always, lonely.

It's been 1 month since we married. And it's still-ok. Jongin and I are hanging around sometimes. Having date. Even only twice.

I start to endure with him and the loneliness. But it's pretty sad that he's always gone. It's so B-O-R-I-N-G. And my friends haven't visited here. Even I want to invite them.

I look at the clock, '11:03 pm'.

I try to wait him. Because I'm curious if I fell asleep in the sofa, I always wake up on the bed. And I want to know what time he comes home.

I sit here are the couch.

I see the SNS always about EXO. Mostly Jongin.

I don't want to calm him Kai. I want to call him Jongin because I'm comfortable with it.

11:26 pm

Nothing.

11:57 pm

None.

12:02 am

No sign of Jongin.

12:14 am

I'm getting tired. I lie at the sofa then...

I heard a car park in the garage. I close my eyes and fake a sleep.

Soon, I heard the door opens. I'm getting nervous.

I heard a footsteps getting near at me. I'm nervous.

[Jongin POV]

I open the door and walk towards the couch. Probably she's sleeping there.

As expected, she's sleeping. I walk silently towards her. I smile at her face. I tuck her stray hair behind her ear.

As a routine, I carry her up bridal style. Turn off the lamps, go upstairs, lie her down in the bed and tuck her to the blanket.

I wash my face and brush my tooth. I lie beside her and turn off the lamp.

I stare at her sleeping face. I wrap my arms around her waist and drift off to my sleep.

[Yoona POV]

O...

M...

G...

He touched my waist.

HE TOUCHED MY WAIST.

HE TOUCHED MY FREAKING WAIST!

What will I do?

I'm not comfortable. But the fact that comes to my head...

He's my husband...

I try to sleep but something bothers me. Our nose almost touching. If I move an inch, our nose hits. And I can feel his breathing in my chin. I definitely regret waiting for him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up lonely at our bed. As usual, he's gone for work. I got up and wash my face and brush my tooth.

I went downstairs and go straight to the kitchen. He must have post another letter at the fridge such as 'You're lonely.' Or 'I'm at work.' Or ‘There are hot cakes at the table. Eat. I have schedule.' Such like that.

But the only letter that I will never forget is...

'I'm at work, there's a pancakes at the table. Eat it. I made it. I'll go home very very late. Don't wait for me. Sleep early. Your eye bags are starting to appear. Xoxo!'

The longest letter.

But something strange. No letter. No paper at the fridge. I frown. I heard the door open. I saw Jongin with his pyjamas. "Good morning." He greeted. I bow at him. Like 10° bow. "You don't have schedule?" I asked. "None." He said.

I put out 3 eggs, bacon and ham.

I feel weird. Even we've been like that for last, last week. Because he had a week break.

I cook the food and serve it on a plate. I also make coffees for us.

"Breakfast is ready." I announce. He went back with his usual t-shirt.

We sat in our sit and began eating. "Let's have a date." He said. "Sure when." I said. "Tonight. Dinner." He said. "And why would you think of that?" I asked. "We're not dating in the night outside. I'm just thinking." He said.

"Why are you always asked for a date?" I asked. "It's not normal. We're already husband and wife but we haven't date properly. Like tell he what you like." He explained.

I don't get it. But I find myself nodding.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I take a sip of my white wine. "So?" I asked first because we're so freaking quiet and only chattering, clacking of plates and the soft music can be here.

"You don't have schedule tomorrow?" I asked. "None." He said. "Why are you keeping asking about my schedule?" He asked. "For I will tell you to go to sleep."

"You sound like my mommy instead of being my wife." He sighed.

I roll my eyes and my gaze went back to my carbonara and lasagna. "Yah." I ignored him. "Yah."

"Yah."

*ignore*

"Yah."

*ignore*

"Yah Kim Yoona." I froze at his call. K-Kim Yoona. It's my first time hearing those call name. Kim Yoona not Im Yoona.

"What." I said. "Why are you ignoring me?" I asked. "I'm busy you know." I roll my eyes. "Eating food?" I nod.

If only you know...

“You will be married for just 1 and a half year.” Mrs. Kim said. We were in their garden when I said yes. “Got it?” he asked. “Yes.” I said.

“So to make this divorcement easy, just don’t fell in love to each other.” Mrs. Kim said. “Yes.” I said.

“You two are just couple to pay your father’s dept to us.” She said. “1 million dollars.” She said.

My eyes widened. “That much?” I asked. “yes.” She said. “To be able to save your father’s company.”

She turn around but, “And another thing.” My gaze went back to her. “Don’t tell Jongin.” She said and left me.

I sigh and look at his eating face. And then my mother’s phone call.

“Hello mom?” I asked. “Yoona honey, I just knew that you already knew the contract.” Mom said. “Yes mom.”

I look upstairs if there has sign of Jongin. I went outside and went to the dock. “Sorry for that.” She apologized. “It’s ok mom.”

“I’m sorry that we take away your happiness.” She said. “But it’s the sake of your dad. If didn’t pay the debt, he might be in jail now.” She said.

“I know mom.” The sentence I can manage to say.

I look at our bedroom window, the light is on. And I heard the door opens. I slightly look and saw Jongin standing at the door way. “Mom, Jongin is awake.” I said. “How’s your day with Jongin?”  She asked. “Ok.” I said. “What do you mean ok?”

“We’re fine.” I said. “I’m very worry about you two.” she said. “Mom there’s no need to worry.” I said. “Your dad might wake up, bye. We’ll talk about it someday.” She said. “Bye mom.” And we hung up.

If only you know what does it feel. You must know our limitation. I might get hurt too if we reach the end. Just like a story book that just ended by the author without any happy endings. Or just a story book that just ripped the happy ending part and just stuck that the lovers need to separate.

He looked back at me and smiled. I smile back at him. To make him comfortable. I don’t want to ruin this date. I know he is expecting that high that this date will turn out well.

“So, I just heard from your mom that you hate chickens.” He said.

“What? I don’t say I hate chickens.” I said. “I don’t like alive chicken I hate it when I touch them.” I said.

“What if I want an alive chicken in our home?” he said. “I’ll run away.” I said. “I’ll surround our house with a bunch of chickens.” He said. “Try it; I’ll call Taekyeon to get it away from me.” I said. “Aish Taekyeon.” He said with annoyance. “Why? He’s only my guy best friend.” I said. “He also save me from chickens.” I said. “But he also laugh at you.” He said. “At least he saved me to Heechul.” “Aish, ok, no chickens.”

“I want to go to beach.” He said. “Then go.” I teased. “Alone? Never.” “You have EXO.” I said. “I’m sick and tired of their faces.” He said. “How about you?” he asked. “No thanks, beaches are not my style.”

“And by the way 3 months later, we will have our tour.” He said. “Really?” “Yes. I’m not kidding when it comes to careers.” He said. “Fine.”

“I want a puppy.” I said. “I have puppies at my parent’s house. I left them there.” He said. “Them?”

“Yes. They were three of them.” He said. “What breed?” I asked. “Poodles.” He said. “Really? Can we take one?” I begged. “Sure.” He said. “I’ll choose.”