Chapter 3: I won't let them

Secretly Married to EXO Kai

[Yoona POV]

“Ma’am, sir, here’s your order.” The waiter said and gives our orders. “Have fun.” He said and left.

“So, how’s your day?” I asked. “Same old, practice, live, interview, show.” He said in annoyance.

“It’s ok. At least next week you have a week break.” I said. “4 days more.” He groaned.

“Just wait.” I said.

I took a large bite of my steak. I feel uncomfortable. Why? He’s staring at me.

“What?” I asked. “Something wrong in my face?”

“Nothing.” He mumbled.

I took another bite of steak. He took a glance of his wrist watch then he smiled.

“Happy 1st day anniversary.” He greeted. “Really?” I asked. “Its 2:00 p.m.” he said.

“Happy 1st day too.” I greeted.

We click our iced tea. It’s bottomless. And take a sip.

I smile at our 1st day anniversary. I felt happy when he greeted me in our one day anniversary.

What does it feel when it’s our monthsary? 1st anniversary?

I glance at him. He’s busy eating his steak.

I smile at his face.

He catches me looking at him.

“Why? Are you amazed at my face?”

“No, of course.” I teased.

“Come on, just admit it.” He said. I glare at him. I went back to eat my steak again.

“If your fans kill me, I’ll definitely hunt you in your dreams.” I threat. “I won’t let them.” He mumbled.

 ----------------------------------------------

I’m watching the view of the lake at our backyard.

I’m still thinking about Jongin’s words. Those 4 words and 12 letters.

“I won’t let them.”

Why would he say that? He won’t let them kill me? Why does he care?

And oh. I don’t wear my glasses anymore. And my hair is straight since they fixed it a day after our wedding.

My vision is bit blurry so I can’t see him clearly but in steak house, I wear contacts.

I just can’t believe he said that.

“I won’t let them.”

Don’t think about it. Don’t be a feeler.

He just said that because it’s our 1st day anniversary.

But does he really cares?

Maybe not.

I close my eyes and went back inside.

Yes, Jongin left.

He just dropped me at our gate then left for their show. But the only sentence I remember that he said when he’s leaving.

“I’ll be home late, don’t wait for me, just sleep.”

Then he left. Why would I wait for him?

I sigh in frustration.

I sit at the couch and turn on the TV.

He should be resting since he said he don’t feel well.

I should be more responsible now. We’re married.

I glance at the clock ‘7:12 p.m’

He and I went to the mall and to the grocery to buy things. Such as new clothes and food. It’s our first date so it’s more awkward.

I should be responsible. I must cook dinner for him. But it would be cold if he arrives home. Just take a note on it.

I get the ingredients and began cooking.

I’m cooking Chicken because that what he likes.

I just make 4 pieces chickens.

2 pieces for mine and 2 pieces for him.

I eat my chicken while watching TV.

---------------------------------------------

[Jongin POV]

I park my car at our garage. I see the lights in the living room are still on.

She just doesn’t obey at me. I look at the clock. ’12:09 a.m’

She can manage to be awake in this time? It’s too late. She must be sleeping.

I open the door at the living room.

The TV is on. But no sign of Yoona.

I look at the couch and saw Yoona sleeping soundlessly. She looks cute.

I chuckle a bit.

I kneel in front of her. I tuck her stray hair behind her ears.

“Yoona.” I whispered quietly, enough to wake her up. “Yoona.” I call her again.

She just rolls around. Her back is facing me.

Heavy sleeper.

I have no choice. Couch is not comfortable to sleep. I stood up and turn off the lights and the TV. I carry her bridal style.

I open the door of our room and lie her down at our bed softly and slowly to not to wake her up.

I tuck her blanket to her shoulder.

I kissed her forehead and went to the bathroom to take a bath.

I went down at the kitchen because I’m starving.

I saw chicken with a note beside it.

‘I cook you something. If you’re not feeling well just take medicine.’

I smile at her note. But seriously, my head hurts. But I need to eat first before I eat.

After I eat, I took the medicine and went back to our bedroom.

I lie beside her and went to sleep as well.

-------------------------------------------------

I woke up in 5 o’clock in the morning. I turn around and saw Yoona is not there anymore.

I glance around the room but none.

I went out and went to the backyard.

I saw her talking to someone in the phone.

I can barely hear their conversation.

“Ok... We’re fine... Mom there’s no need to worry... Bye mom.” Then she hung up.

She sighs and stares at the view. Be a man Jongin. I walk towards her and give her a back hug. “Why are you awake in this early morning?” I asked as I put my chin on her shoulder. “Mom called.” She said. “Why?” I asked. “She’s just asking.” She said. “What does she asked?” I asked. “How are we?” She said. “You said.” “I said we’re fine.” She said. “That’s pretty over protective mom.” I said. “She surely is.”

“I’ll breakfast today.” She said and escaped at my grip.

She went inside and I follow her.

As my everyday routine. Take a bath. Brush my tooth. Wash my face. Apply lotion and so on.

I saw her taking a sip of her coffee. She just made bacon, eggs, coffee and toasted bread.

Is she just this sweet?

“Good morning.” I kiss her cheek making her blush. “You’re cute when you blush.” I tease making her blush even more. I chuckled and sit at my spot. Its bit awkward and silent.

“It’s so silent and boring.”I said. “What do you want to do?” she asked.”Let’s make a baby.” I teased. She narrowed her eyes. “What?!” she said almost choke her coffee. "Just kidding!" I laugh. "Your expression is priceless." I teased. "Haha. Nice joke." She laughed sarcastically.

I glance at the clock. '6:03 am'

"I will be late. Bye." I kiss her cheek making her blush again.

I leave the house and drove to the dorm.

I sigh and enter the dorm. "Kai! Where were you? Why are you late?" Sehun burst to question. "Yoona and I just had a conversation." I said.

"Kai, I just thinking, when will you tell to the public that you're married?" Luhan asked. "I don't know. I'll just find a perfect time." I said. "Fans may kill her. That's what she afraid of." Then it hit me.

“If your fans kill me, I’ll definitely hunt you in your dreams.” she said. "I won't let them." I mumble. What did I just said? But I keep those words. I need to prove her that she deserves to protect.

 

"Kai!" Lay yelled at me. "What? Why?" I snap back. "Something bothering you? Did you and Yoona fought?" Xiumin asked. "No." I retorted. "Let's just go to our schedule."