Catching Up

Summer of Affliction
Please log in to read the full chapter

9

    Jungkook and I were escorted up a small spiral staircase to the next level by the hostess. We were on a balcony that opened up to the street below, and a warm summer breeze gently blew. The outside was even prettier than the inside, and the whole atmosphere was just wonderful. Jungkook kindly pulled out my chair for me, allowing me to sit.
    
    “Thank you.” I said as he sat down across from me. A waitress appeared seconds later and handed us each a menu.

    “Welcome to Ganzi, can I start you off with something to drink?” she asked.

    “An iced tea, please.” I answered. Jungkook shook his head, and I shot him a puzzled look.

    “You hate iced tea. Your favourite drink is Coke.” Jungkook whispered to me.

    “I do? Okay, I’ll have a Coke then.” The waitress gave us a weird look then laughed at us.

    “Okay then. A Coke, and what about you?” She asked Jungkook.

    “The same.”

    “Alright, I’ll be right back with those.” We thanked her, and then she left us to look over the menu.

    “So what do you recommend?” I asked Jungkook as I scanned through all the food options.

    “I always get the gnocchi soup to start, and then for the main I get fettuccine alfredo. I love noodles.”

    “I think I’ll just copy you.” I said. “So what else do you love? You already know me, tell me about you.”  I was taking this as an opportunity to find out everything I used to know about Jungkook. Even the little things one might find meaningless.

    “Well, I like food. I mean, who doesn’t? Especially, meat, pizza, noodles, stuff like that. My favourite colours are red, black, and white. I almost always wear those colours. And I love shoes; I have a lot of shoes.” Jungkook laughed. “I also like drawing, everyone says I’m really good. Same with singing. But I think my favourite thing to do is dance, same as you.”

    “Wait, you’re in ballet too?” I chuckled. Jungkook gave me a half-smirk. Just then, the waitress brought our drinks and we ordered our food.

    “Jieun, you aren’t in ballet anymore. You quit that to take hip-hop a few years ago.” He explained once the waitress was gone.

    “You’re kidding.”

    “No, I’m not.” Jungkook replied. We were interrupted when the waitress returned with our dishes of soup and pasta. I stabbed my fork into the pasta and put a big bite into my mouth. My eyes lit up; this was quite possibly the best alfredo I’d ever had.

    “If this food wasn’t so good, I’d probably be really upset right now.” I said. The conversation was put on hold as we ate. In a few minutes, our dishes were scraped clean. Jungkook and I were almost too full to speak, but then I thought of something. “So… If I were to like someone other than Yoongi, would you consider that to be cheating? I mean, I don’t remember our relationship.”

    “Why? Do you like someone?” Jungkook asked, raising an eyebrow.

    “No. It’s just a ‘what if’ question.” I lied.

    “Well, your situation is pretty unusual. None of this is your fault, so I would say no- it’s not cheating.” For some reason I breathed a small sigh of relief. I didn’t

Please log in to read the full chapter