Jungkook

Summer of Affliction
Please log in to read the full chapter

8
    I woke up the next day with the sun shining directly onto my face. I turned away from the window to avoid being blinded and checked the time on my phone. It was 1:19 PM. I guess being in a coma for six days is more exhausting than I thought. I noticed that I had several missed calls and messages from Miyoung and the guys. I looked through them all but there was one message that I was particularly interested in- one from Jungkook. I opened it and read it eagerly.

    ‘Hey, Jieun. It’s Jungkook. I’m hoping that your phone at least remembers me, even if you don’t haha. Anyways, I was hoping that we could meet somewhere and catch up. Or at least so that I can help you figure things out. Text me back if you’d like to go!’

    Of course I’d love to go. I immediately replied to him, disregarding all the other messages on my phone.

    ‘Hey, Jungkook. I remember you and so does my phone, so don’t worry. I’d love to meet up, but I have no idea where. Where would you like to go?’ I read the message over and over again, wondering if it was lame or not. I felt like I was back in seventh grade again, texting my crush for the first time. I sent it anyways, because what the hell. Jungkook already knows me and likes me, so I don’t have much to worry about. Less than a minute after sending the message, my phone vibrated; Jungkook had texted me back.

    ‘Awesome, I’ll pick you up then in about half an hour and we can just walk around town if you want. Okay?’

    ‘Okay. See you soon.’ I replied. I was really looking forward to hanging out with Jungkook, to say the least. I hopped out of my bed and went over to the closet. I opened it up and saw hordes of clothes. To me, they were all new, so this was a very exciting moment. I picked out a floral top and a high-waisted white lace skirt, then finished the outfit off with a pair of mint green flats. I checked myself out in the mirror and nodded approvingly. Then, I went into the bathroom that was attached to my room. I looked in the cabinets and found a makeup bag, presumably mine, and did my makeup and hair. Once I was finished, I went downstairs and sat on the floor by the front door in wait for Jungkook. After a minute or so, my phone rang.

    “Hello?” I answered.

    “Hey, Jieun. I’m out front.” Jungkook said. His voice sounded familiar from the hospital.

    “Oh, yeah I see you.” I said, then hung up. I went outside and opened the door to Jungkook’s car. It was really nice and luxurious; a cherry red Lexus. It even had that new-car-smell. I inhaled deeply as soon as I got into the passenger seat.

    “What are you doing?” Jungkook laughed.

    “Nice ride.” I commented.

    “Oh yeah, this is all new to you isn’t it? Thats so hard to wrap my head around.”

Please log in to read the full chapter