Behind His Back

Summer of Affliction
Please log in to read the full chapter

10

    Before Jieun and I hung up, I told her that I was coming to get her. She didn’t sound very keen on going anywhere, but she agreed to it anyways. I took a quick shower and put on some clean clothes before grabbing my keys and heading out the door. Shortly after, I pulled up at Jieun’s house and approached the front door. I knocked, and the door opened. Jieun stepped out. She looked amazing as usual, aside from her red eyes. She wore a pair of black high-waisted skinny jeans and a maroon crop top that exposed her flat stomach. I used to plant soft kisses there to make her laugh.

    “Hey,” She greeted.

    “Hey.” I grabbed her hand, and she didn’t resist. I guess she was too worn out to try. We walked down the sidewalk and got into my car. Jieun didn’t know this, but we were on our way to the boardwalk. That place had a great significance to us. When we arrived, I parked the car and opened Jieun’s door for her.

    “Thanks. So what are we doing here?” She asked.

    “You’ll see.” I said with a grin. We walked silently along the boardwalk until we came to a wooden bench that had small, intricate carvings in it, and sat down. “Okay, the reason we’re here is because this is the exact place where I asked you to be my girlfriend almost two years ago.” Finally, Jieun managed to show a small smile.

    “And what did I say?” She joked.

    “You said ‘Oh my Gooood Yoongi, a million times yes. I’m obsessed with you.” I said. Jieun cracked up.

    “Oh yes, I remember that.” She said sarcastically.

    “So how about we go down to the water?”

    “Sure, that sounds good to me.” The two of us walked back down the boardwalk and kicked off our shoes so that we could feel the sand in-between our toes.

—Jieun—

    I walked towards the shore, where the ocean water was lapping at the sand. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths to relax myself. I stood there, completely peaceful, and allowed the cool breeze to blow through my hair. Completely peaceful, that is, until Yoongi decided to swoop in behind me and pick me up bridal-style.

    “Put me down!” I screeched while laughing. Yoongi started wading deeper into the water with me clinging onto him for dear life. “Don’t you dare drop me.” Yoongi shot me the most devious grin. I only saw it for a split second before I hit the water. Salt water went up my nose and stung my eyes. I stood up, soaking wet and opened one eye to see Yoongi laughing his head off.

    “Don’t kill me!” He shouted. I got a running start and tackled him so that we both fell into the water. Thank goodness for the sandy bottom or else we would be in rough shape. We both sat up in the water, laughing, as I pushed my sopping wet hair out of my face. When I looked up at Yoongi again, he had stopped laughing. He was now looking straight into my eyes and leaning in closer by the second. He placed his index finger beneath my chin and tilted my head until his lips pressed gently onto mine. They were so soft and tasted like salt. Suddenly, Yoongi pulled away.

    “I’m sorry. I couldn

Please log in to read the full chapter