Headlights

Summer of Affliction
Please log in to read the full chapter

2
    We were all having the time of our lives out there by the lake. People were talking, dancing, laughing, having fun. Some were getting a bit too drunk and entertaining the rest of us. Yoongi and I couldn’t stop laughing at Jimin and Hoseok, who were acting like total idiots- they could not handle their liquor very well. I sat next to Yoongi on a log with my head resting on his shoulder as he sipped from his third beer. Hoseok kept wrapping his arms around Miyoung’s waist and swaying side-to-side with the biggest smile imaginable, as Jimin kept tickling him. It was definitely a sight to see. The rest of us were acting pretty normal; just talking and laughing at the occasional stupid thing. I turned my eyes to Yoongi, and saw that he was smiling beautifully, his eyes slightly crinkled at the corners. He looked incredible. I placed my hand beneath his chin and turned him to face me so that I could kiss him. I hadn’t consumed a drop of alcohol, but I was feeling intoxicated; drunk off his lips. Yoongi took me into another world, where it was just me and him- nobody else.

    I snapped out of my deep trance when I heard a loud crack, followed by a flash. I looked up and saw fireworks lighting up the dark sky. Colours danced around above us, capturing the attention of everyone around.

—Yoongi—

    Everyone was distracted, and this was the perfect opportunity to get Jieun alone. I shook Jieun’s shoulder to get her attention and whispered into her ear.

    “Come with me.” Jieun looked confused, but stood up to follow me nonetheless. We snuck past everyone undetected; they were all too busy looking up.  I led Jieun through the grass to Seokjin’s van, where we got inside and closed the door.

    Normally, I’m not a very emotional guy. But with Jieun, I can’t really explain it. She brings out a side of me I didn’t know I had. She’s like an enchantress who magically brings out the sensitive and caring Yoongi that nobody else has ever been able to.

    As Jieun sat down in the van, I reached into my pocket and felt the cool metal on my fingertips. A playful smile crossed her lips.

    “What are we doing in here?” She asked swinging her arms up and around my neck. I pulled my hand out of my

Please log in to read the full chapter