Disclosure

Summer of Affliction
Please log in to read the full chapter

11

—Jieun—

    After the movie was over, Jungkook and I stretched out on my bed. I was pretty tired by now, since I hadn’t been sleeping very well these past few days. I let out a huge, loud yawn. Jungkook was just about to get up when I grabbed onto his sleeve and pulled him back down.

    “Where are you going?”

    “Home?” Jungkook said with a laugh. I don’t know why I was being so foolish right now, but I couldn’t stop myself.

    “No. Stay.” I said. Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

    “It’s late, Jieun. Don’t you want to get some sleep? You’re obviously tired.”

    “I want you to stay.” I said, grinning. Jungkook couldn’t fight off his smile. He took off his beanie and ruffled his hair before getting back onto my bed.

    “This is bad. The guys are probably wondering where I am.”

    “Who cares about them right now.” I replied.

    “True.” Jungkook smirked. “So… There’s something I’d like to tell you.” He said, avoiding my gaze.

    “What is it?”

    “I feel like I’m taking advantage of your accident… But I have to be honest. I’m kind of glad it happened. Ever since you lost all memory of Yoongi things have been- I hate to say it- amazing. I’ve been able to have you all to myself and I’m falling further and further for you. Even before the accident, I liked you, Jieun, but you were unattainable. Now that we’ve actually gotten the chance to spend time together I can tell that you feel the same way. Its undeniable.” My heart was pounding a mile a minute. I’ve been waiting a while for Jungkook to say something like this, and finally he has.

    “You’re right. I do feel the same.” I admitted. The corners of Jungkook’s lips turned up into a smile. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pressed his hand onto the small of my back. I scooted closer to him until our faces were about an inch away and I could feel his breath on my skin. We lingered there, savouring the moment until our lips finally met. I instantly felt it: the spark. The spark that was missing when I kissed Yoongi. This kiss was different, indescribably perfect. After several seconds we pulled apart from each other. I buried my face into Jungkook’s chest in an attempt to hide my blush.

    “What are you doing?” He asked, laughing softly.

    “Nothing.” I said. I couldn’t stop smiling. We laid there together in my bed until we eventually fell asleep. The next morning, I awoke to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I hopped out of bed and went downstairs to answer the door. When I opened it, Yoongi was standing there with his hands in his pockets. My heart nearly stopped. Jungkook was still upstairs in my bed.

    “Hey, whats up? You weren’t answering your phone.” Yoongi said.

    “Oh, I just woke up when you rang the doorbell.”

    “Why do you smell like cologne…?” He asked. I began to panic. Yoongi would freak

Please log in to read the full chapter