Painkiller

Summer of Affliction
Please log in to read the full chapter

13

    I immediately burst into tears. This was a promise ring from Yoongi. I didn’t remember when he gave it to me or what he said when he did, but I knew exactly where the ring came from. I felt like such a . How could I be so stupid? How could I hurt someone who cared so much for me?

    In all my distress I somehow ended up at a bar with a cool glass of liquor grasped firmly in my hands. This had to be my third, and I could feel the effects of the alcohol beginning to set in. Normally I’m not the type to drink away my problems, but right now there was just too much for me to handle at once. I cracked beneath the pressure. As I was taking a long sip of my drink, some creepy guy who reeked of sweat and stale cigarette ashes sat down next to me. The smell was so strong that it nearly made my eyes water.

    “Hey pretty girl, something bothering ya?” He asked. His breath was almost as bad as his body odour.

    “I’m fine. I’d just like to be alone, please.” I stated.

    “Oh, come on. Just let me buy you a drink.”

    “I can buy my own drinks.” I snapped. I really was not in the mood for this.

    “Hey, buddy. Leave her alone.” The bartender said. The creepy guy muttered something under his breath then walked away with his beer.

    “Thank you. Can you refill me?” I said to the bartender. He nodded and came over to me with a bottle of liquor. I held out my glass as he filled it to the rim, and immediately chugged it all down. My head began to spin. This was definitely more alcohol than I could handle.

—Jungkook—

    I headed back to my car after leaving Yoongi’s house. I was scared as hell but I explained everything to him about Jieun and I anyway. I even confessed that I had liked her this whole time. He listened to it all without even looking at me, but when I finally apologized, he said that he forgave me. I know for a fact that he’s still angry, but at least I’m forgiven. That’s more than I deserve, so I’m satisfied. I was part-way home when my phone started ringing. When I picked it up, the caller ID said that it was Jieun.

    “Hello?”

    “Jungkook! Hi! How are you?” Jieun said. Her voice sounded strange and slurred.

    “Jieun, are you drunk?” I asked in shock.

    “I know you are, but what am I?”

    “Yup. Drunk.” I said to myself.

    “Jungkook~ I need your help.”

    “Okay, where are you?”

    “Cooper’s.” She answered. Thank God she at least knew where she was.

    “Okay, I’ll be right there to help.” I turned my car around in some random person’s drivewa

Please log in to read the full chapter