Lies

Summer of Affliction
Please log in to read the full chapter

12

    I immediately slammed on the brakes in rage. She lied. Jieun lied to me, right to my face. I couldn’t believe it. I put my car in reverse and backed up so that I was parked directly in front of her house again, then got out. I tried the front door, but it was locked. I decided to just knock. After a brief pause, I heard the door unlock and Jieun stood before me, her expression a mix of fear and confusion.

    “What are you doing?” She asked.

    “Sorry, could I use your bathroom?” I said, playing it cool. For a split second, I caught her eyes glance towards the upstairs.

    “Uhh, I guess so.” Jieun said hesitantly. I stepped around her and dashed up the staircase before she could grab onto my arm to stop me. “Yoongi, wait!”

    “What? Is there a problem?” I spat, halfway up the stairs.

    “No… There’s a bathroom right there.” She said, pointing to a door near the kitchen. She was trying so hard to stay calm.

    “Well I’m already closer to yours.” I continued up the stairs and towards her bedroom door as she ran after me.

    “Yoongi!” Before she could block the door from me, I pushed it open and saw Jungkook sitting on the edge of Jieun’s bed. His eyes were tired and his hair was messed up. I could tell he’d obviously spent the night. His eyes widened. I have never felt more betrayed by two people in my life. I stared him down, fists clenched, jaw tight. I turned my head towards Jieun, who was standing in the doorway with tears in her eyes. I felt absolutely no pity for her, only boiling rage.

    “Liar.”

    “Yoongi, please…” She began.

    “The Jieun I know would never do something like this.”

    “The Jieun you know is gone, okay?! I barely even know myself anymore!”

    “Liar!” I screamed, completely ignoring her previous statement. I stormed out of her house, not even bothering to close the front door before I sped away in my car.

—Jieun—

    Hot tears streamed down my cheeks as I listened to the sound of Yoongi driving away, his tires screeching on the road. I felt terrible. It wasn’t supposed to happen like this. Jungkook stood up from the bed and wrapped his arms around me.

    “It’s okay, Jieun. Please don’t cry.” He whispered.

    “I feel like the worst person in the world right now.”

    “You’re not.”

    “Yoongi did nothing to hurt me, but just look at what I’ve done to him.” I sobbed.

    “Jieun, you knew you weren’t in love with him anymore, and you knew you would have to tell him that. He would have been hurt no matter what.”

    “I guess so.”

    “This is my fault too. Yoongi is one of my best friends, and I really need to apologize to him.” Jungkook said as he bit down on his lower lip.

    “Well you should wait for him to cool down. Who knows what would happen if you tried talking to him now.”

    “Yeah… Maybe I should talk to Hoseok. He always gives good advice. Is it okay with you if I go see him?” Jungkook asked.

    “Yeah, go

Please log in to read the full chapter