Wake Up

One Problem
Ji-Yong's P.O.V
I woke up to the sound of the house phone ringing. The ringing stopped and I heard Daesung's sleepy voice say hello. Oh yeah I remembered that Daesung's car battery died last night and he spent the night here.
"Uh huh.... oh man that's horrible.... No I did not witness what happened that day.... That'll be okay..... Yes I understand completely.... thank you so much for your help.... you have a good day."
Why did I have a feeling this wasn't good? The bedroom door lightly opened. He appeared in the doorway with concerned eyes.
"Oh you're awake. I thought you'd be asleep. You and I were up all night long."
Nope. I haven't been sleeping well since the day Seung-hyun got hurt. Each time that I would lay down and try to relax I would start thinking of the worst and keep myself awake. Even though I know he is in good care right now I'm still very much on edge over this. This is my best friend. I can't imagine my life ever being the same without him. This is like going out in a rain storm without any cover. It just doesn't work.
Daesung let out a sigh and sat beside me on the bed.
"Okay I was just on the phone with the police detective. He had told me that there was hardly anyone who saw the incident unfold. The only clue that they recieved that is somewhat useful is the color of the vehicle that the attacker drove. Of course there has to be thousands of vehicles with the same color. To make this short, they basically said that there is nothing too much they can do at the moment. They plan on talking to Seung-hyun when he is feeling better and wakes up. We are all hoping he can remember at least a bit of what happened and help with this case being solved. Until then we just need to focus on him recovering."
You have got to be kidding me. Are we seriously going to put everything aside just because of a stupid vehicle color?! I'm not just gonna blow this off while the jerk who severely hurt Seung-hyun walks the streets a free man. Not happening.
"This is just dumb. Why are they stopping everything just because they only know the vehicle color? Shouldn't they be searching?"
"Ji, do you know how many cars are in Seoul that are blue? Quite a few. It's hard to find the guy when there are thousands of other possible suspects. They can't fit half of the city in the police station for questioning. I understand you're angry and you want answers like the rest of us. We need to just be patient. We will get answers soon enough. Please calm down okay? Seungri and Taeyang have doctor's appointments today so it'll be you and me. I'll let you get dressed. We'll get some breakfast and then go do to the hospital and see Seung-hyun. Sound good?"
I bit my lower lip and nodded. He patted my shoulder and left the bedroom. Letting out a depressed sigh I got out of bed and got dressed. I'm kind of felt lazy so I just put on a pair of jeans and a baggy sweatshirt. I am very tired. Last night all I can think about was if Seung-hyun was ever gonna recover and if he was going to make it through. I just hope that he made some improvement during the last couple days. I hope that we can get this solved. Mostly, I hope that he will be okay coming the near future.
 
Daesung and I went to a restaurant to eat breakfast. I wasn't too hungry. All I did the whole time we were waiting for our food is stir my iced coffee with a straw. I eventually got bored of watching ice cubes spin around in a glass. To be honest it is starting to make me dizzy. I poked at the eggs on my plate with the fork. Daesung watched me for a second and then rolled his eyes.
"The eggs aren't going to do a trick anytime soon. You might as well eat them now before it gets cold."
I shrugged. I took a bite and I immediately felt nauseous. I managed to swallow the food in my mouth and wipe my lips on a napkin.
"What's the matter? Are they bad?"
I shook my head.
"No. They're fine. I am just not hungry all of a sudden."
He sighed and nodded.
"You got yourself all upset over this. I know you aren't sleeping very well at night. When you do sleep you have nightmares. I want you to do me a favor Ji. Please stop getting so upset.  I know you care about Seung-hyun. You miss him. You're worried. I understand that but it is unhealthy to have such a lack of sleep and not eat much. This will keep going until you go insane. If I have to I will help you with it whether you like it or not. I am getting concerned about you."
I slowly nod at him. Without saying another word he pays the bill and walks with me out of the restaurant.
We got to the hospital ten minutes later. It's always a nerve wrecking moment just before going into Seung-hyun's room. I never know what I am going to see. I asked Daesung to go in first. He walked in and then I came in behind him. We noticed that he wasn't on a ventilator anymore. He had a oxygen mask over his face.
"Oh there you gentlemen are. I was actually looking for you two."
We jumped and turned around to see a nurse standing in the doorway.
"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I got some good news. He is officially breathing all on his own and the swelling in his brain is starting to go down."
I felt a bit of excitement. Yes, he is making some improvement. That is the best news I've heard all week. It relieved a bit of of the anxiety. At least I know there is a good chance that he is going pull through. The nurse quickly changed the blankets and walked out. Daesung and I joined each side of the bed. It was great not seeing a tube. He was actually breathing. He is alive. It was silent until we heard a faint growling sound. It seemed oddly similar to a dying whale. I felt a small pain in my stomach. Daesung smiled and shook his head.
"That was your stomach wasn't it? I told you to eat back at the restaurant."
Yeah. Thanks for reminding me.
"I'll get you something from the vending machine. Be right back."
I sighed deeply and grasped onto Seung-hyun's hand.
"Hey Buddy. I'm glad you are recovering. You must be glad to be able to breathe all on your own now. I know that I am a bit relieved that you are starting to pull through. I got faith in you that you can make it through this. Right now I just wish you can open your eyes and talk to me. I miss hearing your voice."
Tears welled up in my eyes. I blinked them away and took a breath.
"For some reason I feel like this is my fault. Even though I didn't cause the incident I wasn't there for you when you needed help. If I was there you wouldn't be in here today. You would be home with me. I miss you terribly."
I squeezed his hand lightly a couple times hoping he would respond. Nothing. A minute later I heard a small quiet groan. I looked at Seung-hyun. He moved his head a little and weakly squeezed my hand. Daesung came in just in time. He quickly joined the other side of the bed. Seung-hyun gasps and slightly opens his eyes but shuts them then opens them again. It was like he is trying to wake up but something was stopping him.
"Take it easy buddy. Wake up at your own pace. There's no rush."
Daesung said to him rubbing the top of his hand with his thumb. He kept squeezing my hand and turning his head.
"It's okay. We're right here." I say.
After a few minutes he started to breathe easier and he opened his eyes a bit more.
"Hey there. How are you buddy?" Daesung asks him with a smile. Seung hyun looked at him and then at me then back at him. He looked like he was confused and/or trying to figure out who we are.
"We're happy you can see us now. I bet you are too." 
He didn't say anything. We just got that same confused expression again. I didn't think he knew who we were or where he was. He wasn't talking. I grew more concerned.
"Daesung, I don't think he can talk."
He looked down at him and shook his head. The nurses checked his vital signs. We had to leave so that they can do some tests. We quickly said goodbye to him and left the hospital. We got to the car and started to drive home. Daesung forced me to eat the snack he got from the vending machine in the car. Not only did some tension relieve but a new concern grew. Why wasn't he talking? Is it part of the damage he may have? Is it permanent? Oh God I hope it isn't. 
We got home a few minutes later. As soon as I walked through the front door Daesung turned into mother hen nagging at me to eat something filling. Even though I wasn't hungry I ate something hopefully to make him shut up for five minutes. I was wrong.
"Get dressed into something more comfortable."
Yes warden. I obeyed and he led me to my bed making me lay down and get comfortable. Oh come on. I'm not even sleepy. He darkened the room by shutting the shades and curtains.
"I'm sorry Ji but you desperately need to sleep. You are exhausted."
Resisting a groan I just cover up and lay there. It was a bit awkward having Daesung sit on Seung-hyun's bed watching me closely like I was dangerous or something.
"Do you really need to watch me?"
"I just want to make sure that you get some sleep. I'm gonna leave now."
When he left I started to yawn like crazy. I really am more tired than I thought. I shut my eyes and take a breath. I tried to think of something good to prevent myself from staying awake. I thought of is Seung-hyun being awake and talking. Before I knew it I fell asleep.
 
A/N: I'M SORRY I TOOK SO LONG FOR THIS CHAPTER. I HAVE BEEN BUSY WITH MY FAMILY AND I HAD HORRIBLE WRITERS BLOCK. IT WAS KIND OF FUNNY HOW INSPIRATION HIT AT 1AM. ^-^ SO I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER AND I WILL GET TO WORK ON THE NEXT ONE. ENJOY ~ :P <33