Bad News

One Problem

Ji-yong's P.O.V

 

"You might want to sit down for this."

I sat down in the chair looking at him with a concern expression. I had a sickening feeling that what he has to say wasn't going to be anything good. 

"Alright. I want you to promise me that you will try not to get upset."

Yup. This isn't good. I immediately thought of the worst. Oh my God. Is he dead? I nodded and he sighed before continuing on.

"We had a talk with the nurse while you were downstairs. They ran a few tests yesterday and they saw that he has another brain bleed. They think that he might have head damage."

My heart as it sunk to the bottom of my gut. I could not believe what I am hearing. Does that mean that we might lose him? Oh. God. No. 

"W-What? Damage?!" I shouted covering my mouth with a shaky hand.

"Don't panic. I said he might. We still aren't 100%. He is still unconsious it's hard to know for sure."

I shook my head. I don't want to hear any more of this. 

"No. Not Damages. H-He can't."

He rubbed my shoulder. 

"Ji, you need to understand that he got hit pretty damn hard. Whatever he was hit with must've been heavy to cause brain bleeding and a skull fracture. I'm sorry I had to tell you this but I am only telling you what I know. This is so if something does unfortunately happen to him you were warned. I'm not trying to upset you in any way." 

"Did they say anything else that I should know about?"

He shrugged then nodded. I have no idea how he can even say this without getting the least bit upset.

"They did say that the test picked up some brain activity. He is aware of somethings so that is actually good news to hear. We are all hoping that he will be waking up within a few days or so. When he does wake up they will check and test for any more damages."

I stood up looking down at the floor. He watches me and follows me out of the room. I stood behind the door of Seung-hyun's door. I completely froze. It's like something told me not to go any further. Daesung, Seungri, and Taeyang are standing behind me waiting to see what I am going to do next.

"Are you okay Ji?" Seungri asks touching my shoulder.

I slowly nodded and suddenly ignoring whatever is slowing me down I opened the door. 

I looked at Seung-hyun in the hospital bed. He is still the same as he was yesterday. I remember what Daesung told me in the lounge room. About the possible chance that we won't have the same Seung-hyun we know now. I sighed as I stepped closer to his bed. I gently grasped onto his right hand. After a second I started to talk. 

"Hey Buddy. How are you feeling today?" 

Even though I knew he won't respond back I paused for a moment and then continued on.

"I got you something. It's a small teddy bear. It's light blue and it says get well soon on the belly. I thought you would like it." 

I put the teddy bear in his hand so he can get a feel of it then I put it on the nightstand then grabbed his hand again. 

"I really miss having you at home. I mean just having you there everyday. It feels weird waking up without hearing your alarm clock. I don't see you in the living room watching a drama or surfing the web on the comuter. The apartment feels like an empty shell."

I suddenly remembered the day we first moved in together as room mates. We had a small party to celebrate that night. Seungri, Taeyang, Daesung, Seung-hyun, and I sat in the middle of the living room eating cake and drinking soda. We rented a movie. We stayed up until 3am talking and laughing and slept until noon the next day. The flashback made me smile. 

"I can still remember the first night at the apartment. It was a really fun night. The day that you feel better and get out of this hospital we will have a whole night to celebrate. The main thing we want is you to make a successful recovery. You are a strong person and we all know you can pull through."

I looked at the time seeing that it was almost 1pm. It's just about time for the patient resting hours. Wow. When did the time fly? I take a breath and looked down at him.

"Okay. I need to leave before they kick me out. You get some rest and work on getting well. We all got faith in you buddy. I'll see you later on." 

I gently let go of his hand. I took one last look at my best friend before leaving and shutting the door behind me.

 

Seung-hyun's P.O.V

I just remember why is dislike hospitals. If it isn't the doctors/nurses poking you with needles every five minutes that is making it difficult to relax it's the beepings and tones of these annoying machines. That is all I seem to hear in this stupid place. If I had the slightest ability to reach over and yank the plugs out to silence them I would. I think the doctor's went through tests or something because I felt someone poking at my head earlier and I did feel myself moving a few times. So far I haven't been moved for some time so I think they are finished. 

I heard the door open and footsteps approach my side. If it's a hospital staff with a needle I am going to flip. Please don't let it be that. Please!! Something grasped onto my hand. 

"Hey Buddy. How are you feeling today?" 

Thank goodness! It was Ji-yong! I could'nt have been any happier that it wasn't somebody to poke me with sharp pointy objects.

"I got you something. It's a small teddy bear. It's light blue and it says get well soon on the belly. I thought you would like it." 

I felt something very soft and fuzzy in my hand. I can imagine holding the small blue bear. It must look so cute. The bear was lifted out of my hand and replaced with Ji-yongs warm grip.

"I really miss having you at home. I mean just having you there everyday. It feels weird waking up without hearing your alarm clock. I don't see you in the living room watching a drama or surfing the web on the computer. The apartment feels like an empty shell."

Awww. I'm sorry you're lonely. I miss you too. I wish I can get out of this place and go home. Right now I wish I could at least see you standing there. It'll make it a bit easier and relieve any tension in the situation. It stinks that I can't talk to you or see you. All I hear is nurses talking, phones ringing, beeping and tones. It's hard to rest in this place. 

After a moment of an awkward silence I heard him sigh.

"I can still remember the first night at the apartment. It was a really fun night. I miss the party nights. The day that you feel better and get out of this hospital we will most definately have the whole night to celebrate. The main thing we want is you to make a successful recovery. You are a strong person and we all know you can pull through."

Hm. I really don't see what was so fun about that night. I can remember eating cake and watching some movie. Nothing more. I think a party would sound fun. Ji-yong was quiet for a second.

"Okay. I need to leave before they kick me out. You get some rest and work on getting well. We all got faith in you buddy. I'll see you later on." 

Seriously? You just got here. Okay bye then. I really won't rest well with these people but okay. Hopefully somebody will give me some kind of update or news about how everything is going. He let go of my hand and I heard the door shut only to be re opened. I heard wheels and footsteps so it must be nurses. I felt something tight wrap around my upper arm and someone tap my skin then something wet and cold.

"I just need to put another IV line in for the test and I will be there to help you." 

Oh for the love of...

 

Ji-yong's P.O.V

I put my ear buds in my ears when I got in the car with the guys. I my iPod to a 2NE1 song called: Come Back Home. I don't listen to it that often but for some reason I just felt the need to hear the song. 

"...Come back home. Can you come back home...." 

I felt a bit angry that someone would intentionally hurt Seung-hyun and think they can get away with it. What did he do to deserve this? Why does he have to go through all this pain? I had the song on repeat and listened to it all the way home. I really felt like that one part of the song is saying how I feel about Seung-hyun. I want him to recover. I want him to wake up. I want him to talk to me. I want to see him up and walking. I want to see him smile. I want him to come back home.

 

A/N: No cliffhanger this time lol. I was listening to the song Come Back Home by 2NE1 the whole time I was writing this :P  I am still coming up with ideas left and right for the next chapter and I will try to update soon. I hope you guys enjoy this. Byee for nowww~ ;)