Chapter 15

I Love You

The sounds of the healing room got gradually louder and I shifted my head a little. Upon opening my eyes, I saw a hand resting on my hand that was resting on my stomach. I followed the arm of that hand until I saw Jill’s sleeping figure. Her head was turned away from me and her shoulders moved up and down in a slow, rhythmic way. I was immediately torn.

Oh, why do you have to be sleeping right now?? I want to talk to you! I tried moving my tongue and flinched again. It was still very painful.

Then Jill shifted next to me and slowly raised her head. “Ryeowook?” She blinked at me several times.

I grinned . I was ready to talk to her a moment ago, but now I was suddenly very nervous.

“How are you feeling now?” There was a hint of hope in her voice. Her eyes averted to my mouth.

So good. You have no idea.I slowly opened my mouth and took in a small breath. “Good.” My tongue erupted in more pain, making me clamp my eyes shut.

She stared at me wide-eyed. “You just talked.” Her voice was a quiet whisper. “Holy , you just talked! The nurses were right! Your tongue, it…it just appeared!” She sounded like she was about to cry. “You can talk!”

Seeing her eyes tear up made my own eyes tear up. I grinned widely. “Hi…Jill.” My body shook a little from the pain.

Jill covered and leaned back. “Oh my god…” She giggled while small tears fell from her eyes. “Hi there. Nice to meet you.”

I gently pulled on her arm sleeve and embraced her. “Nice…to….meet you.” The pain felt way more tolerable with her in my arms.

She clung to the back of my shirt tightly. I could hear her crying softly. I the back of her head slowly.

Seconds went by as we held each other. I wished the moment would go on forever. But then my stomach growled. I was still starving. And after looking at my arm, I saw that the little tube was taken out.

I took in another breath. “Jill…?”

She sniffed a little. “Yes?”

“Can we…get some lunch?”

My ear exploded with laughter as she pulled away to look into my eyes. “Of course! You must be so hungry.”

I nodded vigorously. We both grinned and chuckled lightly. I was so close to her face. Her light brown eyes were so beautiful. She slowly leaned her forehead against mine and then rested the side of her head into the crook of my neck.

“I’m so happy you’re okay.” She whispered.

I held her close and rested the side of my head against hers. I love you.