Chapter 14

I Love You

“Hey.” A male voice sounded.

I opened my eyes slowly. Kyuhyun was standing right across from me.

Kyuhyun?

“Yep. How do you feel?”

I looked around. Everything was blurry and dark. Where am I?

“You’re dreaming.”

I looked back at him. Really?

“Just kidding, you’re dead.”

My heart stopped in my chest and I stared at him wide eyed with my mouth half open.

He chuckled. “You should see your face right now. No, I’m just messing with you. You’re dreaming right now.”

I grinded my teeth together and felt a stab of pain in the back of my throat. Ow! What the…?  I placed my hand over my mouth. Why does my mouth hurt so much?

“Why don’t you try opening it?”

I gave him a confused look and tried to open my mouth. Then I realized there was something inside my mouth, resting on the floor. Something I have gone without for the last three days. My…?

 “Yep. Congrats, you got your tongue back.”

But…I don’t understand. She never told me she returned my feelings for her.

“I never said she had to say anything. Love, like most untouchable forces, is felt way before any words come out.”

So…the moment we hugged just now is when she felt it?

He chuckled again. “No, she felt it the minute she brought you into her house, but I wanted to see how things played out. Didn’t want to let you off easily.”

I was silent for a couple seconds, trying to move my tongue but kept flinching from the pain.

“It hurts right now, but like your body, your tongue will get better.” Kyuhyun said.

I held the bottom of my jaw tenderly. How did you even get it back in there?

“I said some magic words and your tongue just grew back. Like a flower.”

I shifted my eyes to the side. It didn’t feel like a flower. More like a thousand bee stings.

“Whatever. The point is you have your tongue back. Do I get a thank you?”

I sighed and smiled. Thank you so much, Kyuhyun.

He smirked and waved me off. “Don’t mention it. Ever. Seriously, if anyone finds out this happened, I’ll be executed.”

Then I’ll stay here so no one knows what happened and you won’t get in trouble.

“Yeah. That’s the reason you’ll stay.”

I flushed. Where is Jill?

“She’s next to you right now. You’re still in the healing room. Some women wearing white clothing came in a couple seconds ago and discovered you have a tongue. They were pretty shocked. So was Jill.”

Oh my god…I can actually talk to her now! I reached out toward Kyuhyun.

He sighed and walked into my arms.

I hugged him tightly. Thank you. Thank you so much!

He patted my back. “You owe me one.”

I’ll pay you back later.

“No you won’t.” He chuckled and backed away. “Okay, gotta go now. You take care of yourself. And her.”

I nodded. You can count on it.

“See ya.” He waved and everything around me faded to black.