Chapter 1

I Love You

You know that feeling when you don’t really fall asleep and you wake up in a kind of zombie-state and you feel like complete crap. That’s me right now. My body feels 1,000 times more heavy than usual as I shift in, I guess, a bed. It takes me all of my strength to raise my arm over my eyes. It hurts. My whole body hurts. Even laying still hurts.

“Hey, he’s moving! He’s okay!” said some voice. A girl voice.

I’m in a girl’s house? My heart stopped in my chest. Could it be…her house? I blinked several times, trying to get a better visual of my surroundings.

"Hey, how are you feeling?” She smiled down at me. She was sitting right next to me, looking down at me. Her brown eyes were smiling at me. Her brown hair was tied up and held back with a green headband. She looked so amazing. I blinked a couple more times. I could feel my face heating up.

“Do you need anything? Water maybe?” She asked.

I opened my mouth, but air came out. I slowly closed it and looked away. God I felt so stupid. As if letting Kyuhyun rip out my tongue was something I could forget so easily.

“What’s wrong? You can’t speak?” Her expression changed to concern. I looked back at her and shook my head, despite the pain I felt from moving. “Oh…I’m sorry.” She looked unsure of what else to say. I quickly shook my head and flinched. I needed to stay still. This pain was just too much.

“Are you in pain?” She got to her feet. “Hold on, I’ll come back with some medicine." She ran out of the room.

I sighed a little. She was so caring. I suddenly took in the fact that I was in her room. Her house. Her life. Not just some “creeper” who watched her in plain sight everyday wishing I could be in her life. As much pain as my body was in right now, I was happy. I could finally be with her.

She came back to my side with two tablets of medicine and a glass of water.

“Here,” she chuckled. “You’ll feel much better in ten minutes tops.”

I looked at the little white tablets and the glass of sparkling water and moved my arm. The pain struck me as if I had worked out all-day yesterday with no breaks. She must have noticed the look of sheer agony on my face.

“Whoa, careful! Okay, don’t move.” she scooted closer. “Just open your mouth.”

My eyes burst open. Whoa, what?? She’s really going to feed me?? I don’t think I’m ready for this!

She brought one tablet close to my mouth. I kept my mouth completely shut, staring at her desperately, wishing I could talk so badly.

“It’s okay! They’ll make you feel better!” She moved her hand a little more but I shook my head vigorously. There was no way in hell I was going to let her see my vacant, tongue-less mouth. I didn’t even want to see it! It probably looks worse than how it feels!

She sighed. “What, are you afraid to take pills? They’re not that bad.”

I shrugged and smiled sheepishly. Yes, that’s it. I’m too afraid to swallow pills. Exactly.

She drew her hand back. “Fine. Is there anything else you need?”

No. Everything is just perfect. Aside from the annoying pain running throughout my body.  I shook my head.

“Alright,” she took a sip of some of the water. “I’ll just leave this here.” She placed the glass on the little white dresser beside the bed. “And these too if you change your mind.” She placed the tablets next to the water.

I looked at her with wider eyes. Is she leaving? No! Don’t leave yet! I forced my hand onto her wrist. It felt like my arm exploded from a grenade throw. My mouth dropped at least a couple inches lower than normal as I screamed out air.

“Oh my god!” She grasped my hand in between hers. “What the hell did you do to yourself!?”

I focused on breathing in and out, but that was hardly helping.

“I really wish there was something I could do.” She sounded upset. I didn’t want her to be upset. This is not at all how this scenario was played out in my head. I felt so ashamed.

She rubbed my hand. “It’s okay. I’m right here.”

I guess she resorted to verbal support. It actually helped. Her hand on mine certainly felt amazing, so soft and cold.

Wait, cold? Why were her hands cold? Was she cold? I suddenly thought about what it would be like to hold her close and keep her warm. Because the rest of her body must be cold too, right? I really wished she was the one pathetically in pain right now. Then I could show her how much I care about her.

“I was going to make some dinner,” she kept her hand in mine. “I guess I’ll have to make two servings." I heard her chuckle.

I opened my eyes and met hers. She was really accepting me, a pain-crippled stranger she found unconscious on the side of her yard, into her house after refusing to take her water and medicine. She had to know I had been watching her…right? This couldn’t have been a silly coincidence! I knew I made the right choice! I returned her smile. I even thought the pain was residing a little.

“Just take it easy. You can stay here as long as you need until you’re feeling better.”

My heart sank a little. So she’s saying I have to get better and then leave? No, I don’t want to leave! I won’t leave. She’ll change her mind once I’ve gotten better because she’ll grow to love me! …Right!? God I hope so…