chapter 9

Horror Show

They had been running for so long. Their lungs burnt in needing of oxygen. Their legs muscles were screaming for them to stop. They halted and bent over, breathing heavily as they reached an open field in the middle of the forest.

Sanghyun wiped the beads of sweat on his forehead before he finally sat up and looked around. "What is this place?" He breathed.

"It's like building remains." GO commented as he traced his hand on the half standing brick walls. There were only the site left. No roof and only small part of the wall still standing.

"What kind of building in the middle of the jungle?" Joon asked, baffled. His eyes were flickering around in case Mir would be anywhere around here. The scream had died down and they were rushing ahead, worried for the missing boy, but, it felt wrong.

GO could only shrugged. Suddenly, Seungho was hushing them. "Can you guys hear that?" Seungho whispered under his breath. The others tried to concentrate to the sound Seungho was claiming about. It was sound of creaking. Seungho beckoned the other three to follow him and they rounded the half standing building only to meet with a view that caused their stomach to be tied in knot and their mouth went dry. Their heart clenched in fear and their limbs felt weak.

The same girl in the camera was on a swing. Just like how Mir had seen the girl. Everything about the girl screamed ghost. With each swung, the swing creaked. They knew exactly this couldn't be human. How can a girl play on a swing in the middle of forest and in the middle of the night? They would have ran if they could, but their legs won't listen to them. They felt like their foot were being nailed to the ground. They froze in the same position, watching as the girl kept swinging.

The swing stopped moving and the girl climbed off of the swing and stood on the floor. Her long white dress was wiping along the ground, hiding her feet that didn't touch with the ground. Her long curly black charcoal hair were shadowing her face as the girl kept looking down. The boys still couldn't move as their eyes just glued to the girl, watching each of the girl's movement carefully.

The girl stretched out her hand and he small palm opened, revealing a bracelet. But, it was too dark and too far for the boys too see. The girl threw the bracelet and it landed right in front of GO. GO's eyes went wide and tears were prickling at the back of his head. His weak legs completely gave up and he fall on his knees. His shaky hands gathered the bracelets.

It was Mir's. It was Mir's favourite bracelet. And it was stained with... blood. "No..." He heard Joon's voice beside him.

Fright that they felt disappeared into the thin air as anger was conquering them. Each of them. "What did you do to him?" Seungho growled.

The girl slightly shook her head in a slow motion. She rose her hand and pointed to one direction, making the four boys to be sent into spiral of confusion. But the girl just walked ahead. More like floating ahead towards the direction she had pointed before.

Sanghyun turned to Seungho with questions all over his face. A similar question that each of them had in mind. 'Is that girl want them to follow her?' and 'Should they follow her?'

GO in a deep breath a few times. His fingers curled around the bloodied bracelet as he shakily stood back on his own two foot and stumbled behind the girl, following her without a sound. The other three nodded as well and started towards the same direction.

They were questioning themselves on where the ghost would lead them but they never voiced it out as the just kept on trailing behind the floating ghost. Truthfully, they were also questioning their own insanity for following an entity they never believed exist before until now that is.

"Cheolyong..." GO breathed, gaining the other three attention as the three boys rushed forward to GO's side. They gasped at the sight.

Mir was standing over an unmoving bloodied guy just beside a cliff. The guy was the buffed old man with gray short army hair. His side of the head was red and the blood was still pouring out of the cut. Mir's front shirt and pants were also covered in blood. In his hand was a piece of large tree branch. Blood was staining the wood, dripping in a slow motion from the end of the wood onto the ground.

"What have you done?" Joon whispered. His voice filled with shock and he refused to believe what was in front of his eyes. Had Mir killed a man?

 

 

-I'll update again tomorrow. Yeay! I passed my exam. Woohoot!-