chapter 8

Horror Show

Mir let out a frustrated scream when his four hyungs just kept going farther away from him following that wrong voice of screaming while he still was stuck in the same place. Sure he was relieved that Seungho managed to stop GO from charging ahead towards the cliff but he was also frustrated that they didn't see him. He released a painful punch onto the barrier. The crack sound from it caused Mir to believe that he had really managed to break his bone if it still wasn't being broken from before.

The boy cradled his throbbing, reddened and swollen hand against his chest and turned, leaning his back on the wall. His body slowly slid down on the ground. It was silent for a while until the same sobbing sound haunted the maknae. This time it was clear. Crystal clear.

Even when he knew he wasn't supposed to, but it was like he had no longer control on his own body as he slowly turned his head to his right. His eyes went wide as he saw the girl in the white dress was standing just right beside him.

At this near distance, he could see clearly her features. Yes, it was dark around them, but there was something about that entity. It was like faint green light were emitting from her whole body, from each inch of her pale skin, lighting her up in ghostly manner.

He hair were long and neatly curled with a white ribbon as the hairband. In her hand was a small pink teddy bear. Her face and skin were pale with green hue. Her eyes were fully black and no white as she stared down on the frozen, frightened Mir. She didn't move and just stood there. Her features were stoic and expressionless even when the sobbing clearly came from her. It was like a still picture of Mir and the ghost of the girl.

The sobbing continued as the human and the ghost were facing each other. Mir couldn't even scream. His limbs all felt weak and numb that he couldn't run. He couldn't even close his eyes from seeing the frightening sight. And he just stayed frozen there with a painfully erratic breath as erratic as his heartbeat.