chapter 14

Horror Show

Mir had to check on Joon every minute. He was just too afraid. He fear that the older might just suddenly stopped breathing. He fear that the older's heart would stopped beating. He wondered, had the night always being this long?

A whimper from Joon caught Mir's attention. In the dark night, Mir could barely see the scrunched up features of Joon. "Joon hyung?" He called again, waiting impatiently as Joon's almond eyes started to blink open.

Mir's breathing stopped for a moment as he heard sharp ragged breath of Joon. The older must have been in so much pain. Mir pushed on Joon's shoulder. "Try not to move so much, hyung." He said in a tender voice, trying to sooth the older though he knew it wasn't so much of a help.

Joon grabbed Mir's hand as he peered up at the maknae. "Yo-You're okay?" He asked.

Mir chuckled despite the situation. "Pabo. I'm not the one bleeding a pile out here." Mir said, finally releasing a relief sigh. Joon was alive. He was talking. He was alive. Mir sat back next to Joon, finally able to loosen up a bit. "They'll be here. We will get help. Soon."

Joon tried to control his ragged breath at the burning pain on his flank. His hand still griped tightly on the maknae's hand for support. "Is it bad? The wound?" He asked, trying to flip himself from his position to lay on his back, but failed due to the intense pain.

"You'll live." Mir aswered shortly, truly believing in his own words. Mir sighed heavily. "Why did you do it, hyung? Jumping in like that. Getting stabbed in my place." Another sigh as the maknae shook his head somehow a bit annoyed that Joon had risked his own life just like that.

Joon chuckled. "I didn't think. I just did. Didn't know it would hurt this much. You did the same thing too anyway, otherwise you wouldn't end up here with me." He said between his hard breathing.

"Always a pabo. But, I guess you have a point there." Mir mumbled but a small smile tugging on his lips when he remembered how he just jumped with Joon whom had fall off the cliff without even thinking for a second. Probably they were both idiots.

It was silent for a while until Joon started again. He hated the silence. It was already dark around him. The silence just made it more unbearable. He felt like he was blind and deaf. He needed to talk and he needed to hear the other's voice. "That girl ghost. What happened?"

Mir hummed thoughtfully before he answered. "I guess she got her wish and went to the afterworld. She was a good girl. She deserve that. I hope she is happy wherever she is now."

"Then, why did she take you away from us? Lead you to danger?" Joon questioned, purely out of curiosity.

Mir smiled. "Because she thought you guys will try to find me." Mir's eyes fall on their intertwined hands. "But I didn't expect you or Sanghyun hyung to chase after me." He mumbled more to himself.

"Why?" Joon asked, crooning his head a bit.

Mir shook his head. "Ani. I just thought..." His voice trailed off.

"You thought we abandoned you. Don't you?" Mir didn't answer. "Honestly, we almost did that." Joon let out a small chuckle. "But, we just can't. Hearing your scream, we didn't see anything but you."

Mir joined the small laugh. "It wasn't me who screamed, hyung." Mir's laugh was louder just a notch as he saw the horrified look on Joon's face. "It was probably Yee Eun's doing. I mean the girl. She wanted to use me to lead you to the place she was buried. But, you guys are just so bad at direction that she ended up just taking me instead to that place." He joked.

Joon nodded. "She knew we will follow you even if it mean we were walking straight into a trap."

"Aww... Really?" Mir fawned and nudged Joon's arm. He wasn't that shy anymore towards the other.  This happening had somehow chased away the awkwardness between them. It felt like they never been apart for a year.

Joon rolled his eyes. "Shut up." He nudged back the maknae's arm and their laugh became one again. "You know..." Joon started again as he squeezed Mir's hand in his. "I miss this." He whispered, smiling as he felt the closeness between them again. The relationship that was getting stretched out now had rebounded back and were making it way to its original places like a rubber band. They were getting there. Like what they have had in the past. Well, he guessed he should thank Yee Eun for this.

"What? Miss lying in the forest, bleeding out?" Mir joked again and when Joon's hand released his hand only to pinch his cheek, he admitted defeat. "Okay! Okay! Duh~ Can't you take a joke?" Another laugh. "I know you do." At Joon's questioning look, Mir continued. "I saw the picture on your phone. You miss MBLAQ don't you?"

Joon nodded slowly. "Sometimes, I just wonder what if I didn't choose to end the contract." His eyes drifted to the distance.

"But you already did, hyung. And you have our full support. I'm just sorry that we lost contact." Mir voiced his inner thought. "I'm sorry that we drifted apart."

Joon's hand found Mir's again. He rubbed his thumb against Mir's palm comfortingly. "If we survive this, promise we will be as close as before. Promise that none of us will back away. Promise that we will always be five. I feel lonely without you guys this past one year." Joon looked up hopefully to the maknae.

"Ugh! Hyung. It is you whom always avoiding me. You always bail out if I ask you to hang out." Mir pouted as he reminded the older that it wasn't him who wasn't trying to keep the friendship in check.

Joon rolled his eyes and tugged Mir's hand to his mouth and bit on it causing the younger to yelp. If he wasn't injured, he would have probably opted to kick the younger's back instead. "I'm being serious!" He whined.

Mir pulled away his hand as he rubbed the teeth mark on the back of his hand. "Since when did you start biting people? You're turning into me, hyung."

"And you're turning into Byunghee with that smart mouth of yours." Joon retorted back, feeling like he was talking to Byunghee instead of the maknae whom was once so cute and innocent and obedient.

"I get that a lot, hyung. I do getting more and more like Byunghee hyung. I hate that." Mir muttered under his breath, not being totally serious about the hate part.

"You change so much." Joon commented.

"It's been a year, Joon hyung. People bound to change." He answered easily. "Anyway that is a lot to promise." He teased. "But, I guess we can manage." And the promise had been sealed.