chapter 11

Horror Show

Still an hour before.... (before the other four met the ghost and Mir, in case you guys didn't understand)

Mir stopped walking when he felt he was stepping on something. He released Yee Eun's hand and kneeled down. He swiped away all the wet brown leaves and found the thing that was just a moment ago, under the sole of his feet. It was a bear plushie. It was brown due to the dirt, but Mir knew, it was the same teddy as the one in Yee Eun's hand.

They were close. The girl's body must have been buried around here. Out of the police's reach. Mir stood up again, his hand clutched tightly on the dirty teddy bear as he continued his walk with Yee Eun following close behind him, only to halt again when he saw a tall buffed old man with gray hair standing not far before the cliff eyes directed below the dark cliff.

"Who are you?" Mir asked skeptically.

The tall old man turned towards Mir. A frown on his face. "Didn't I say this is not a place for game? Leave!" He seethed causing Mir to flinched back, but the maknae didn't make any move to leave. "I said le-" The old man stopped abruptly when his eyes fall on the dirty plushy in Mir's hand. "You!" He pointed a finger rudely towards the MBLAQ maknae as he stomped forward. "Where did you get that?" Venom was literally dripping from his voice.

As their distances were getting shorter, Mir's brows bunched up. Those eyes... Those viper eyes. Mir quickly turned his head to peer at Yee Eun. The ghostly features were trembling in fear, even if she was already a ghost, she was still a child after all and Mir couldn't be more than sure. He also knew, the murderer in front of him right now, couldn't see the ghost like him.

Mir slowly turned to look back at the guy. With gritted teeth, he spoke. "You." His eyes blazing with fire. "You're the one who have killed her!"

The stranger flinched but didn't back up as he stared right back into Mir's eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about." He feigned ignorance as he casually crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Yee Eun!" At the mention of the girl's name, the murderer looked a bit restless in Mir's eyes. His mask of composure was peeling off bit by bit. "You killed Yee Eun."

"You couldn't know." He retorted back.

"How can you be sure? I have this. How can you be sure I don't have the evidence on Yee Eun's death?" Mir taunted as he held out the dirty plushy in his hand.

The man's eyes were flickering here and there in anxiety. "Who are you?" He finally asked.

Mir looked back, straight into the man's eyes with determination. "The guy who will revealed the truth and get the justice for Yee Eun's death." They were quiet for a while until the old man suddenly made a swift motion, grabbing something from his back pocket and held it out threateningly towards Mir. A knife.

"You won't. You won't if I kill you first." The guy let out a dark chuckle and swung the sharp blade towards Mir. It managed to slice Mir's arm in a long red line which then oozed with blood. The plushy in Mir's arm fall onto the ground, together with his broken bracelet stained with his blood. "Die!"

Mir stepped back and to the side when the guy tried to stabbed his heart. Mir was never one who was good in fighting, especially when he was faced with a crazy, psychotic killer. But, he wasn't about to just let the guy stabbed his life out of him. Mir stepped back, managing a few feet distance from the guy. "You think you can escape after killing her and me?" But the old man certainly wasn't in his right mind already.

With a bloody scream, the guy launched at the MBLAQ maknae, but Mir was faster as he kicked the knife out of the murderer's grip. But, it didn't stop the murderer as the buffer man jumped on Mir, sending the boy onto the ground with a painful thud. He straddled the maknae and his fingers curled around Mir's neck, cutting of the oxygen supply. Mir struggled. "No one can know. If you die, no one will know. Only if you die."

It was exactly like how Yee Eun was feeling before her death. Mir's hand tried to push away the strangely strong old man while his other hand frantically feeling around for something that could help him until he got a hold on something hard and coarse. He gripped it tightly and flung it with all his might onto the guy's temple. Sticky warm liquid sprayed onto his face, shirt and pants.

The murderer let out a painful cry and fall beside Mir. Coughing and gasping for air, Mir scrambled back to his feet as he cupped his hurting neck. He was still gripping on the tree branch as he straightened up. He looked down at the guy lying at his feet with hatred and disgust. Should he kill him? That guy had killed poor Yee Eun and he tried to kill Mir just a moment ago. He deserved to die.

He was too absorbed in his inner conflict whether to kill the guy that he didn't realize the presence of the four other boys. As he rose up his hand to give a final blow to the guy's head, he couldn't hear his hyungs yelling for him to stop. He wanted to kill the man. He wanted to give Yee Eun justice. He wanted to. Kill him. Kill him.

But, then, the familiar icy cold small hand rested on his bloodied hand. "Don't" He heard that unmistaken voice in his head.

"He killed you." Mir replied, eyes were still scrutinizing the old man with vengence. But the small cold hand only curled tighter onto Mir's hand and the wood fall weakly from Mir's grip onto the ground. Mir turned to see Yee Eun and what he saw was the most beautiful sight before him. It wasn't the ghostly features, instead it was Yee Eun. The doll-like girl. Yee Eun was smiling and she was fading behind a bright white light and Mir could hear "Thank you" echoing around her as she fade away.

Mir smiled, but his smile faded replaced with jolt of shock as he felt warm body enveloped him and weighing him from behind. He heard the others screaming Joon's name. As he turned to look at the one hugging him from behind, he could see Joon's face scrunched up in pain and the older was whimpering. Joon's hand clutched tightly onto Mir's shoulder. "Hyung?" He called quietly.

The murderer had quietly gotten back his knife and tried to stab Mir, but Joon was faster as he used his own body to protect Mir. He wasn't thinking. His body went automatically to shield the younger.

 Joon was feeling hazy as he felt his legs stumbled backwards. His grip on Mir loosened. He heard Mir shouting his name before he felt his weak body fall down from the cliff. Before he was slipping into total unconsciousness, he felt a pair of arms enveloping his waist as another body rolled off the cliff with him into the depth of darkness.

 

 

-Pfft~ suddenly the ghost became just a cameo in this fic. LOL~ But, I hope you guys still enjoy reading it-