chapter 5

Horror Show

Mir  shut his eyes tightly. He didn't dare to open his eyes, afraid of what he might see. Curling himself into a small ball on the ground, both of his hands were over his ears. He didn't knew how he ended up here and he didn't know where he was right now. It was dark. The trees all looked the same in his eyes. The last thing he remembered was that small girl in the white dress. He lost the track of time and the moment he regained back his consciousness, he found himself lying in the middle of the dark forest alone.

No! He wasn't really alone.

"S-s-stop." He pleaded. Even when his hands were covering his ears, he still could pick up the sound. The echoing of someone crying and sobbing around him in random direction. A girl. It felt like it was everywhere. Even in his head. It filled with despair and unheard scream of help.

The sound of crying was getting closer and clearer, and Mir just curled into himself tighter, trying to scooted back but his moves were blocked by an invisible unexistant wall like a huge transparent glass wall or a magnetic wind barrier. He didn't knew. But, he was trapped. He was trapped alone with an entity and he wished he would never have to face. His whole body was trembling in fear.

Mir waited and waited until the sound suddenly ceased. He was still afraid and waited for a few more moments, but it was quiet. Deafeningly quiet, not even a sound of crickets until a loud voice tore through the forest. GO! "CHEOLYONG! WHERE ARE YOU? ANSWER ME."

Mir's eyes flew opened and he turned 180 degrees and immediately got back on his feet. His palms were flat against the invisible wall that was halting his steps. "HYUNG!!! I'M HERE!" Mir screamed back and pounded on the wall when he saw flashes of lights, followed by GO coming out from the shadow. He smiled a bit in relief at GO's presence but his face fell down when he realized the older didn't see him. The older didn't even hear his voice screaming and calling for him even when he was standing just right next to the older.  They were so close, only the wall separating them. Mir would have given everything to at least reached out his hands for his hyung.

Another scream tore through the forest and Mir's heart sunk in his stomach. It was his own voice, but it wasn't him. Mir saw how GO turned to the direction of that voice, away from him and his eyes went wide. He gasped as panic rushed into him right when he realized where GO was running towards now since his eyes were getting slightly adapted to the dark. A cliff!

"No no no no no." Mir chanted under his breath as his heartbeat quickened. He shook his head frantically. He started to jump in his place and kept pounding on the wall, ignoring the pain shooting through his hands which he probably had managed to fracture the bone as he thought of how GO would fall into the deep darkness of the cliff. "NO! HYUNG! NO! THAT'S NOT ME. I'M HERE. NO! COME BACK! HYUNG!!!" He shouted his lungs out but it was in vain. "THERE'S A CLIFF THERE! DON'T GO THERE!" GO clearly didn't hear him. "NO!!!!!"