Chapter 12: What's the truth?

The Mediator 2 (GOT7 MARK feat.BTS Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK'S POV

I walked out of the exit together with the rest, but I didn't catch any sight of Wendy.

"Where's Wendy? I thought she said that she will be waiting for us here? ", Tammy joined me by my side and asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and scanned every nook and cranny of the surroundings. I soon found her running about frantically some distance away, with Leila in her arms, looking extremely flustered over something.

Something wasn't right.

I hurried over and called out to her.

"Wendy! What's wrong?", I asked,

"And oh my god, why are you crying?", I was shocked when I noticed that tears were running down her cheeks.

My hands reached out to her cheeks reflexively, wiping away her tears with my finger and I looked into her eyes.

"K-kylie... S-he's missing...", the words choked in .

"WHAT?! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?"

Before I could even console and understand the situation from her, Tammy had already stormed towards us.

She snatched back Leila from Wendy's arms and shouted furiously at her.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY KYLIE?! TELL ME WHERE IS SHE NOW?", tears were also welling up in Tammy's eyes as she got really worried.

"I really shouldn't have trust you and left my precious girls with you... I won't forgive you if anything bad happens to her!", she sniffed as brother-in-law came forward and cooed her.

Trying to get the situation back into control, I then suggested for everyone to split up and start searching for Kylie. She couldn't have run that far.

With Wendy still in my arms, I caressed her hair and brought her into my embrace.

"Don't worry, we will find her."

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

The moment I broke the news to them, Tammy was already shouting at me.

Yes, I deserved to be reprimanded. I should have been more alert and paid more attention to Kylie as she was walking beside me. She is only a four year old child and I shouldn't have expected her to listen to my instructions well.

I continued crying as I blamed myself for losing her too.

Mark was holding me in his embrace all this while and he caressed my hair gently.

"Don't worry, we will find her", he tried to console me and slowly interlocking his hand with mine, he pulled me along.

"Come on, let's go. We will find her together."

-
-
-

We have been roaming about Disneyland for the past twenty minutes but there was still no news of Kylie.

That left me exceptionally sad and subdued as Tammy's words kept replaying in my mind.

"I won't forgive you if anything bad happens to her!"

And it was such that I didn't even notice Mark picking up a call beside me.

It was only after Mark had called me a few times that I finally snapped out of it.

"Wendy! Wendy?"

"Huh?", I looked back at him, dazed.

He showed me a heartening smile as he told me,

"Good news. Yugyeom just called and he said that they had found Kylie."

-
-
-

When we finally met up with the rest after running back together, all I saw was Tammy hugging on to Kylie as she cried.

"Kylie!", I beamed, but just as I was about to run forward to her, Mark held me back. I gave him a quizzical look but he only shook his head at me to signal to me that now isn't the right time.

"Kylie, luckily you are alright... Mummy was so worried about you...", Tammy trailed as she cupped onto Kylie's face and spoke.

As Kylie is still young and probably doesn't understand how worried we were because of her, she only flapped her hands excitedly and exclaimed,

"Mummy! Kylie hashhh bween a good girl! I stayed here with uncles and aunties!"

"Yea, Kylie was indeed a good girl! Come on, Aunty Jessica shall buy you some balloons now!", Jessica now stepped forward and patted Kylie on her head. She then held onto her hand and led her to the booth which was selling balloons happily.

"Thanks Jess", Tammy thanked her gratefully before her eyes met with mine.

"And lucky you. There better not be a next time", she growled.

-
-
-

JESSICA'S POV

As I brought Kylie along with me, I couldn't help but snigger.

The look on Wendy's face was just priceless! And the way Tammy scolded her, it was as if she stood up for me unknowingly. Although Mark was all close to Wendy during the process, I was still glad that I succeeded in my first move.

To make the Tuan family lose trust in her.

It was all worth it!

I let out a soft laughter as I thought and it was then I felt a tug on my arm.

"Aunty Jessica, what's sho fwunnyyyy?", Kylie looked at me with her sparkling eyes.

"Oh nothing~ Aunty Jessica is just really happy today because Kylie did me a huge favour."

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

The journey back to Mark's home was just awkward. Maybe not for the rest, but for me.

I stayed quiet throughout the entire ride and my gaze was fixed on the scenery outside the windshield. Somehow, I could sense that everyone was rather unhappy about my negligence today, typically Tammy.

Yugyeom seemed to notice my unusual silence and he turned his body to face me.

"Noona, stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter