Chapter 15: Denial & Mind blown

The Mediator 2 (GOT7 MARK feat.BTS Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I rouse from a heavy slumber, I am first aware of the green sheets of curtain that were surrounding me. My head felt heavy and I was tucked in on a bed that seemed so unfamiliar to me. My clothes were changed into a a thin pinkish gown and my eyebrows furrowed as I felt it around my body.

I half wonder if I'm still dreaming as I sit up to take in the shafts of light that burst through the window at the sides.

Now I'm awake, perhaps more fully awake than I've ever been. I found myself situated in a room, with a beeping machine sounding beside me and a tubing attached to my wrist. From the corner of my eyes, I saw that a girl was sleeping next to me and a loud commotion was going on from outside the room.

"GO AWAY HYUNG! JUST LEAVE! I DON'T THINK THAT YOU DESERVE TO SEE NOONA NOW! WOORI NOONA GOT INTO THIS STATE BECAUSE OF YOU AGAIN! LEAVE!"

"NO! LET ME SEE HER YUGYEOM! I WANT STAY HERE WITH HER!"

"What's going on?", I finally hissed as I opened the door from inside, peering out.

All of their faces shot up when they saw me and one of the guy who had bloodshot eyes ran to me first and hugged me tightly.

"W-Wendy? You are finally awake! You don't know how worried was I! I'm so s-orry to hurt you again and again..." He was even crying as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

I looked at everyone who was staring at us now.

It's a bizarre nightmare. It's worse though than it first appears.

Usually after waking, I know who I am, but I don't. I can't think of a name that belongs to me or a single person I know right now. Any face my subconscious offers has as much resonance as a total stranger.

"Who are you? Who am I? And where am I now?", one question each time, I blurted out.

Everyone who was standing before me widened their eyes while the guy slowly released his grip on me and studied my face.

"Wendy-ssi? Are you alright?", he cautiously asked.

Now, the other guy whom he was arguing with also stepped forward.

"Noona, gwaenchanayo?", his face seemed a little perturbed and when he saw a man dressed in white coat passing by, he stopped him by his arm and asked,

"Ui-sa, my noona can't recognize anyone now, what's her condition?"

I eyed the doctor suspiciously while he went into the room and came out with a file.

"Hmm... Let me see...", he flipped a page from the file,

"Miss Wendy here seemed to have suffered from a head injury before... And according to what you guys have told me, she even went mountain climbing when you found her unconscious... That might have triggered back her concussion and if you said that she couldn't recognize you all now, I would say that she's currently experiencing a temporary memory loss."

Then, he turned to face me.

"You really can't remember anything?"

I shook my head.

With that, the doctor gave a pat on the lad's shoulder and left.

Everyone had solemn looks on their faces now and the guy who was embracing me earlier on fell back onto the seat behind him.

"Mark!", one of the girl called and went to support him.

All these while, I was just standing there awkwardly, watching them quietly when someone suddenly pulled me from the back.

"Erm guys, I think that all of you should head home and rest first. I will take care of Wendy from now. You know, girls are better when it comes to this...", it was the girl who was sleeping next to me previously who said that.

The guy by the name of Mark shot me a crestfallen look before he was dragged along dejectedly by the other guy.

However, I don't know why but my heart pained a lot as I saw him drifting away from me.

"Oppa, mianhada...", I whispered under my breath.

After making sure that everyone had left, the girl closed the door behind us and walked me to my bed.

I sat by the edge and looked earnestly at her.

"Who are you?", I then asked.

All she did was to roll her eyes at me before she said to me,

"They have all left. You can quit acting now, Wendy."

-
-
-

Back in South Korea,

JIN'S POV

I was in the midst of styling my hair along with my fellow BTS members when my phone started ringing in my pocket.

"Just a second", I told the hairstylist and she walked away to give me some private time to answer my call.

"Yo, what's up JB?" I have gotten his number from him when we were there to help Wendy when she was warded at the hospital the last time.

"Hyung", he called softly.

"Yea?"

"Wendy-ssi... She's in the hospital again..."

"WHAT?!", I shouted into the phone, which attracted the attention of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter