Chapter 10: The Tuan Family

The Mediator 2 (GOT7 MARK feat.BTS Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Noona, gwaenchanayo? Do you want me to switch places with Mark hyung?", Yugyeom lowered his head and looked at me when he noticed that I was feeling rather uncomfortable in my seat.

My head was throbbing and time after time, I would feel as though it is going to burst.

He was already preparing to get up when I stopped him.

"Nah, it's okay", I massaged my temples,

"I'm just having a headache. Anyway, Yugyeom-ah, do you mind getting me the painkillers in my bag?", I then gestured for Yugyeom to help me get them from the baggage compartment above.

It must be due to fact that the plane is flying at high altitude now. I recalled what the doctor had warned me about but this is of no choice. Although it hurts badly, I have to bear with it.

As Yugyeom got up and retrieved my bag, I craned my neck and looked over at the front, where Jessica and Mark were seated at.

They were chatting happily and it seems like they were both enjoying each other's company. Mark had initially wanted to sit with me, but since Jessica was sending me daggers, I gave in to her.

I have thought through and I decided to trust Mark.

"Noona, here you go!", Yugyeom got back to his seat,

"You've been to Seoul Hospital?", he asked again while handing me the bottle of tablets. He had probably noticed my name on the bottle.

I nodded my head and smiled weakly at him, but I didn't give him a definite reply.

The lesser the number of people who knows of my condition, the better it is.

After which, I closed my eyes and slept throughout the long journey to Los Angeles.

-
-
-

"Mark!"
"Jessica!"
"Wendy!"
"Yugyeom!"

The moment we stepped out of the arrival hall, two figures were seen waving and calling out to us from a far.

No need to say, it was Papa and Mama Tuan who were here to fetch us.

"Mum, dad!", Mark was the first who went up to hug them. I was about to go next when someone shoved me aside.

"Uncle, Aunty", Jessica was the one who did it and she tried to play innocence to it by just greeting the couple politely.

"How have you two been doing?", she carried on talking to them, slowly shifting their attention away from Yugyeom and I as we continued walking towards their car.

"Tch, don't worry noona, at least we have Mark hyung all to ourselves now", Yugyeom then whispered into my ears, which made me laugh.

"Hyung!", he then called out and Mark soon came to my side.

"Hey, it has been a long flight. And oh my god, Wendy-ssi! Why do you look so pale?", he cupped my face and turned my head to face him when he noticed my feeble look.

"It's noth-"

"Noona was having a terrible headache throughout the entire flight... I was quite worried and had wanted to call you over but she kept insisting that she was fine...", Yugyeom cut off my words and answered Mark instead.

I looked down immediately as I could sense Mark already frowning at me.

"Wendy...", he lifted up my chin, forcing me to look at him into the eyes.

"Don't do that again alright? You have to tell me if you are not feeling well. I'm your boyfriend, it's my job to take care of you."

I smiled at his words. I'm really glad that Mark is such a caring boyfriend and he's now here, together with me.

"Ne", I promised him gleefully.

We intertwined our hands and then strolled towards the car together, whereas Yugyeom excused himself to join his manager, purposely leaving some time for Mark and I to spend together.

Shortly after when we reached the car, the guys helped to load the luggage and Mama Tuan finally came up to me.

"Wendy! It's great seeing you again!", she embraced me tightly.

"I'm so sorry for only greeting you now."

"No, it's okay Mama Tuan. I should be the one who should be. I'm so sorry for not being able to keep up to my promise to you previously", I apologized as I recalled my conversation with her last time, when she entrusted Mark to me.

"Oh no, Wendy. You are making me feel bad now. Aunty have been feeling extremely guilty about it ever since Mark spoke to me about what happened in the end. I shouldn't have pressurized you right from the beginning...", she held onto my hands as she spoke.

"Ladies, enough 'sorry's. Now, if you don't mind, would you please get into the car?", Papa Tuan suddenly appeared from behind us, grinning.

The guys were already done with the luggage while Mama Tuan and I were exchanging greetings. We didn't expect them to be so quick and efficient.

"Okay, get in first my dear. We will talk more at our house", Mama Tuan then gave me a gentle push from the back.

It was a 7-seater car so I boarded the backseat first. Mark was right behind and he followed me inside the backseat.

Jessica's head soon popped in next and she had her gaze fixed towards Mark and my direction.

As she was climbing up onto the car, Yugyeom shoved her in, onto the seat in front of us.

"Oh no no no noona! You are sitting with me now! Leave those love birds alone!", he told her and gave me a wink at the same time.

I was secretly smiling inside whereas Mark was the one who burst out laughing right away shockingly.

"Thank you so much my maknae~ And sorry about that Jess! Wendy needs me more than you now!"

-
-
-

"Guys, WE ARE BACK!", Mark bellowed once he entered the house.

It was soon after that a few footsteps came running down from the second level.

"Yo bro! And my pretty Jessica, you are back too!", a boy, about the age of Youngjae was the first to appear in the line and he ran straight into the arms of Mark and Jessica.

A sweet looking lady came up next and she ran there to join them as well.

"Welcome back home guys! Kylie and Leila missed you guys so much", the lady exclaimed.

"And you don't?", Mark sniggered at her, only to earn himself a smack on his arm.

I recognized those familiar faces, owing much to Instagram and Twitter. They were Mark's siblings - Joey and Tammy.

Then at the living room, I saw Grace sitting there, watching television while munching to some chips.

"Hey guys!", she said casually to them, but her eyes widened when she saw Yugyeom and I.

"Oh, looks like we have other guests this time!"

This finally made Joey and Tammy look over at us.

"Yugyeom! Glad to see you here!", Tammy went to him first and then to me.

"And you must be Wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter