Chapter 14: The Climb

The Mediator 2 (GOT7 MARK feat.BTS Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait Jessica! Where do you think you are going?", I shouted after her, but to no avail. She was already on her own and was gradually disappearing from my sight.

Hmm... Probably she can handle it on her own? I thought.

Shortly after her departure, the rest came back from their respective activities.

"Alright guys, we have selected the route we will be using today. But before we head up, let's check our backpack again to see if we have our essentials all ready for today's session", Mark instructed as soon as he walked over to us.

"And you, when is Yugyeom arriving?", he then snapped his fingers at me while I was busy double checking the items in my bag.

"Soon I guess...", I answered without looking up and it was then I felt something unusual in my bag.

"What is this?", I brought it out and held it up in the air.

"O, you have asthma too Wendy?", Grace asked as she pointed at the object in my hand.

On a closer look, I realized that it was an inhaler.

"No, I don't", I replied, staring blankly at it.

Noticing that something was amiss, Mark snatched it away from my hand and his eyebrow furrowed after he took a quick look at it.

"What are you doing with Jessica's inhaler?", he asked in a serious tone.

"And where the hell is Jessica anyway?", he turned around and only now then he realized that she was missing.

"Jessica's?", I scratched the back of my head as I was really still not into the situation.

"She went up on herself earlier on."

"WHAT?!", Tammy suddenly screamed when she heard me.

"AND WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP HER?", Mark looked really angry with me now.

"I-"

"WENDY LOH. YOU ARE REALLY GETTING IT OUT OF HAND", Mark took a deep breath and bellowed.

"Mark loo-"

"Let me guess. You hid her inhaler and allowed her to roam around on her own? You are making use of this chance to get back at her because you thought that she framed you, aren't you?"

"No, I just-"

"STOP IT. DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS CAN COST A LIVE?", he was shouting at me now,

"Jessica have been having a really bad asthma condition ever since young and she needs to be closely monitored whenever she carries out strenuous activities... Do you know that this little scheme of yours went a little overboard? Are you willing to bear the consequences?"

I lowered my head slightly and wiped away some tears which were already forming. Then, I looked back up at him.

"Mark, look, I didn't kn-"

"You are going to deny it again aren't you? You never realize tha-"

"MARK TUAN! WILL YOU STOP CUTTING IN TO MY WORDS? I TOLD YOU THAT I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE! I DIDN'T!", I could no longer contain my grievance and I was now the one who was yelling back at him.

I didn't even know that I was so angry until Mark did it again.

The bark of my voice even surprised him.

"WHEN DID YOU EVER BELIEVE ME? NEVER! NEVER ONCE!"

Mark looked at me through his wide red-rimmed eyes, his mouth slightly opened and a glisten of snot above his cracked lips.

I knew that I should reign it in, apologize before I made it worse, but I just didn't have it in me to stop. My words crashed out unchecked, unaltered.

"AND WHY? BECAUSE YOU NEVER EVER CARED ABOUT ME! YOU WERE JUST TOO BUSY WITH JESSICA!"

My second voice was urging me to stop, but this was an explosion in progress, no reverse gear, no dampeners. My every word was clipped, punching into the air. I jabbed the air with a pointed finger at each utterance, my eyes narrowed and set hard.

"I AM REALLY SICK OF ALL THESE NONSENSE."

"Guys", Joey finally stood between us and called out, getting our attention.

"I think that what's important now is to find Jessica asap."

I noticed Mark balling up his fists before he released it again. He cooled himself down a bit before he spoke, looking at me with his glazed eyes.

"Right. We should split up and find her now. If anything goes wrong or if you can't find her, I don't know what to say about our relationship either."

He finally said it.

He used our relationship to threaten me.

In my heart, everything had already shattered into pieces. But I still managed to bite into my lips and threw him a smirk.

"I am sorry to say but I can't join you."

"And what's the reason to it? Looks like you really want her to die uh?", he shot me an unbelievable look.

"What if", I paused and thought of how I should phrase it,

"What if I tell you that I might die too if I go up there alone? Will you believe me?" I stared into his eyes and pointed up at the mountain.

This is the last chance. This is the last chance I'm giving him and myself.

"No, I don't. I don't even know how I should face you anymore...", he shook his head depressingly at me.

"Well, thank you for that answer Mark. I will listen to you this one last time and I'll make sure that I find back YOUR Jessica."

With that being said, I turned my body and set out on my journey.

Stay strong, Wendy.

-
-
-

YUGYEOM'S POV

"Sorry Papa Tuan, but do mind driving a little faster?", I hurried him as I was panicking all over.

"Why? You chose sleep in and now you can't wait to join them already?", he laughed and I faked a smile at him.

Neither did he know that right now in my heart, I was praying fervently that noona is still waiting for me.

-
-
-

MARK'S POV

"Mark? Do you think that it's fine to leave Wendy alone? Do you want me to go and check u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter