* outro *

Look Here

Soooooo after I wrote the last chapter, which was supposed to be the end of the story, a lot of people were left wondering *coughcomplainingcough* about what happened to Namjoon, so I decided to write a little extra bit, just for you... I hope this satisfies everyone, hahaha...

AoH


_______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Look here ~ outro ~

 

The boys were on a high after the performance had ended. Rapmonster, J-Hope and Suga (and to some extent, Jimin) were used to it, but for Jungkook, Jin and V, it was a totally new experience, and they were unable to stay still, or shut up about it. The original BTS looked on, with amused parents smiles as the younger ones prattled on excitedly, trying to relive every moment.

 

After a moment, V went to the side and pulled out his phone. Rapmon was watching him texting away with the stupidest grin, when he saw the kid take off at a run through the main door. He looked around at the rest of the group but everyone was still chattering excitedly about the performance and hadn’t seemed to notice the boy’s disappearance so he alone remained perplexed.

 

A few minutes later, security came to announce that it was ok for them to go out, so they left through the main door, in little groups of twos and threes. Jungkook and Jimin were walking ahead, clucking like geese, followed by Suga and J-Hope who were discussing technical points of the music they felt they needed to tweak, while Jin looked on at the two of them, listening, but not actually getting involved in the conversation. Rapmon was lagging behind, wondering about V and where he had gone. He didn’t know why it was bothering him so much.

 

He figured it out an instant later when he spotted them.

 

A little ahead of his group, the path forked in three different directions, and a little further down the right fork, a young couple was locked into a passionate embrace together. Even though they were far, V’s stage outfit was a dead giveaway, and Rapmon didn’t have to try very hard to imagine that the extremely short girl he was holding was Insook.

 

He stopped walking as he stared, feeling his insides churn. Honestly, he had expected this to happen, but he was still surprised by how much it hurt. He stopped walking, falling behind as the other boys carried on, not noticing him, and kept staring at the couple, his hand tightening into a fist as he tried to control his expression.

 

Jin happened to turn around at that moment and noticed that Namjoon wasn’t there anymore. He looked around and spotted his friend, a few paces behind, and was going to call out to him when he saw the expression on his face. He followed his line of vision and saw the couple as well – immediately putting two and two together – and sighed sadly, before turning around and jogging back up to the group. He cast a glance back at Namjoon just in time to see him turn around and walk off in the opposite direction, hands in his pockets.

 

*

 

Namjoon wandered around the park for a while, not knowing what to do with himself, but the festive atmosphere annoyed him, so he soon left and started walking the streets of Hongdae instead. It seemed that, everywhere he looked, all he could see were happy couples, laughing, holding hands, sharing food… all of it just making him sad and kinda angry, so he took a turn down an alleyway til he ended up in a residential area with no people. He walked for over an hour an somehow ended up in front of Soonja’s restaurant.

 

He walked in, by force of habit, and sat down at a random table since his usual one was already occupied.

 

A few moments later, a cup of cold tea appeared in front of him, and he looked up to see Soonja looking down at him with a sad sort of smile. She glanced around the room, as if to check that she wasn’t going to get in trouble, and then sat down in front of him.

 

“I’m guessing she told you, huh?”

 

He looked surprised by her comment, but then reminded himself that, of course, she was Insook’s best friend, so she would know.

 

He looked down at his hands, which he held together on the table and gave a small nod. She reached out towards him and put a hand on top of his, squeezing gently. When he looked up she was giving him a small, tentatively comforting smile. It was unusual because she was normally always sneering at him, and any time he’d ever seen her smile, it had never been directed at him. His heart skipped a beat, and he was confused, forgetting for an instant, the harsh pain of rejection.

 

“You know, it’s kinda funny…” he said, with a sarcastic little chuckle, “I think it’s the first time anyone’s actually turned me down…”

 

“Well maybe it’ll be good for you.” replied the pretty girl, leaning back with a little smirk.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Turn down that ego of yours a few notches, eh?” she added, raising an eyebrow, making him chuckle.

 

“Aaah… maybe…” he smiled, sadly.

 

Soonja’s smirk vanished as she saw that he was actually, genuinely sad, and she suddenly felt bad for teasing him.

 

“You really liked her?”

 

Namjoon nodded, without looking up and Soonja looked down, with a little sigh.

 

“But I didn’t love her.”

 

Soonja looked up again.

 

“I think that’s why, in the end she didn’t choose me.” he explained, still looking at his hands.

 

Soonja didn’t say anything so he went on.

 

“V loves her. I think that’s obvious to everyone. I think that’s why… I think that’s why she ended up choosing him.” he shrugged, finally looking back up at her, with a small smile like he was trying to convince himself of something.

 

“Yeah…” said Soonja, not knowing what else to say.

 

They sat together in silence for the next few minutes, til Soonja’s mother started yelling at her from across the room that she still had 30 minutes to her shift and they weren’t paying her to sit and chat with the customers.

 

“You’re not paying me at all!” retorted the young woman, still getting up from her seat, then adding to Namjoon “Sorry…”

 

He waved his hands as if to say it was nothing, and she smiled.

 

“But you heard her. My shift is ending soon. If you wait, wanna go somewhere after?”

 

His eyes grew so big in surprise at her suggestion that she couldn’t help chuckling.

 

“Huh… sure.” he answered, a little taken aback, and she smirked and gave him a little nod as she straightened up.

 

Namjoon watched her walk off thinking that he really didn’t understand women at all.

 

 

Thirty minutes later, as promised, Soonja stepped outside, where Namjoon was waiting, with a hoodie under one arm and a bag looped around her other shoulder, looking at him expectantly, with a bright smile. Namjoon, who was leaning against the wall, looking at this phone, looked up and gave her a reluctant smile. She rolled her eyes and him and closed the gap between them, looping her arm through his and starting to walk.

 

The boy was startled at her sudden and unexpected display of friendliness and didn’t know how to react. Soonja chuckled and just kept dragging him on towards the station.

 

“So? Where do you wanna go?”

 

Rapmon shrugged. “Whatever. I have a feeling we’ll just end up doing what you want anyways.”

 

Soonja punched him lightly on the shoulder and he let out a chuckle-moan in response.

 

“Aish… this girl… always hitting me…” he shook his head, but he was smiling.

 

“Alright then,” she said, looping her arm through his again, as if nothing had happened, “coffee it is!” 

 

 

THE END! (for real this time)