er (Punched)

Look Here

 

Chapter 11 – er (punched)

 

After school, J-Hope, Jimin and the rest of BTS all headed to the dance studio to have a final rehearsal together before the big day. First, the dancers showed their friends what they had prepared, while the two rappers hooted appreciatively. Afterwards, the rap-line practiced together in front of the mirror, while Jimin watched eagerly from the sidelines and gave pointers about what looked cooler and what needed a bit of work. A few hours later, they all trouped out and headed for dinner at the pork-belly restaurant they’d been to before.

 

“You can eat this time, right?” J-Hope asked Jimin, making a joke of their prior conversation.

 

“Of course! I love meat!” they both laughed and Rapmon and Suga looked at each other like they had no idea what was going on.

 

They made their way to their usual table and the waitress came to take their order. This time it was a middle-aged lady with a kind but tired face.

 

“Aaah…” sighed Rapmonster after she’d gone, “I was hoping that y thing from last time would be here again…”

 

“The chick with the glasses?” asked Suga, surprised.

 

“What? No! The other one, with the long wavy chocolate hair! And the rack!” he laughed, though nobody else seemed to think it was funny. “Oh!” he then exclaimed, not realizing nobody had laughed with him, “her!” and pointed at a pretty girl, smiling kindly at an old couple a few tables away.

 

As if she’d heard him, Soonja looked up in his direction and their eyes met. He smiled at her, but her response was not what he expected. First came surprise, followed by a look of extreme anger before she turned and stomped back into the kitchen.

 

J-Hope and Suga were pissing themselves laughing, and Jimin was trying really hard to be polite to his hyung and not say anything. But Rapmonster’s mouth just hung open in shock.

 

“Did you stand her up and you don’t remember already?!” asked J-Hope, between giggles.

 

“What?! No!” retorted the blonde kid, genuinely confused, “I only saw her that one time with you guys!”

 

“Well she didn’t seem to like him much back then either,” pointed out Suga, which earned him a stern glance from their leader.

 

“Well anyways,” said J-Hope to Jimin as if he was going to tell him a secret, “if you don’t mind the rude waitresses, the meat here is really awesome.”

 

*

 

About an hour later, three boys stood outside the restaurant, complaining about how they’d eaten too much, and waiting for Rapmonster, who was still inside, paying for their dinner.

 

“THANKS BRO!!!”  they all chorused as he came out a few seconds later, making the blonde kid chortle and pet Jimin and Hobi roughly across the head.

 

“I’ll make it up to you when I’m rich, hyung!” said Jimin, grinning.

 

“Yeah, yeah…”

 

And they joked playfully like that for a few seconds, walking in the direction of Suga’s apartment, but stopped when they heard a voice calling out behind them.

 

“HEY!”

 

They all turned around to see who had shouted, and relaxed when they saw it was the cute waitress from the restaurant. She stood in her street clothes, near the shop entrance, half-hidden in the flickering light of a busted neon sign.

 

“Hey, blondie!” she repeated, starting to walk over in their direction.

 

“Oooh,” cooed all 3 boys together, looking at Namjoon who said, “alright you guys go on ahead…” and when they didn’t move he added, “go on!!!” giving J-Hope a mock-kick on the .

 

They scampered away as the girl arrived at level with him. She was walking slowly, arms crossed over her chest, and the expression on her face didn’t really look like that of a girl who wanted to give him his number. Though he was happy she had made a move toward him, he wondered just exactly why she’d called out to him. Unfortunately, it definitely wasn’t for any of the reasons he suspected. Before he knew it, she’d uncrossed her arms and thrown a powerful right-hook at his face, making him stumble backwards and clutch his jaw in pain.

 

“What the f-ck, girl?!?!” he exclaimed, “what’s your problem?!” his eyes going wide in shock. He brought a hand to his lip and was surprised to find she had drawn blood when he pulled it back.

 

“You want another one?” she asked, advancing on him, cracking her knuckles.

 

“Hey look, I don’t know what’s your problem, but I don’t fight chicks…” he said, straightening up, so he was looking down her.

 

“Oh yeah?” she looked up at him, her eyes issuing a challenge.

 

“Plus, you only got that one punch in cuz you caught me unware, if you ha-” but before he could finish  his sentence, she’d grabbed his wrist, flipped him around, and pushed his face against the concrete wall, where she held him as he struggled.

 

“I’m a black belt in Taekwondo. My dad’s an instructor. Been doing it since I was three. Still think I got lucky?”

 

“Okay! Okay!” he shouted throwing his free hand up in defeat, and she finally let him go.

 

“Damn… what the have I ever done to you??” he mumbled, nursing his wrist and cheek.

 

“This is just a warning.” She said, dead serious.

 

“A warning?”

 

“I want you to leave Insook alone.”

 

“Insook??? What does she have to do with this??” he replied, honestly confused.

 

“Quit ing with her.”

 

“What’s it to you anyways? You jealous?” he smirked.

 

She was baffled that he could still be this cocky after she’d just given him a bloody lip, but she shook her head.

 

“Insook’s my friend. But she’s too naïve. I told her about you, but apparently she can’t keep herself from doing stupid things, so now I’m asking you. Stay. Away. From. Her.”

 

“Wait… you guys are friends?!?” he repeated, dumbfounded by the idea that dorky little Insook and this firery, y (and violent…) goddess could even have anything in common, but she raised her eyebrows at him warningly and he just went “ok, ok!” raising his arms in the air, in compliance.

 

“Wait, what do you mean, you told her?” he asked, suddenly, reaching out to grab her shoulder as she’d turned away. She turned and looked at his hand on her shoulder and he quickly withdrew it.

 

“What did you tell her?” he went on, but she just turned her back to him and started walking towards the station.

 

“About the bet? Is that it?”

 

She glanced up at him but kept walking in sullen silence.

 

“Is that why… oh my god…” he stopped in his tracks, bringing a hand over his lips to cover his mouth.

 

Soonja spun around so fast her ponytail swung behind her.

 

“Oh don’t pretend that you care that you’ve hurt her now!” she snapped at him.

 

“Well what if I do, eh? I’m not COMPLETELY insensitive!” he retorted, offended, and she laughed sarcastically.

 

Rapmon looked down at the ground for a minute, pensively, and then said “… you can tell her I’m sorry…” in a quiet voice, “for what it’s worth…”

 

“What?!” snapped the teenage girl again, grabbing his shirt collar but then releasing him as she snapped, “you can tell her yourself.”

 

She walked three paces off but then spun back around and pointed a finger at him, “and if you ever mention this conversation to her, I’m gonna find you and give your face some more pretty colors, got it?” she warned.

 

“Got it…” he mumbled, as she walked off.

 

He just stared at her go, baffled, thinking ‘how can such a hot girl so ing crazy??’

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


eheheh... I REALLY liked writing this chapter!!
Did you like it?
Rapmon finally gets the smackdown! lol.

I'm sorry it's a bit short, but it didn't feel right including other things than just this scene in it... 
Next up will be BTS' big performance!
Stay tuned!