2cool 4skool

Look Here

 

 

 

The music stopped. The lights dimmed, and the crowd exploded into cheers.

 

“Give it up for B. T. SSSSSS.!!!” the MC screamed into his mic, and the three guys on stage, cheered, waved, and pumped their fists up, before exiting the stage.

 

Elated from their performance, the three boys made their way through the crowd, exchanging a few high-fives and handshakes with people on the way, towards the table that was reserved for them at the back of the club.

 

Suga, Rapmonster and J-Hope were a fast-rising sensation in the world of underground rapping, and tonight had been one of their best performances so far. If it wasn’t for a pesky little thing called high-school, which prevented them from devoting more attention to their craft, they probably would be signed to a label already.

 

“Waaaah! That was sweet!” exclaimed Rapmonster, sliding into their booth. He was a tall kid, with floppy white blonde hair, shaved on the sides, which was at the moment mostly hidden by a jeans-colored snapback on his head. He was their leader. Not by appointment, but because of the unspoken authority the boy always exuded. When Rapmon said something, you listened, and you obeyed. Nobody ever really thought of doing otherwise.

 

“We slayed.” agreed Suga, in a low voice, bumping fists with his bro. He was shorter, with a mop of redish hair that always fell into his eyes, which was also hidden under a black cap. He had an adorable childlike face  that was somewhat at odds with his low monotone voice, and the intensity with which he delivered his rap lines. Suga and Rapmon had met during their first year of high school and had quickly become close friends through their mutual liking of Hip Hop culture. Although just as talented and creative as his blonde friend, he was more of a laid-back kind of guy, and totally content letting Rapmon think he was running the show.

 

“Especially that second verse, man,” exclaimed J-Hope clapping his hands together and laughing like a little kid, “you killed it!!” The third boy also wore a snapback on his head, and had dark brown hair, almost black, the same color as his eyes. He was J-Hope. On stage, he was full of masculine passion and his body moved in a mesmerizing way; off-stage, he usually acted like a hyper-active teenage girl, and you’d rarely see him without a smile on his face. Although they all attended the same school, he’d only met the other two here at the club last year, and, after a few friendly battles, they had decided to form a unit.

 

Together, they were BTS.

 

“Hi Suga,”

 

Three heads looked up from the drinks menu to stare at a beautiful, very y girl, dressed in incredibly tight pants and a very tiny top. “You guys did good today” she said, to Rapmonster, and then turning back to Suga, she mouthed the words “call me,” and winked at him before leaving.

 

“Oooh, she likes you!” J-Hope elbowed his friend, who was already back to staring at the menu, looking kinda bored.

 

The redhead shrugged and said, “Been there. Done that,” without even looking up.

 

J-Hope and Rapmon exchanged a look of respectful surprise.

 

“Ooooooohh!!!” hooted the dark-haired boy, slapping his friend on the back, “Go Suga!” and was rewarded by a small side grin.

 

Rapmonster clucked his teeth and they both turned to look at him.

 

“Yeah, sure, she’s hot, but she’s a groupie. She’ll sleep with pretty much anyone holding a microphone” he said, waving a dismissive hand in the air.

 

“Wae!!” Suga smacked him with the menu and he laughed. “Like you can do better?”

 

“Of course I can” replied the blonde boy, cockily, winking at a waitress who was passing by. She smiled back at him. And then he gave Suga a pointed look. “I can get any girl I want.”

 

“Any girl?”

 

“Any girl.”

 

“Would you be willing to put money on that?” asked Suga.

 

“Sure, how much?” replied Rapmon, twirling a flyer between his fingers.

 

Suga paused to think, and then answered him, “100,000won.”

 

“Each” interjected J-Hope, “if you lose.”

 

“Fine. I won’t lose.”

 

***

 

On Friday morning, Insook and Soonja were walking to school together, like they had nearly every single day for the past 8 years. When she was in 3rd grade, Insook’s family had moved into the house next to Soonja’s and the two had become inseparable ever since. Well, that is, until high school. Insook went to a good private school, several subway stops away, while Soonja (whose family wasn’t very affluent) went to the local high school, which was only about a 15 minutes’ walk from their house. However, since the subway station was in the same direction as Soonja’s school, they weren’t about to let a small thing like going to different schools change their tradition of leaving together every morning.

 

Insook was a short, chubby girl, with chubby round little cheeks. She was a high school senior but was still often mistaken for a middle-schooler, which irritated her to no end. By comparison, Soonja looked much older, though they were the same age. She might as well have been the elder though, since she was often finding herself having to pull Insook out of sticky situations. To put it simply, Soonja was beautiful. She was everything Insook was not : tall, strong, and confident. Insook would’ve hated her if she didn’t know what a good heart her friend really had. They made quite an odd pair, walking together down the street in their different uniforms, but they didn’t care. They were best friends.

 

They said their goodbyes at the subway station, promising to text each other later, and parted ways.

 

A little while later, Insook walked into her school and headed to her locker. As she was busy switching her books and taking what she needed for her morning classes, she saw Rapmonster walk past her to join his two usual cronies.

 

‘God, he’s so fine…’ she caught herself thinking, staring at the way his hips moved as he walked. She blinked, returning to the task at hand. She knew her crush on one of the school’s most popular boys was unrequited, one-way, and never gonna happen. Nevermind that at least half the female student body also had a crush on him, but guys like Kim Nam Joon, did not date girls like her. Hot popular guys did not date invisible, unpopular, fatties.

 

Actually, she really wanted to hate him. She pretty much despised everything he stood for (everyone knew he had slept his way around most of the senior class; and a good chunk of the junior class, too…) but she couldn’t quite control how her heart would just start beating a little faster when she looked up at that dimpled face and his y, smoldering black eyes.

 

Sighing, she closed her locker and headed for class.

 

***

 

Rapmon did not walk into school. He strutted; Every step placed in front of the other with a purpose: that of cementing his place as the coolest guy in the school. He knew it, they knew it, but it didn’t hurt to remind the masses every now and then; or so he thought.

 

He spotted his friends Suga and J-hope, at the end of the hallway and headed over to them.

 

“Wussup, man?” he greeted them, exchanging fist bumps and little bro hugs.

 

 

“We found your girl” said J-hope, looking like he was about to break into giggles.

 

“My girl?”

 

“Last night’s bet. Did you forget already?” asked Suga, “or are you chickening out?” he added, with a raised eyebrow.

 

“No way man!” the blonde guy shook his head. “So who’s your candidate?”

 

Suga bodily turned him around, holding him by the shoulders, and J-Hope pointed.

 

“You’re kidding, right?” Rapmon’s smile dropped.

 

They were pointing to a girl across the hallway – and there could be no mistake as to who they meant since she was standing there completely alone – who was busy shouldering her backpack and closing her locker. She was short, a little on the chunky side, hair gathered in a lazy ponytail, with no make-up… utterly unremarkable, and definitely not what you’d call a hottie.

 

“Nope” answered Suga, lips pressed together, trying to contain his laughter.

 

 “Come on, guys, that’s not even a challenge!”

 

“Ooh, but that’s where you’re wrong, my friend” said Hoseok, placing a hand on his shoulder “geeks aren’t as easy as you think.”

 

He looked to Suga who nodded, adding “she’ll see you coming a mile away” with a wide slit of a smile.

 

He turned back to look at the girl who was walking away as the bell rang.

 

“Pffftt… you’re on.”

 

***

 

Insook was the first person to walk into art class. The class was a large open space that contained a dozen round tables big enough to sit 4 people each. Seats had been assigned at the beginning of the year, and you weren’t allowed to switch after that. She didn’t have any friends in this class. In fact, she didn’t have very many friends at this school at all. She did have a few people she was on friendly terms with, which she’d eat with at lunchtime in the cafeteria, but no one like Soonja, whom she could tell everything to, so school was usually pretty boring for her. It was pretty much just in and out, every day; and she wasn’t part of any after school club either.

 

Slowly, the class filled up and then the bell rang and the teacher started explaining the new project. Although she wasn’t that good at it, she rather liked art, so she tried to pay attention to what the teacher was saying, which was kinda hard with the two idiots at her table who kept whispering and bursting into giggles every 5 seconds. She tried giving them her “annoyed” look a few times but they were completely oblivious to her, looking at a video on one of the boys’ phone under the table.

 

The two boys in question were called Jimin and Jungkook.  It was still early in the year so she didn’t know either of them very well. All she knew was that they were both in the drama club and they were really childish. Another reason she didn’t know much about them was because they were all younger than her. Jimin was 17 and a 2nd year student, and Jungkook was in 1st year of high school and only 16. She wasn’t the only senior in this class, but electives often had mixed levels of students together, so it wasn’t unusual to be paired up with younger students.

 

Once the teacher left them free to start, she got up to gather some materials and bring them back to her table. She placed a strange glass object at the center of the table, and the clunking noise made one of the boys’ head snap up.

 

“Oh, what’s that? What are we supposed to be doing?” he asked her, looking around and realizing everyone had started working already.

 

Park Jimin had brown hair and a cute friendly face. She knew a lot of girls fancied him because he was supposedly hiding a fantastic body under his oversized cardigan, but he wasn’t really her type. She wanted to be mad at him and let them pay the price for not having paid attention, but he looked like a five years old when he smiled, his eyes crinkling and his chubby cheeks just asking to be pinched, and she couldn’t make herself do so.

 

“Insook-sshi, come on…” begged Jungkook. The younger of the pair was also incredibly cute, though unlike his friend, she didn’t believe he was as innocent as he seemed. He had black wavy hair that was a tad longer than what the school rules usually allowed for boys, and had great big black eyes that gave him a really innocent look. Everywhere he went, people always coddled him and wanted to baby him, and he seemed to revel in the attention, especially when it came from older noonas.

 

“That’s Insook-Sunbae to you,” she retorted, snottily, “and we’re supposed to draw that with coal.” she added, pointing to the abstract statue in the middle of the table.

 

“Thanks, Insook-Sunbae,” he flashed her a mega-watt smile before getting up from his seat to get some coal from the supply closet.

 

“Jungookie!! Wait for meee!” whined Jimin, bolting after him.

 

She shook her head. ‘I swear Jimin has some sort of man-crush on that boy...’

 

***

 

At lunchtime, Jimin and Jungkook were sitting at their usual table with the rest of the drama club kids. The older boy kept trying to feed some of his lunch to Jungkook, who was having none of it, turning his head away and making a disgusted face. As he turned his head for the umpteenth time, he saw BTS walk into the cafeteria and take a table nearby. He couldn’t help staring, unable to understand how it was that these seniors looked so cool, when they were all wearing the same uniform he did.

 

“Wahh, these hyungs are cool…” he said, his voice full of admiration, as he watched some very pretty girls come and sit down with them.

 

Jimin laughed, “Kookie, are you a fanboy? I can introduce you, if you want.”

 

“Really?” the younger’s head snapped back to look at Jimin in wonder.

 

“Jimin is friends with Rapmonster” said one of the kids who was sitting nearby, without looking up from his food, and the manga he was reading. The boy was Kim Tae Hyung, but everyone just called him “V”. He was an unusual boy, with ashy blonde hair, styled in a choppy bowl-cut that should’ve looked ridiculous but somehow suited him quite well. He was in the same year as Jungkook, although a few months older, and he lived in his own little world. He was really respected in the drama club though, because he was an incredibly talented actor. He was a usually cheerful boy, but was prone to weird mood-swings and would sometime shut himself up in his head and get really quiet, like now. No one usually minded it too much though since they were used to V’s 4D ways.

 

“Wae, why you say it like that?” said Jimin, “So are you!”

 

Jungkook watched the scene with interest but V only turned the page in his manga and still didn’t look up.

 

“No way man, he hasn’t talked to me since he started high school.” He said in a disinterested voice, “anyways, I don’t care.”

 

“Wow, you guys really know him? You’re not making it up??” Jungkook’s eyes had gotten even bigger, and Jimin nodded, smiling at him.

 

“Daebak! I heard BTS’s performances are really cool!” went on the youngest, while everyone else chuckled quietly.

 

“I can take you next time, if you want,” said Jimin, happily.

 

“Yeah!!!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Soooooooo??? What do you think?? I am so excited to be writing about the boys again!! I hope you guys like this story as much as the last one! because I promise you, it's gonna be even better!!! *jumps around the room*