Stolen Love

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

 

“1099 we have a robbery in progress. All available units needed at SM Bank.”

The officer looked at her radio and swore slightly, “Why does this always happen right as my shift is about to end?”

Flipping the switch for her lights and siren, the officer sped off to SM Bank. She was across town when the call came in so it wasn’t a surprise when she pulled up to a scene of 5 other cop cars. Sighing, the officer got out of her car walking up to a familiar face, “Hey Yuri.”

The officer flipped down her shades and smiled, “Aww Taeyeon you missed all the action! The robbers sped off just a few seconds ago.”

Taeyeon tilt her head, “So why are the cars here and I didn’t hear it on my radio?”

“Well you walked up just as the call went out and I the rest of us are here on clean-up duty because we also arrived late.” The woman eyed the girl up and down, “Were you undercover?”

“I did a stakeout and my backup just came. I was going to go home.”

Yuri patted her friend on the shoulder, “Go home. If the chief comes and finds you, you will be looking at another 4 hours.”

Taeyeon gave her friend a sad smile, “Then you didn’t see me.”

“Oh hey if you want to get a drink with me later?”

“The usual place?”

Yuri smiled, “yep. I’ll text you when my shift is done.”

Taeyeon waved her friend off and left for home to shower and take a nap. When she woke up, Taeyeon felt famished and too lazy to cook so she went to the bar early to get a bite to eat.

Sitting at the counter, Taeyeon ordered a sandwich and a beer before another woman sat down next to Taeyeon.

“That looks good.”

Surprised, Taeyeon looked over to see a bombshell blonde eyeing out her sandwich, “y-yea…”

The girl giggled wiping off some sauce on Taeyeon’s face, “You must be hungry.”

Taeyeon nodded her head.

The girl gave Taeyeon a huge smile and pulled out $100, “Have a good meal.”

Taeyeon quickly turned around, “C-can I have your number?”

The girl smiled back, “I think you can find me on your own officer Kim.”

Taeyeon furrowed her brows wondering how the woman knew her but she was gone out the door in the flash and Yuri materialized next to her.

“Hey buddy you look like you saw a ghost.”

Taeyeon looked back at the money on the counter with a smudge of blue on the edges, “A really pretty girl just left…she apparently knew me and paid for my dinner?”

“It sounds like you hit the jackpot! Did you get her number?”

Taeyeon shook her head and handed Yuri the money, “She just left this.”

Yuri examined the money, “Wow $100 is a lot.”

Taeyeon sipped her beer, “Humm, how was the case?”

“The robbers got away. Found out it was the Jungs again. That family has robbed like 10 banks now! You should remember…I think you were on at first bank they robbed.”

Taeyeon snatched the bank note from Yuri, “…”

 

●◉◎◈◎◉●●◉◎◈◎◉●●◉◎◈◎◉●

Taeyeon had been mulling over the recent bank robbery the past week. She felt stupid for not following up on the case and the infamous Jung family. Although she was removed from the case, she asked Yuri for the files so she could examine the situation better.

“Jung family associates include Min-hee, mother, Jong-yoo, father, Soo-yeon, eldest daughter, and Soo-jung, youngest daughter. It is believed that the team of 4 have robbed 4 banks in the United States before coming to Korea to rob 2 more banks. Little is known of the family and…”

Taeyeon closed the file to ruffle around to find the pictures of the group, “They are always wearing sunglasses but there is no doubt…that was Jessica at the bar.” Slamming her head on the desk Taeyeon couldn’t believe her stupidity.

“You okay Tae?”

Taeyeon looked over to see Yuri next to her, “I feel so stupid.”

“Anyone could make that mistake. Don’t beat yourself up about it. We will get them next time, plus they never hurt anyone during the robberies so stealing some money…I don’t think it is such a big deal if they do it again.”

Taeyeon threw her head back before getting up, “I am going to the bar. Want to come?”

Yuri shook her head, “I have another case to work on. Also you should go home and rest. I don’t think she will go back to that bar again if that is what you are thinking.”

Taeyeon gave her friend a sheepish smile before heading off to the bar and drink her sorrows away. With Taeyeon being a light weight, it didn’t take long before Taeyeon became inebriated, which just meant she started doodling on napkins and calling herself an idiot, which garnered the attention of another patron.

“You look like you had a hard day.”

Taeyeon didn’t look up, even when the woman sat down next to her, “Hard week.”

The girl was interested so she leaned forward, “What happened?”

“I am a bad cop. I let a criminal get away.”

“Maybe you wanted her to get away?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “No. I am a good cop. I arrest those that break the law.”

The girl reached forward and took Taeyeon’s hand to whisper in her ear, “I like bad cops more.”

Taeyeon felt the hot breath on her ear causing chills to go up her spine. That sultry voice was making her feel even more intoxicated and mind fuzzy.

The woman slipped a $100 bill with a lipstick mark on in front of Taeyeon, “I know you will come find me Officer Kim.”

With that, Taeyeon jumped up, but the rush to her head was nearly too much causing her to fall backwards. Luckily, the woman caught her and Taeyeon looked Jessica Jung in the eyes, “y-you.”

The girl smirked at her before leaning in and giving Taeyeon a kiss on the cheek, “let me know if you want to be the bad cop. Being good is no fun.”

Taeyeon fumbled out of Jessica’s arms to reach back and get her badge, “No no I need to arrest you.”

Jessica smiled as she easily pushed Taeyeon back into her seat, “Now now you are in no condition officer. This would be more fun if you were sober.”

Taeyeon didn’t know why her limbs ceased to work in that moment, but yet again she watched the girl walk away.

●◉◎◈◎◉●●◉◎◈◎◉●●◉◎◈◎◉●

Taeyeon pulled up to the bank surrounded by police. Yuri was the first to find her, “We got them Tae! The bank is surrounded and the Jungs are inside.”

Taeyeon couldn’t believe what she was hearing, “They are usually gone by the time we get here.”

“I know! But our luck has come, and we got a tip this bank would be the next target.”

Taeyeon was still surprised that the Jungs would get trapped like this. She wondered who could have known and given such a precious tip like this.

“Taeyeon why don’t you take the alleyway. We have a few officers there already but we want every inch of this bank to have an officer.”

“Roger that officer Kwon.” Taeyeon winked at her friend before heading over the alleyway. She saw a few officers there already and greeted them as she took her position. Taeyeon wanted to be in the action like Yuri who was leading the case but Taeyeon knew these kinds of jobs were important too.

“Officers needed near the back. Choi and Yu.”

Taeyeon looked around as the other two officers ran off to the back leaving Taeyeon alone. Not thinking much about it, Taeyeon leaned against the one wall still watching the bank. It was quiet but then Taeyeon saw the vent near the base of the building shake. Curious, Taeyeon stepped forward towards the vent but quickly pulled out her gun when the vent fell open. Pointing at the open vent Taeyeon shouted, “Come out with your hands up!”

Slowly the person crawled out of the vent with their hands up.

“Slowly. Come out slowly and let me see your hands.”

The person came out with a mask on and a bag that Taeyeon assumed was cash.

“Good, good. Throw the bag over there.”

The person did as Taeyeon said and said, “Lucky me.”

Taeyeon knew that voice.

The person pulled off her mask revealing it was Jessica, “Nice to see you again officer Kim.”

Taeyeon could feel her arms shake as she held the gun towards Jessica, “Y-you are under arrest.”

Jessica gave Taeyeon a cheshire grin, “Oh aren’t you cute.”

“I am not joking. Turn around…”

Jessica took a step closer.

“Stay right there!”

“You said you would arrest me? Shouldn’t I come closer for you to put your cuffs on me?”

Taeyeon had no idea why that sounded , “I will come to you. J-just stay there.” Taking a few steps closer, Taeyeon don’t know why she had a hard time getting the cuffs out of her belt.

“Officer Kim I have a better idea with your cuffs.”

Taeyeon looked up to see Jessica was suddenly so close to her that she could feel her hot breath on her face.

“How would you like to be a bad cop and use those cuffs at my place.”

Taeyeon felt her whole face heat up, “w-what?”

Jessica smiled as she leaned in without hesitation to kiss Taeyeon, “I will be waiting for you tonight.”

Taeyeon kept her eyes closed for a second trying to savor the taste of her kiss even though Jessica already backed away to take her bag of cash.

“Meet me at our usual place.”

Taeyeon felt stupid as she just stood there watching Jessica take advantage of her.

“You can thank me then for the wonderful tip. I knew it was worth it to see you again.” Jessica winked before running off.

Taeyeon swallowed hard understanding why cops can get corrupted so easily.

~END~