Temptation

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

“Ugh there they are being all perfect and lovey-dovey. Just cause they are the school sweethearts and most popular girls in school...they don’t need to be all over each other.” Yuri said to her much shorter friend who was also watching the scene at hand, but unlike her friend who was totally grossed out at such a perfect pairing, the short girl gave a smirk.

Wiping her tongue over her lip ring the girl glared sinisterly, “I bet this is all for show. Being perfect is so boring. I bet one of them is looking for a bit of spice in their life if you know what I mean.”

Yuri rolled her eyes, “you really are a player Taeng. Just cause all the girls come crawling to you doesn’t mean everyone wants trash like you.”

“What? I am not trash!” Taeyeon looked down at her Marc Jacob’s graphic Tee,  Escada black skinny jeans and her custom Chucks; an ensemble that was worth over $5,000. Not to mention the 7 studs in her ears that were $10,000 or so...clearly not trashy since her parents only showed love in form of money.

Yuri swiped her fingers through her rich brown hair, “You are trash. Can’t keep a steady partner and I am sure you slept with the whole female population of our school...”

“No. I haven’t touched the two prissy ones there.” Taeyeon pointed at the girls who were still doing various cute acts while eating lunch together.

Yuri looked at her friend who was ready to light up her cigarette, “Sounds like we might have a little wager?” Taking the stick out of Taeyeon’s mouth she breathed in the smoke, “What do you say?”

Taeyeon took the smoke from Yuri, “I take it you bet I can’t get with one of the girls while I think I can?”

“Of course. Stakes?”

Taeyeon rubbed her chin, “Well if I get with one, that is already a reward...but a little cherry on top would be nice...”

“So what you want from me?”

“Loser shaves their head?”

Yuri laughed, “We could just wear a wig or whatever. Let’s do something more life changing.”

“Life changing? Like what?”

“If I win, get me with your cousin Hwang.”

Taeyeon gasped, “No ing way you are touching my precious cousin!”

“Don’t tell me you have the hots for her too Taeng? Your own cousin?”

“NO! She is just not to be tainted by you!”

“A bet is a bet! Unless you think you don’t have enough game for little miss perfect?”

Taeyeon gritted her teeth, “Fine. Then if I win you can’t ever go near her. No texting, seeing or flirting in any way or form!”

“So you want this in writing with our blood signature or something?” Yuri looked at the cigarette that was close to being done.

“We are both understanding people...”

“Never mind. I will get something written up and you will sign and such tomorrow. I don’t trust you.” Yuri glared at her friend.

Taeyeon shrugged as she slid off the hood of her Lamborghini, “Do what you want.”

Yuri grabbed Taeyeon who was going towards the direction of the girls, “What are you doing?”

“You never said I couldn’t start today?” Taeyeon smirked at her friend.

Releasing Taeyeon, “Fine. I doubt anything will actually happen before a contract gets finished. If you get shot down today maybe you will realize I am right and back out before the betting gets going.”

Taeyeon laughed, “Just watch. Whichever one turns their head, will be my target. I already have my eyes on who I think is into something more freaky than cuddle dates.”

Yuri leaned on the girl’s expensive car while she watched Taeyeon from afar. Taeyeon was very beautiful with her amber-blonde hair and white skin that would make anyone want to jump her but not only did she have looks, she was known for her confidence and money. That confidence showed through the way she made it appear she owned the whole school yard as heads turned to her while she cross by the school gates as if she was some kind of celebrity. Even Yuri would admit that the way those jeans hugged her was enough to make her a bit wet.

When Taeyeon approached the girls having an innocent lunch date, Yuri laughed as she saw Taeyeon do her signature pickup move. Taeyeon would carefully make sure something ‘accidentally’ fell out of her pocket and she would stop to pick it up...really simple yet effective since Taeyeon would lock her eyes on the one she was interested in. It was obvious the blonde was her intended target yet the blonde ignored her to focus on the black haired girlfriend and their date. However, as Taeyeon made her way into the school, curious eyes wandered back. Yuri couldn’t help but laugh and send Taeyeon a text, “What is it with you and blondes?”

With her phone beeping, Yuri nearly fell over in laughter as she read, “No one who is blonde wants to play it safe.”

----------------------------

Although Taeyeon and Yuri could afford to go to exclusive and expensive restaurants, the two girls still found enjoyment of eating a simple burger at a fast food chain. Thus Yuri was on her second burger as Taeyeon munched on her fries, “So what you going to do to get the blonde?”

Taeyeon looked up from her phone, “Nothing special.”

“Nothing? If she didn’t take notice before, then what makes you think she will suddenly now?”

Taeyeon laughed when she noticed her friend had ketchup smeared on her face, but she didn’t bother to tell the girl, “Yuri my appeal is being dark and mysterious.”

Yuri nearly spit out her burger in laughter, “You are not. You are ignored by your parents so you fill that void with lots and lots of women.”

Taeyeon threw a fry at her friend, “So what if I do? Like I said, no fun in being good all the time. At least I am experienced and can show my ladies a good time.”

Yuri leaned back in her chair, “Ok well I look forward to the show.”

The door of the burger joint opened and in walked the awaited target, “Get ready then cause it is show time.” Yuri looked in the direction Taeyeon was gazing and saw the couple who entered. Taeyeon of course took her empty cup and went to the refreshments area to fill it up but the girl made sure to fill it all the way to the top before putting on the lid again. Careful to not spill on herself, Taeyeon walked carefully well until she quickly turned and spilled the whole drink on the black haired girl.

“Yoona! Are you ok?”

Taeyeon fake gasped, “Omo...how unfortunate.”

The blonde tried to wipe the liquid off a bit but the black haired girl just smiled at Taeyeon, “I am sure it was an accident. Sorry I spilled your drink.”

Taeyeon gave the girl a crooked smile, “Doesn’t matter.” Then she turned her attention to the blonde and gave her a quick wink before leaving and joining Yuri back at the table.

“Smooth Tae real smooth.”

Taeyeon grabbed a napkin to wipe her hands, “Was the wink too much?”

Yuri looked over to the couple that was still cleaning up the spill, “Maybe. She looked confused.”

“That is the whole point Yuri. Now she will spend her days and nights wondering why I winked. It is called a hook.”

“Ok well we will see if that hook of yours holds up tomorrow.”

Taeyeon stole Yuri’s drink, “It will.”

----------------------------------

Yuri groaned as she was forced to watch jocks trying to throw the ball down the court and bump their sweaty skin against one another, “Why are we watching this! We are too cool to be here!”

Taeyeon was still leaning forward watching a particular cheerleader, “Isn’t it obvious?”

Yuri saw the target on the floor, “Mmm now that you mention it, those skirts might make this a little enjoyable.”

Taeyeon her lip ring a bit before standing up, “Come on. Let’s get closer.”

Yuri didn’t seem to have a choice as Taeyeon was already near the 3rd set of bleachers. She wanted to stay near the top so others wouldn’t know that they were at a typical social gathering of students but Taeyeon thought the opposite, “You know this is your bet. I don’t need to be dragged around too.”

Taeyeon glared at a few students who quickly moved to make room for the girls, “you go where I go.” The two girls were now seated right next to the cheerleader resting spot. At the moment the girls were giving the halftime show so Taeyeon kept her eyes glued to the target as she shook around her pompoms however she groaned when she saw the ever so present girlfriend on the other side of her bench.

When the halftime show ended, the blonde took a seat near her girlfriend obviously to exchange some words, but Taeyeon was not to be ignored. Pushing students out of the way, Taeyeon got closer and closer, “Hey there.”

Both the black and blonde haired girls turned to see Taeyeon, “Oh! You spilled your drink from earlier?”

Taeyeon smiled at the black haired girl but ignored her completely to focus on the blonde, “how you doing gorgous? You didn’t introduce yourself last time.”

The blonde glared at Taeyeon who was obviously flirting with her in front of her girlfriend, “You didn’t either. You just spilled your drink on MY girlfriend before walking away.”

Taeyeon laughed while the black haired girl tried to calm her girlfriend down, “Sica...it was just an accident.”

The blonde shrugged her girlfriend’s hand away, “She should have had the decency to apologize.”

“Sica? Huh...unusual name.” Taeyeon kept her smug grin.

“It is Jessica to you...”

“Taeyeon. You should remember that name.”

“Why is that?”

“Because I have my eyes on you?” Raised that cocky eyebrow of hers.

Jessica raised her eyes in disbelief, “What does that mean?”

“You are pretty. Why wouldn’t my eyes be on you?”

“Maybe you should put your eyes somewhere else.”

Standing up Taeyeon shoved her hands in her pocket, “See you around Jessica.” Meeting up with Yuri near the door, “I am having so much fun already.”

Yuri leaned up near the bleachers to watch the blonde and black haired couple talking. Jessica was clearly mad and fuming while the other girl just was coxing her, “Looks like you made her angry.”

“Just shows how much she wants me.”

Yuri rolled her eyes, “I am pretty sure she is angry that the girlfriend just watched in shock. You may have had your eyes on the pretty blonde the whole time but I was watching the girlfriend and you rendered her speechless.”

“All the better. The girlfriend is going to take a backseat while I charm the hell out of Jessica.”

“Still waiting to see that happen.” Yuri pulled out a pack of smokes after exiting the gym to the parking lot.

“Next time Jessica will come find me.”

Yuri passed off the cigarette to her friend swinging her keys, “Only to give you a piece of her mind I am sure.”

“She will still find me though.”

-------------------------------

Yuri watched in disbelief as the blonde and Taeyeon were face to face once again. The two best friends were fooling around at lunch time trying to put their peas through a goal with their hands while an angry blonde slammed her hands on the table. Giving Yuri a heart attack while Taeyeon played the whole scene as if she was expecting it to happen, “I don’t know what you are planning Taeyeon but I am warning you to stay away.”

Taeyeon raked her fingers through her hair which was just another seduction tactic the girl liked to use, “Planning?”

“Don’t pretend. I asked around about you and...”

“You asked about me?” Taeyeon said smirking with amusement, “if you want to know more about me babe you can just ask.”

Jessica glared at Taeyeon with the name babe, “I know you are a player and a cocky who thinks she can have whatever she wants with her parent’s money. I am warning you now that I am not one of your girls. I am taken.”

Taeyeon leaned on her hands, “So that little doe was your girlfriend?”

“Yoona. Yes. So stay away.”

Locking her eyes with Jessica, “Let me ask you something Jessica, does Yoona please you? ually?”

“O-of course she is my girlfriend and I love her.”

“Humm...” Taeyeon nodded, “She looks innocent. I bet you two haven’t even done it.”

Jessica shook her head, “Does it matter if we did it or not? It isn’t your business!”

Yuri watched as Taeyeon gave her a look saying I have her hooked making Yuri roll her eyes and cry silently that Tiffany might not be in her reach, “If you want to know what passion is like, to experience it at least once, you can always come find me.”

Jessica scoffed, “I would never throw away my love for a cheap thrill.”

“Oh yea?” Taeyeon questioned.

“I am sure.” Jessica said before stomping away.

Yuri started laughing after Jessica left, “I thought you were going to do this subtly but you just went out and told her that you want to her!”

Taeyeon shrugged, “I told you before blondes don’t to play it safe. So far she has been eating too many Sweettarts but I think it is time she threw in a Fireball into the mix. She knows it is going to burn like hell but the sting of cinnamon is ever so stimulating.”

-------------------------------

As the rest of the week passed, Yuri noticed a few things going on. First, was that Taeyeon seemed to have upped her wardrobe to y. Taeyeon still liked the badass looks with darker colors but the cut on the tops were getting lower, the pants tighter and the makeup had much more shadow. Second, was that Taeyeon was almost being stalkerish. She found out everything Jessica did down to her schedule and made appearances around the girl often. Yuri would see Jessica give Taeyeon the infamous eyeroll every time but Taeyeon kept her cockiness at an all-time high with that grin. Third was that Jessica and Yoona’s cheesiness was in a cold war or something like that. It was now very rare to see the couple do any public display of affection especially if Taeyeon was around watching.

“No that club has the world’s ugliest chicks! Don’t tell me you are that desperate Yul!” Taeyeon laughed.

Yuri nearly shoved Taeyeon off the hood of the car, “It has good music!”

“Oh please...who really goes to clubs for music?” Taeyeon stubbed her cigarette on the hood of Yuri’s car.

“Yah! You are going to leave burn marks!”

Taeyeon only laughed at her friend getting angry, “Oh please. Just buy a new one. Already two years old it is time for a new one.”

However the childish squandering was disturbed by a blonde standing near the car, “Kim Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon turned to see Jessica standing there, “Well hello beautiful.”

With her arms crossed, Jessica stood defiantly, “Can we talk like in private...um private private?”

Yuri didn’t need to be told twice, “No more burn marks on my car Tae!”

Taeyeon caught the keys Yuri threw at her, “No promises!” Turning her attention back to the blonde, Taeyeon hopped off the car, “I take it we should go somewhere quieter than school?”

Jessica hesitated before going into the convertible but seeing as Taeyeon was buckled and roaring the engine, Jessica got into the passenger, “Don’t go far. It will be quick.”

Taeyeon raised her brow before backing up and leaving the school grounds.

“Taeyeon you need to...” Jessica started.

“Wait. We can talk when we park.”

“But...”

“Shhh...” Taeyeon reached to put her fingers on Jessica’s lips, “Not safe to distract the driver.”

----------------------------

Yuri was playing on her phone while mumbling how much Taeyeon was a for leaving her stranded at school, “Hey umm Yuri?”

Yuri looked up to see the black haired girlfriend of Taeyeon’s target, “Yea?”

The innocent girl was biting her lip cutely, “Did I just see your friend go off with Jessica?”

Yuri looked at the empty car spot, “They just left.”

“Do you know where they went?”

Yuri shrugged, “Jessica said they needed to talk or whatever.  My friend ditched me until they come back.”

The girl sat down next to Yuri, “I am Yoona by the way.”

“Yea I know,” Yuri said without taking her eyes off her phone, “You and Jessica are popular around here.”

Yoona laughed, “I guess.”

Yuri looked up at the girl, “You guess? It should be obvious since you two are very pretty.”

“Oh I don’t know. You and your friend are also very pretty.”

Yuri smirked, “Oh yea?”

Yoona looked down at her hands, “Maybe not as beautiful as my Jessica but very pretty still.”

Yuri pocketed her phone to put her attention on the innocent girl, “I didn’t know you were looking at us.”

Yoona laughed, “Hard not to. Your friend has been near my girlfriend a lot lately.”

Yuri shrugged, “I don’t know what she is doing most of the time.”

“Jessica used to always smile at me first when she left the classroom but now I see her give your friend an evil stare before seeing me...”

Yuri noticed how the girl sounded defeated, “Ummm...well if it makes you feel better, my friend always ignores me around pretty girls.”

Yoona gave Yuri a half smile but Yuri knew that the girl was having doubts in the relationship cause of Taeyeon’s presence.

The roaring of a Mustang rumbled near the girls causing the two to look up and see Taeyeon and Jessica getting out of the car. Both Taeyeon and Jessica straightened out their clothes and avoided eye contact as they went out and towards Yoona and Yuri.

Yoona immediately got up to give her girlfriend a hug, “Sica! Where did you go?”

Jessica cleared before looking back at Taeyeon once, “Just needed to talk. We should go home.”

Yoona took Jessica’s bag and left to find their car while Taeyeon walked up confidently towards Yuri, “So? What happened?”

Taeyeon stayed smiling as she walked up and grabbed Yuri’s face to force her tongue into causing Yuri to push back, “What the ?”

Taeyeon started laughing, “How did it taste?”

Yuri looked at her confused, “What?”

“Doesn’t it taste like victory?”

Yuri her lips to a slightly tangy flavor, “You ! Did you just make me taste Jessica’s ?”

Taeyeon almost fell over in laughter, “Of course loser!”

Yuri violently rubbed her tongue, “You are ing gross!”

Taeyeon patted her friend on the back, “Oh please. You still love me. Everyone likes a bad girl.”

Yuri glared at Taeyeon, “You are the worst.”

“A bet is a bet Yuri. No more Tiffany.” Taeyeon said as she walked Yuri back to the car.

Yuri groaned seeing a wet spot on her seat, “ing gross...” Looking up to sigh, Yuri’s eyes saw the sweet couple enter their car, “maybe I am not interested in Tiffany anymore...”

Taeyeon laughed, “Please...I know you like her .”

Yuri the car, “I don’t know. I seem to be craving something sweet today.”

 

 

~END~ 

 

 

 


Author's Note

I am sure most of you know badass Taeyeon is my favorite character to write and read. Just so hot hot hot!