Anchored

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

A/N: I know this is a Taengsic thread so I will say there is a lot of Taeny in the begining but I think at the end you will understand why I chose this thread to add the story in. Happy readings!

 

 

 

 

Tiffany checked her watch several times. She thought it was already a bad idea that her best friend Sunny was setting her up on a date with one of her friends but her short friend was very adamant about setting the two up. Saying it was a favor of a lifetime but Tiffany often wondered why she never heard much about this friend of hers, “Hey sorry! Am I too late?”

Tiffany turned around and smiled to greet her date, “You must be Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “Yes and Tiffany? Sunny told me a lot about you.”

“I actually didn’t know much about how you two?”

Taeyeon laughed, “I am not surprised actually. We are more like new friends cause of work and all. I just moved to the area.”

“Oh that makes sense.”

Taeyeon browsed the menu as she talked, “She told me you were college friends?”

Tiffany gave her a huge smile, “Yes. We had the same major so we naturally came together.”

Taeyeon closed the menu, “Really? So you do consulting work too?”

“No not really. Sunny changed her career to that and I just stuck in our intended field to get my graduate degree in Social Work.”

“Oh wow that is a difficult job...” Taeyeon sat forward in anticipation but as Tiffany was to go into the details she had about her job, the waiter came for their order. After the food and drinks were ordered, the girls went into their jobs and how they came to the city. However, once the food was gone and the chit chat was going to get more personal, Taeyeon looked down at her phone, “Oh it is nearly 10pm.”

Tiffany also looked at her phone for the time, “Oh I guess it is.”

Taeyeon stood up, “I am sorry to leave so suddenly but I only hired the babysitter till 10:30pm.”

Tiffany also stood up suddenly, “Oh umm I didn’t know you had a...”

“Daughter. She turned 4 just last month.” Taeyeon smiled brightly, “Anyway...umm it was really nice meeting you Tiffany. Could I possibly ask for another date?”

Tiffany blushed at Taeyeon’s forwardness, “Umm of course. I would love to hear more about your exciting consulting career and daughter.”

Taeyeon handed Tiffany her phone, “I hope you don’t mind me asking you for your number?”

Tiffany smiled as she punched in her number and rang in her phone, “No problem. You should probably leave to get home in time.”

Taeyeon nodded before taking her purse to leave but when she was to leave, she quickly turned to kiss Tiffany on the cheek, “See you later.”

Tiffany turned beat red from the intimate gesture and stalled for several seconds before also talking her purse to leave.

-----------------------------

“Fany Fany Fany!”

Tiffany cringed at the very enthusiastic friend approaching, “It is bad enough you are making me get morning coffee with you on a Saturday but what is with the yelling?”

Sunny took a seat across from her friend before smelling the coffee, “Oh you got me my favorite.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes, “I have been friends with you how long?”

Sunny shrugged, “With our age I tend to forget things.”

Tiffany giggled as she took small sips from her mug.

“Sooo? Are you going to keep me hanging? How was last night?”

Tiffany started blushing with just the thought of the other girl, “Good. She seems nice.”

Sunny moved her cup to the side to lean forward, “Oh just admit it that I set you up with a total catch! She is super funny, nice and not to mention very beautiful!”

“I bet if you weren’t practically engaged you would have snagged Taeyeon first?”

Sunny laughed, “I like my soulmate to be a bit taller than me so when I can’t reach things, she can.”

Tiffany nearly fell on the floor laughing, “So you admit your height is dangerously low!”

Sunny reached across the small table to smack Tiffany, “Shut up! So give me the details?”

Tiffany rubbed her chin, “Just a normal date. Small talk mostly about work but she left a bit early cause of her daughter.”

Sunny raised her brows, “Daughter...sorry I forgot to mention that...”

Tiffany waved her hand, “Don’t worry about it. I am sure she is a total sweetheart like her mom but do you mind me asking about the father?”

Sunny waved her hand, “I can tell you it wasn’t a he but a she. Taeyeon told me she was married before but she never keeps on the topic.”

Tiffany furrowed her brows and looked at the brown liquid in her cup, “I see...”

Sunny laughed and patted her friend on the arm to cheer her up, “Don’t worry about it though. I knew Taeyeon was single since she moved to this city.”

Tiffany looked up, “But still not wanting to talk about it means...”

“Look Tiffany, I know you will over analyze this but just take things with Taeyeon one step at a time like any other relationship. I am sure the more you get to know each other things like past relationships are bound to come to life.”

Tiffany nodded, “Yea ok. One step at a time.”

Sunny smiled, “So speaking of which, we are going to have a welcome party for her after work Wednesday. You should come.”

“Isn’t that just for your work?”

“Work and friends. I am inviting you as a friend.”

“Won’t Soo get jealous?”

Sunny waved her hand, “She is working overtime at the hospital this week. She hardly knows if I am in the same bed as her at night. Overtime makes her turn into a zombie.”

Tiffany smiled, “Ok. I will be there.” However she chose to keep the notion of her stomach fluttering with excitement from Sunny.

-------------------------

Tiffany cringed at the loud noise due to the live band in the bar. If it was this noisy she wouldn’t have much opportunity to talk to Taeyeon and get to know the girl better, “Fany you came!” Tiffany turned to be wrapped in a hug by her friend, “So your woman of interest is over there by the boys doing a few love shots.” Sunny could see the irritation on Tiffany’s face, “Don’t worry about it, she is just doing what they asked.”

With a slight push, Tiffany started to walk over until she was right behind the shorter girl, “Umm hey Taeyeon.”

Feeling a tap on her shoulder, Taeyeon turned and immediately grinned, “Wow. I didn’t know you were coming?”

Tiffany smiled happily when Taeyeon wrapped her into a bear hug, “Sunny invited me.”

Taeyeon pulled from the hug and raised her voice over the music, “So um do you want to do a love shot too?”

Tiffany’s eyes widened in shock, “Really? Umm didn’t you just do one? What about going home?”

Taeyeon waved her hands, “My brother came in yesterday and Seohyun is with him.”

“Seohyun?”

“Aww my daughter. Seohyun.” Tiffany smiled finally getting to know a little piece more of Taeyeon’s life, “So shot?”

Slapping down some money, “Double tequila!”

Taeyeon never stopped smiling as she spent time with Tiffany that night. Tiffany was also very happy since the music was too loud so the two were always initiating skinship to hear better. She liked it when Taeyeon’s hot breath would cover her ears as if they were always telling secrets. Tiffany also noticed that Taeyeon liked to keep her hand on her thigh causing a whole mess of emotions to bubble up at the intimacy.

After a while, Tiffany noticed Taeyeon become very tipsy, “Hey Taeyeon did you want me to take you home?”

Taeyeon looked up from her empty glass, “Ah sure...actually did you mind me crashing at yours? I don’t want to wake Seo up.”

Tiffany bit her lip in excitement, “O-of course.”

Leading the slightly drunk girl to her car, Tiffany made sure Taeyeon was buckled in before the two drove off into the city. Tiffany lived in a modest sized apartment alone with one bedroom since that was all she really needed, “So um you could share the bed with me if you don’t mind?”

Taeyeon finished taking off her shoes before leaning dangerously close to Tiffany, “I think bed is the most comfortable.” Tiffany couldn’t mask the whine she gave as Taeyeon crashed her lips with hers into a very heated make-out session that led to a very heated night in bed.

The next morning, Taeyeon and Tiffany enjoyed breakfast but the morning after was rather short since the two had to get to work the next day.

 

“So you and Taeyeon are umm progressing fast? I heard you two went home together last night?”

Tiffany was over at Sunny and Sooyoung’s place for dinner, “Umm yea but does it matter? I mean we are two single people very attracted to one another...things happen...”

Sunny and Sooyoung nearly dropped their forks, “NO WAY! You ed?”

Tiffany hid her face in embarrassment causing Sooyoung to laugh hysterically, “I think that is a yes babe.”

“Wow way to real her in.” Sunny shoved another piece of food in .

“Well I wasn’t planning on that but she insisted on coming to my place and then we kissed and things progressed...oh my you think we are moving too fast?”

Sunny waved her hand, “No I mean you are right. If you two are attracted then let the hormones rage.”

Tiffany smiled at her friend’s understanding, “Thanks.”

-----------------------------

Within the month following, Tiffany and Taeyeon would frequently go out together on dates with a few ending in Tiffany’s bed but as they got closer, Tiffany often found Taeyeon continually evasive about her previous wife. She knew more about Seohyun every date since Taeyeon loved to talk about her little princess but Tiffany really wanted to get to know more about Taeyeon’s life other than the now. She could really see a future with Taeyeon but there was several barriers to still breakdown.

“So when do I get to meet Seohyun?”

Taeyeon nearly chocked on her meatball, “Ah umm why are you asking?”

“Well we talk about her almost every day. I really want to meet the love of your life.”

Taeyeon smiled, “So you really want to meet her huh?”

Tiffany nodded in excitement, “Yes I really do.”

Taeyeon casually wiped her face, “Tomorrow is Saturday? How about you come by my place and I can whip up a homemade meal for you.”

Tiffany’s jaw nearly dropped with the mention of actually going to her home and meeting her daughter. It was like Christmas, getting two huge gifts at once, “Really?”

Taeyeon smiled warmly at the girl, “Yea. How about lunch?”

“I would love that!” Tiffany said rather loudly.

“Great. I will send you the address.”

-------------------------

The next day, Tiffany was all giddy when she rang the buzzer for Taeyeon’s apartment, “Hey you are here.” Taeyeon said happily as she leaned in to give the woman a small kiss on the lips.

Holding up a bag, “I umm brought Seohyun a small gift if you don’t mind.”

Taeyeon took the gift, “Well it can be considered a very late birthday present then. I don’t want to spoil the girl thinking she just gets random gifts throughout the year.”

Walking into the apartment, Tiffany wasn’t surprised that it was very nicely furnished and had a lot more space than her own knowing the girl must make a similar salary to Sunny, “Seo hunny, I have a new friend for you to meet.”

A little girl came running around the corner into Taeyeon’s arms who happily lifted her up, “Seo say hi to Tiffany, mommy’s friend.”

Seohyun looked Tiffany up and down before squeaking out a shy ‘hi’ before burring her head into Taeyeon’s neck, “Aww is my princess a little shy? Tiffany is going to play with you for a while as I go into the kitchen. I need you to be a good friend ok?”

Seohyun looked up at Tiffany again to nod, “Aww that is a good girl. Now show Tiffany your dolls you just got from uncle.”

Seohyun hopped from her mother’s arms to grab Tiffany’s hand. Tiffany nearly cried tears of happiness as she held onto the tiny hand, finally feeling like she entered a huge part of Taeyeon’s life.

“This is Ku and Yoon...they love each other.” Seohyun stated as she let the male and female doll kiss.

Tiffany laughed as she watched the girl create a love scene for her dolls, “So you like playing with dolls?”

“Yes!”

Tiffany smiled happily, “Anything else?”

Seohyun looked up slightly clueless, “Umm I like singing for mommy.”

“Oh you do? What is your favorite song?”

“The Want song!”

Tiffany raised her brow unknowingly. Maybe she has been too detached from children so long that she didn’t know these new songs, “Can you sing a bit for me?”

Seohyun scooted to the edge of the couch before opening to confidently sing, “I want and I wait for you...ah dada dada dadadada...”

Tiffany giggled at the girl’s attempt to sing the song Want and Resent as the lyrics maybe a little too hard to comprehend from a 4 year old so Tiffany decided to join in, “I don’t want to know your hurt words about the past. Even when you’re clearly smiling, I get a feeling that your heart is crying...”

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon said cutting off the singing duo.

Tiffany her lips, “Ah umm Seohyun was just...”

Going up to Seohyun, Taeyeon picked her up, “You are not her mother.” Taeyeon said firmly making Tiffany cringe at Taeyeon’s sudden hostility.

“Tae...I wasn’t trying to be...we were just singing.”

“Tiffany I think you should leave.”

“What?”

“Just go,” Taeyeon said a bit firmer.

“Really? Taeyeon if I made a mistake you need to tell me!”

Taeyeon closed her eyes as she held onto Seohyun tighter, “Look Tiffany that was the song Jessica and I sang to Seohyun before bed some nights.”

“Ok so Jessica? Was she your wife? Cause you never even told me her name or anything about her since we met!”

Looking down at Seohyun, Taeyeon rubbed her black hair, “Jessica...she passed away a little under a year ago. I don’t like talking about it because I am not fully over it. I still love Jessica and it breaks my heart knowing that she isn’t around anymore.” Tears started to well in Taeyeon’s eyes, “I thought moving to a new city and maybe dating a bit would help but I can see now that I was wrong.”

“Tae...what are you saying?”

“I am saying I am not ready. I think you should go.”

Tiffany tried to hold back her tears, “Ok. Fine.” But as soon as she shut the door, the tears came down like a rainfall. A love she thought that would last a lifetime quickly crashed down into a pile of ash because the girl she thought was too good to be true had a major flaw...she was still anchored to her past love.

----------------------------

Later that night as Taeyeon went to tuck Seohyun in for bed, the girl started to question, “Why did you make that woman leave mommy?”

Taeyeon bent down onto the bed, “Because she made your mommy sad.”

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows, “She make you sad?”

Taeyeon nodded, “Yes baby.” Bringing up the sheets to tuck her daughter in, “Did you want mommy to sing you to sleep?”

Seohyun brightened, “I want you and umma to!”

Taeyeon laughed as she took the tablet from the nightstand to pull up a video and pressed play. Taeyeon sang along with the video of her and Jessica singing Want and Resent because it was the only thing that would make Seohyun and Taeyeon sleep soundly at night. Knowing that Jessica was still able to sing them both to sleep.

 

~END~

 

 


Author's Note

So I got this idea while watching a movie. Kind of a tribute to Mother's Day (although a bit angsty). Sorry about the Taeny since it is a Jessica celebration day!!!! Solo release today and I am so excited for it!!!