Day 2

10 ways to win your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook had been acting all strange today. Ever since the soccer ball incident yesterday, he refused to look me in the eye. He even refused to make any physical contact. “Jungkook?” I leaned over, tilting my head at him. He blushed a ton, looking down at his shoes.

“Yes?”

“Is everything all right?” I asked, reaching over to grab his hand but he quickly dodged, scratching his neck nervously.

“Totally! Hey, let’s go to that booth!” He walked pass me, going straight to a different food stand. I puffed my cheeks, narrowing my eyes as I stared at Jungkook. He happily ordered topokki and a coke along with it. I sighed as he returned. “Want one?” He pointed to the booth and I shook my head.

“No, I’m all right.” He just nodded, continuing to munch like crazy. Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong? I could feel my heart squeeze as the thought ran through my head. I looked down the white bunny Jungkook got me yesterday, who I had named Kookie Cream. It’s red eyes beamed at me, reminding me of Jungkook when he used to stare into my eyes all the time, almost looking as if he could get lost in them. I gripped onto it, biting my lip. I should apologize, I don’t it to be like this all day. “Jungko-.”

“Jungkook! MinYoung!” I was cut off by EunJi who was running to us. “Follow me!” EunJi grabbed both of our hands, not even bothering to tell us any more information as we ran with her. I recognized the route we were taking. We were heading to the sewing room. “Hurry up and try these on!” EunJi pushed us into the room and we were immediately surrounded by many people. A group of girls dragged me into a room and a group of boys dragged Jungkook to another.

He didn’t even have the chance to finish his topokki as they shoved the white dress into his chest before closing the door shut. My door shut and a suit was thrown at me recklessly as everyone else rushed around. “Hurry and try this on and then you need to try the others on.” They pointed to other outfits hanged inside the closet. I gulped. This is going to be a lot of changing. I followed their orders, heading into the curtained changing room to get into the suit.

I fiddled around with the buttons as I stepped out of the closet. All the girls gasped as they stared at me in shock. “Is it bad?” I asked, fixing the pants so they weren't twisted weirdly. I was wearing a more modern suit instead of the ones back in the days of Romeo and Juliet. Ms. Bae thought it would be more interesting and less dramatic if we dressed more modernly. They all squealed, running to me and group hugging me.

“You look absolutely perfect!” They all chimed together before laughing at my reddened face. I was embarrassed at the fact they all agreed I looked good in the suit.

“How does it feel? Not too tight or loose?” One of the girls asked and I nodded, smiling at the suit. They all sighed in relief, high fiving each other. “Now go try on the others.” She pushed me to the closet, letting me pick whatever one I wanted to try first. I picked a simple outfit. It was a regular white button up long sleeve and black jeans, paired up with dress shoes.

It took at least half an hour fitting into all the outfits and making tiny adjustments. Once I was done, I walked outside to see Jungkook wearing angel wings. I stifled a giggle as he turned a shade of pink. “What’s with the angel wings?”

He laughed, eyeing EunJi who was smirking deviously, “It’s to go with the white dress. Ms. Bae said Juliet wore angel wings so we decided to follow the book.” I just nodded, turning away so he wouldn’t see me giggle. He looked like those Victoria Secret models on the runway. Except he was clothed and not a runway. Looking back, I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks as I watched Jungkook smile, his bunny teeth popping out. His eyes had crinkles near it and his laugh echoed the room. He really does look like an angel.

He looked at me for a split second and then turned his attention back at the boys who were messing around with wigs, arguing on what hairstyle they should give Jungkook. The moment died as the realization came back. He was still avoiding me. I felt myself sulk automatically, my mood turning sour. I wasn’t sure why but the way he avoided me wanted to make me cry and scream at him. If I did something wrong, why wouldn’t he tell me. It wasn’t like I was going to lash out at him for telling me the problem. This was like playing detective, and I hated playing detective. Especially with people I care about a lot.

“Hey MinYoung, what’s wrong?” EunJi asked, tapping me on my shoulder.

I shook my head, laughing softly in defeat, “It’s nothing.” He won’t tell me, I know that. I wished he would though, it hurts when he’s avoiding me. She was about to question me when a knock on the door made us become silent.

“EunJi?” It was Taehyung. He was no longer wearing a suit and instead was wearing a cat onesie. “Can I see you real quick?” She blushed and nodded, setting down the extra feathers for Jungkook’s wings and left with Taehyung. All the girls eyed each other before giggling.

“I wonder what they’re going to do.”

“He’s obviously sneaking some kisses with her.”

“Did you see her reaction? She blushed.”

“Why would he sneak kisses when he can boldly kiss her here?”

“Maybe he’s shy!”

I laughed at their assumptions. I was sure Taehyung wanted something else other than kisses, though, I don’t think Taehyung wouldn’t mind that. Jungkook leaned against one of the tables, sighing in deeply. This is it! I took a deep breath, gathering all my courage. “Jungkook!” I shouted a bit too loudly. He jolted, looking over at my general direction. He wasn’t even trying to look directly at me. Anger boiled down at the pit of my stomach as I continued talking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter