Feeling the day

❤Different, yet so alike ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Jessica's POV}

I spent the whole day watching the new phone the assistant gave me. It was kind of an amazing opportunity to get to know a stranger. She had really many selfies and all those photos in that phone yet she seemed not to mind at all. There were particular few people who were repeating on the photos. Especially the child-like looking girl. They had many photos together. Only two of them, with someone else also and there were also photos where the girl was alone. I suppose the assistant made the photos of her.

I sighed to myself as I felt a difficult weight on my chest. I set the phone aside and walked in the kitchen. I opened the fridge door, taking out a bottle of the pure white milk. I didn't really drank milk often, but when I did I had a reason. When I drank milk and ate cookies it meant that I'm bearing hardship. I don't know why. Maybe it's some kind of a tradition. Mom used to do that to me and Stallie when we were kids. When neither of us cried or were sad, she poured us a glass of cool milk and gave us chocolate or cranberry cookies and let us have it first. It always ended up us telling her all the hardship we were carrying and that is how this became a tradition, I guess. I miss mom...

I sat at the bar counter and climbed on the bar stool. It was a sunny day since the morning and I was in pain for being inside and not going out, yet I was that kind of a person who was scared of sun and fresh air. Don't ask, I don't know. I dipped the cookie inside the milk and took a bite of it. It was nicer and softer than if I would eat it dry. I scratched my head with my other hand and pulled out some of my hair. I scrunched my nose and lazily dusted off my fingers. 

"What a shame, going bald in such a young age" I mumbled with my mouth full. It was normal for me to talk to myself. If you're alone for the most of your lonely life, the only one that won't disappoint you is you. I took another dip and bite off the cookie. I heard the new phone ringing having some sort of sweet melodic ringtone. I jumped down from the stool, still crunching on the cookie and rushed to pick up the phone. Yoona?

"Hello?"

"Hi Jessi... I got some news for you. The teacher has made up a meeting for the designers. We have to announce our models and photographers, editors and everything. Did you list them?" she spoke so fast that I barely recognized the words she was saying. 

"I... I didn't know we had to do it so soon!" I panicked. Adrenaline and panic started to boil up my brain. 

"Neither did I... we're on the same line then... I got your back, Jessi, you just have to get ready for 6 p.m. I'm gonna pick you up then" Yoona spoke and held the call still.

"What? Why?"

"I organized a party... sort of" she continued. "There will be all the models from our school and few of their friends and some more who responded to my offer. They all will be there for a casting and you can pick whichever you like" she made a lot of sense. Thank god that at least Yoona was sane and really ready to do anything. She was really clever. 

"Who else from our school will be there?" I asked making sure how many opponents will I have. 

"You, me and Yuri. You two are my friends so I will help you out as much as I can. So, are you in?" 

"You bet I am... I will be ready at six" I said. "Bye" and I hang up. 

I took the milk and drank all of it at once, gulping down like I did in my senior year after graduation, but with beer... and martini... and tequila.. and got very much wasted...

I set the glass on the counter and walked up the stairs going in my closet to find some clothes to wear for a party sort of thing. I prepared my clothes on the bed before undressing myself from all the ty stuff I wore. I was wondering why did the teacher change the date of announcement of my university project. I had not even thought about the models yet nor the concept of my collection. If he changes the date of it's dead line I'll be the dead one. 

Actually I was thinking that the phone store assistant would be a nice main model. But how would I get in touch with her? It sounded more than impossible right now and I could imagine her doing the photoshoots in my collection which was still in process of creating. 

I pulled on a short dress with the top being white and the miniskirt being black. I was thinking about putting on some tights underneath, but I changed my mind. I would wear peep toe shoes, that wouldn't look nice in it. I walked into the bathroom and started straightening my hair, making it neat and looking fresh. I then made my makeup. I don't usually wear makeup,but when I do it's very light, until it comes to evening clubbing makeup. I have to make an appearance don't I?

I walked outside, taking my black glittery handbag and put my new/old phone inside and some money. I took my keys from the house and went to the shoe closet downstairs next to the door. I held up a pair of black sandals with peep toe and strap around the ankle. I wore them securely and reached in the closet again, taking out a thin leather jacket. I was waiting for Yoona in the kitchen, thinking of drinking another glass of milk, but I resisted. I heard a car stop at the drive in and I peeked out of the window. I saw Yoona's Scirocco R-Line white car standing in the parkway. I took my belongings and walked outside, locking the door. 

"Hello, Jessi~" Yoona greeted me from the car and waved at me, smiling sweetly. 

"Yoona, thanks for picking me up" I said and walked over to the passenger's seat. I sat inside and fastened my seatbelt. 

"No problem... I could let you go with your car, but it will be cheaper if we go together and with Yuri" she said and backed out of the parkway. "Where is Daniel? Isn't he coming with you?"

"Not today" I shook my head and smiled satisfied. "I'm free lace tonight" I giggled waiting for Yoona's reaction. Yoona was really mature and pretty, she was like my older sister. She was really nice and we were best friends since I remember. 

"Oh, so you're set free? If tonight it's going to get too wild it's better that I'm the driver" she joked, playing along with me and laughed. I laughed too and nodded in agreement.

"I try not to go too wild."

Was I dreaming? Or was it the reality?... All those lights and decoration inside this club were just so fancy and colorful that it gave you a movie effect. Yoona walked by me down the stairs, holding me and the railway of the stairs as we walked down in our high heels. She was a lot taller than me and plus she wore high heels. Yuri was behind us, stepping on our heels literally and was smiling at the scenery. She was greeting few people we passed by as Yoona led us to the table where we should have our meeting. 

It looked like a waiting room full of beautiful people. I never seen so much pretty faces at one place. I can say they would have a bright future as models, but we only need few. Each designer has to have four people. One of them must be a man and one must be a woman. And the other doesn't matter. Yoona, Yuri and I sat down into a booth and looked around the people. Was it really a good idea? In such a loud and crowded place?

"Right, here you go girls, each of you will write down the names of their models. You can pick any of them, but finally you can only choose four of them" Yoona informed and gave us out papers and pens. "Alright... FIRST!" she raised her hand up and motioned with it to them. The first three people walked in...

...

Tired, so tired... After half an hour and twenty participants, we couldn't even pick one. I had that weird vision in my mind, that wouldn't get out of my head. It was the assistant doing modeling for my collection. And Krystal too... too bad I couldn't cast her, because she was so far away. Damn...

I tilted my head to the side, lying back in the leather sofa we head. Yoona lay next to me and sighed difficultly. Yuri was still having an interview with some chick, which looked like a bunny. She was very short and cute. Yuri thanked her at last and wrote down her name and phone number. We both looked at each other with Yoona and widened our eyes in surprise. 

"What was that?" Yoona pointed at Yuri as the girl left and gave her a threatening look.

"I got my first model, why?" she replied and smiled mockingly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter