Turn-Off #8 : Links.

kimcheeese's Turn-Offs.

#8 : Links.

I stepped into the bathroom and was speechless. It was absolutely amazing. To me, it seemed more like a waiting room than a personal bathroom. Or perhaps even a room.

Links like that are a big no-no. It bugs the living out of me because it tells me that you, the author, is unable to describe in detail how a simple little bathroom looks likes. It doesn't have to look exactly like that picture, but use it for reference to help you. If you're horrible with explaining in detail, then...well, never resort to links. I'd much rather read something like this:

I stepped into the bathroom. It had that cozy feeling that made me feel like it was a waiting room instead of a personal bathroom. Perhaps it could've been a room for directing as well. There were two sinks with three candles in between them both. The cabinets were a light brown color with ten white towels underneath.

That is very simple. I didn't even explain everything. I didn't mention the little candles on the wall, the small chair and table, or even the tiled walls and floor. Explaining a little is better than not explaining at all.

Lets put it this way: putting links in your story, is like putting a on. It's a major turn-off to you when you actually like that person and is willing to reproduce, correct? Think of you, as the person who is able to reproduce, as the link, and the details as the . Make a little more sense now?

Also, links for a persons facial expression is annoying. That's a big no-no too.

Jaejoong stepped into the room and smiled at me. He looks so sophisticated, I thought.

#9 : Emoticons.