Turn-Off #14 : Past, Present, and Future Tense

kimcheeese's Turn-Offs.

#14 : Past, Present, and Future Tense.

(Suggested by: SUPREME007.)

I honestly do not care if you are an elementary student or a college student writing fanfictions online. If you cannot differentiate between the three different tenses, then I suggest you to do a little more research.

If your story constantly jumps from present tense to past tense then to future tense, then you need to just stop. I understand if you are writing past tense for, of course, things that happened in the past; present tense for things that are occuring right at this moment; and future tense for things that will occur. However, if all three of these tenses occur in the same sentence, then you need to revise your whole story. I'm sure if you managed to let it happen just this once, that it might have actually happened a few other times in the past; so just go and revise.

She will be walking to the store later this afternoon and at that store she bought a CD.

Do you see the problem in the example above? "She will be" is future tense and "she bought" is past tense. How the hell did she buy a CD at a store she has yet to go to? Doesn't make sense.

#15 : Misleading.

I'd like to sincerely apologize for the unnanounced hiatus. It's been roughly a year since I last updated this and I am truly sorry. I'd like to thank all the people who has commented and subscribed! c:

Also, I decided to remove turn-off #2 because I am too lazy to correct the mistake I made.