Turn-Off #12 : Your Punctuation.

kimcheeese's Turn-Offs.

#12 : Your Punctuation.

(Suggested by: Kuroba.)

This is a major turn-off for me. When an author writes a story that overuses one specific punctuation mark or doesn't know how to use a punctuation mark correctly, I end up not reading it. I mean, I'm not amazing at my punctuation either-- I still need help and I still have a lot of room for improvement, but at least I know the simple ones such as: an exclamation mark, question mark, period, commas, and apostrophes.

Like how Kuroba mentioned below in the comments, the overuse of a punctuation mark. When you're writing, you're only supposed to use the mark once, unless if they're an ellipsis or dashes; other than those, try not to add more than one question mark or exclamation mark. I personally think it makes the story (or chapter) look messy and unedited.

"I absolutely despise you, Lee Taemin!!!!!!!!!" She loudly yelled at the man standing in front of her.

"Why the hell do you hate me???????????? I'm like...hot and y."

Okay, I don't care if she hates him to the point where she could tear his guts out or eat his eyeballs, but using that many exclamation marks is necessary. Then I don't care if Mr. Lee Taemin is confused at how that girl hates him, I could understand his confusion with only one question mark.

If you happen to need help with your punctuation marks, please refer to this site. This site isn't bad either and this one as well. Yes, they're a repeat of basically the same thing, but they're written differently, so one of those sites might be easier for you to understand. Also, number 14 on this one just basically took my breath away. Even if you can't use punctuation correctly, you should still follow number 14 on that list.

#13 : Apply stories (this might be split into different chapters/sections).