Turn-Off #6 : Your Paragraphs.

kimcheeese's Turn-Offs.

#6 : Your Paragraphs.

Paragraph    /ˈparəˌgraf/

Noun: A distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.

Understand what a paragraph is? It deals with one single theme and is indicated by a new line or indentation. That's why you, as the author should not, under no circumstance, combine all four (more or less) of your paragraphs into one big ugly glob. I don't care if you wrote that chapter on your iTouch, you should still skip lines, if not, save it, don't publish it. Wait until you get home, edit it, then publish it.

When all your paragraphs are combined together, your whole entire story looks messy. Well, actually, in reality, it is messy. It makes it hard for us readers to understand what the author is trying to say and where we're at. Often, when there are a lot of words combined together in one giant glob-- we tend to have a hard time reading. We end up reading the same line again, or skipping lines. I'm sure this has happened to everyone and you guys know what I'm talking about.

Also, if your paragraphs are just dialogue between characters...well, that's not good either. Technically, dialogue shouldn't be considered as a paragraph since from what I learned, paragraphs consist of five or more sentences. I tend to make this mistake as well, my paragraphs aren't exactly paragraphs. They're lacking sentences, though that's fine. At least attempt to have more than a person talking with a 'he/she said while eating a handful of chips'. You've seen those stories before, right?

"Don't do it!" Ken said to Barbie as she slowly began to twist her arm off.

"I'm sorry Ken, but I have to," Barbie tried to say, hoping Ken would understand her reasons.

"If you give him your arm, he's going to eat it."

Yeah, that's boring. It also seems like you rushed through that chapter...or all your chapters. You're putting in little to no effort in your writing, so don't expect to get a lot of subscribers and or viewers.

#7 : Author's Note (A/N).