I got your back

The Star | KaiSoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin

The next day was Friday, and I was officially tired from school. I didn’t want to be here at all, and all I wanted to do was to die. Or drop out of school and spend the rest of my life to be at SM Entertainment.

“Jongin, mate, what’s up?” I heard Chanyeol said as we waited for someone to unlock our classroom. 

Our classmates hadn't arrived yet, and it was only Chanyeol and I. For the first time in ages, it had become awkward between us. I didn’t know if he felt it too, but I felt incredibly awkward being alone with him now. Maybe he didn’t notice because he didn’t know my feelings, but for me, it was like being alone with Kyungsoo the first time we met, only worse.

“I’m fine," I replied, pretending to be distracted by my phone in my hands. 

Suddenly, Chanyeol snapped my phone out from my hands and put it in his back pocket. I stared at him surprised, but quickly felt myself getting more irritated. 

“Give it back Chanyeol,” I muttered whilst holding out my hand, wanting him to place my phone back in my hands, but he didn't do so. I stared at him, but I only felt myself being becoming embarrassed the more I stared and looked away to avoid his gaze.

“See? You won’t even look at me for longer than five seconds," he said as he had studied me, "what did I do?” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms whilst letting them rest on my chest as I leaned backwards to let the wall behind me support me.

“Nothing," I muttered, "just give me my phone back.” I was already irritated and wanted my phone back right away. I wasn’t in the mood for chatting, or his lame pranks that no one was laughing at except himself.

“Not until you’ll tell me what’s going on,” he replied, making me roll my eyes at him.

“I’m not in the mood Chanyeol.”

“You’re never in mood lately," he commented. 

I sighed and held out my hand again. “Give it to me.” I had my eyes closed and expected him to give it back, but he surprisingly grabbed it and pulled my closer, letting our hands came in between us. “W - What are you doing?” I stuttered surprised over what he did, but he just stared at me with his normal worried puppy eyes that always made me admit things that had bothered me before when I didn’t want to share with him at first. He knew there was something going on, but I definitely didn’t want him to know. Not this. Never.

“Hey,” we heard a voice beside us say that totally interrupted the moment, and I wanted to hug whoever came and ruined it for me. The student was a lifesaver, but when we both turned our heads, our eyes widen in surprise.

“Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol asked shocked as he let go of my hands. 

“What are you doing here?” I followed. Kyungsoo was mostly staring at me, almost like he was totally ignoring the giant. 

“What do you mean?" he asked with a frown, "I’m waiting for class,” he replied and both Chanyeol's and my jaws had dropped open.

“Wait, you’re in our class?” I asked amazed. How couldn't I have noticed before? Did I really pay that little attention to my classmates? 

“Why didn’t we notice that before?” Chanyeol muttered to me, although he seemed to rather have talked to himself, but I still nodded, just as confused as him. 

That must've been the reason I found his name familiar when I spotted it on the board when we got to see whom had passed the auditions, but I didn’t know at all he was in our class. I thought he was in Baekh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter