Cold as ice

The Star | KaiSoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin

“Hey Jongin, can I talk to you for a second?” Chanyeol asked me during lunch time at school the next day. 

I nodded as he sat down on the other side of the table. I waited for him to start talking, but then I saw that Byun Baekhyun sat down beside him with a big smile on his face. I frowned at him, and then glanced over at the giant. “What’s going on?” I asked, which they both just smiled widely to.

“We’re telling you together,” he started, but Baekhyun seemed rather impatient.

“We’re dating,” he blurted out with a small shy giggle following after, “and we’re having a date tonight.” 

I choked on my water I just drank from; I struggled to calm my coughing.“What?” I nearly yelled, literally out of surprise, and Chanyeol glared at me.

“Don’t be surprised Jongin,” he said sternly, but his face transformed into the happy one he usually had with his big smile, “we want to invite our best friends to celebrate, so I was wondering if you would come along? He’s also bringing his best friend.” 

I stared at the both of them, switching my glances between the two of them. I didn’t know how to react. Was it a joke? Were they messing with me? It was possible, but judging from the happy smile and energy Chanyeol had, he looked too happy to be able to play a prank; I should've known him well enough to tell when he was pranking or being genuine. 

He usually wasn’t able to prank me anyways as he wasn't a good liar at all. I would’ve seen through him because he would’ve left a trace on his face if he was lying. 

They must've really started dating without me realising, but what shocked me the most was the fact I had no idea Chanyeol fancied this guy. I didn’t even know that he fancied males at all. Maybe I should’ve expected it, since he has never been interested in girls at all. Actually, I had never seen him show any romantic interest to anyone. Before now that was. 

“Really?” I asked, just to be sure, and they both nodded with their happy smiles. “When did you start to like the other?” They both stiffened up, but it was mostly Baekhyun who was flushing red. 

“Uhm, Jongin, let’s talk about that later,” he muttered and scratched his neck, which he always did whenever he was nervous or embarrassed. In this case, I thought it was both.

“Sure,” I just replied, “I’ll go practice.” 

I left and walked up to the rooftop, the same as before, where I usually would practice at school. I sometimes would skip classes because I’d rather dance than sitting still on chairs that hurt my as I was listening to the teachers teaching us boring stuff that I had absolute no interest in. It being forced to go to school. I hated it. The only thing I was looking forward to everyday was practicing afterwards, slowly nearing my dream I've had for as long as I could remember. 

I opened the door to the rooftop and expected to be alone as always, but I suddenly spotted someone further away. He also turned his head and we met each other’s eyes.

“Why are you here alone?” I chatted as I approached closer and stood beside the lonely boy, leaning on the roof wall like him, glancing around for the beautiful view. I intertwined my own hands together and let the cool breeze blow through me and mess up my unsettled brown hair. 

“Chosen over by a flirt,” he answered shortly and I chuckled a bit at the coincidence. 

“Same," I said, "my best friend and I were always together and did whatever we wanted. No one was getting in our way, but now he suddenly wanted to date someone, whom I didn’t even know he was interested in and - Hey, where’re you going?” I asked surprised, interrupting myself, as I saw him walking away in the middle of my sentence. 

I stared at him with wide eyes and he turned around and to look back at me. “To find a place where it’s quiet,” he muttered with bored eyes and walked away. 

He exited the rooftop, leaving me absolutely speechless at his actions. I snorted for myself shortly after as I rolled my eyes. 

What a rude , I thought for myself, I hoped I wouldn't see him again.

There was that weird feeling about him though. He really seemed familiar somehow, like I had seen him somewhere else. He may had lived in the same neighbourhood as me, or I could've seen him elsewhere. 

That’s when it clicked for me: he was at the entrance when the people who passed the audition for becoming trainees. He was the guy who sat beside me, and ignored me for some reason. 

I frowned to myself. I probably had to see him a lot in the future.

 

“There you are!” I heard the too familiar voice say, but I couldn't bother to turn around right away. I just rested my head on top of my hands that was still on the roof wall.

“Where’s your boyfriend?” I asked, not really interested in knowing the answer.

“Jongin, he’s not my boyfriend," Chanyeol told him, "we’ve just agreed on dating each other for the moment. Don’t jump too far now." He also looked out on the view, and we both stood beside each other for a minute in silence.

“And how long will that las

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter