13: The Christmas party

The Star | KaiSoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin

It was finally the day of the Christmas party. From what we had heard from Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the couple that was showing up had to wear matching outfits. I found it a bit embarrassing but I went on with it, since I really wanted to wear a couple outfit with Kyungsoo. I was planning on having on my nicest jeans, and a plaid red shirt with a Christmas red sweater tied around my shoulder. Kyungsoo was also wearing jeans, a white fuzzy sweater and a bow that matched my shirt. The couple that was holding the party, Luhan I think and his boyfriend, lived close to Kyungsoo, so we agreed to meet at his house and go together to the party. We’d meet up with Baekhyun and Chanyeol at the party when it starts, and they said we had to take a picture. A couple picture. It was for Luhan and his boyfriend so they’d know who was there, who was the couple, and they’d give a price to the couple that looked best together.

I texted him to see if he was ready or not: ‘hey, you ready yet? Can I come over now?’ It didn’t take long before he replied.

‘Just need to take the bow on then I’m ready. Just come now if you want to’. I replied shorty by just saying I was on my way, and grabbed my keys before locking after myself and went over to Kyungsoo’s house. I rang the bell when I finally reached his house, and he come out.

“Hey”, he said shortly and I frowned at him.

“Hey?” I repeated and he looked up at me. It was a bit awkward silence for a moment.

“What do you want me to say? Wassup?” I chuckled at his joke and playfully hit him on the arm.

“Let’s go”. He nodded and we followed the description Baekhyun had given us on paper where the house was. We hoped to have reached the right house and rang the bell. Judging by the noisy music and people chattering it must be right. We got greeted by a grinning boy that must be Luhan. He stared with a bright happy smile and waited. I forgot that we hadn’t introduced ourselves.

“Uhm, hi. Baekhyun and Chanyeol invited us. My name is Jongin and this is Kyungsoo”, I said and both of us bowed while Luhan seemed even happier.

“Oh you’re that cute couple they mentioned! Please let me take a picture of you”, he said happily while holding tightly on the camera that was hanging around his neck. He pointed it at us, and I suddenly felt a lot more pressure than I had expected. I held my arm awkwardly around Kyungsoo’s shoulder and forced a smile that probably looked like I had just pooped my pants. “Come on! Be original, and act natural. You’re together, right? Then do something fun!” I removed my hand and Kyungsoo and I switched glances before smiling and nodding. We raised on hand out on the other side of our body (meaning my right hand because I was standing on his right side) and we formed it together, making a big heart while we leaned our head together and smiled brightly and looked into the camera. “Yes! Great! Lovely picture!” He yelled, pleased with out pose and smirked at the picture of us he had just taken. “They were right, you’re absolutely adorable together. Wanna see?” I hesitated a bit first, but I wanted to see it and he turned it around to let us see. I felt even more shy as I thought of how cute we looked together, and how I wanted that to be real. I wonder how he’d react if he knew we weren’t really together. “Oh and I’m Luhan by the way. Sorry, forgot to introduce myself”, he said as he let us inside. Suddenly came a taller boy who surprised Luhan with a back hug and kissed him on the top of his head. “Sehunnie!” Luhan screeched happily and wrapped his arms around him. “That’s Jongin and Kyungsoo, the couple Baekkie and Channie mentioned”. Sehunnie glanced at us and reached out his hand.

“Sup, I’m Sehun”. We shook his hand and waited for something to happen afterwards. We didn’t even know if Chanyeol and Baekhyun had come yet.

“Uhm, have Chanyeol and Baekhyun arrived yet?” I asked politely and I jumped a bit by the sudden gentle punch I got on the shoulder from Luhan.

“No need for politeness here. Just be natural! And yes, they’re in the living room with the others. You’re one of the last to arrive”, he yelled over the loud music and we nodded and headed over there. I was a bit hard to search for them, but we finally did and they waved and yelled like crazy when they also spotted us.

“Eeeeeyyy Kyungsoo! Jongin!” Baekhyun yelled and waved like he was trying to get attention from a super star and we chuckled at his silliness. We approached closer to them, and suddenly the music stopped. I was about to speak but suddenly Luhan came up from behind me and threw his arm around my shoulder. When I glanced at Kyungsoo, he was staring at Luhan, almost looking like he was glaring. Why was he glaring at him? He had a boyfriend, and obviously just wanted things to become comfortable.

“Alright, everyone’s here, right? Channie, go and grab a bottle, and everyone else sits around in a circle. Let’s play TRUTH AND DARE!” He yelled the last part, which almost made me deaf. “Those who refuse to do what they’re told to do in the game or doesn’t answer, have to take a sip of their cup. Before you sit down, get a cup from Sehunnie”. Both Kyungsoo and I stared at him like he was crazy, and I already knew this was going to be a bad idea. But unfortunately we couldn’t decide what do to as is wasn’t us throwing the party and just did what told to do. We sat down beside each other and I sat beside Baekhyun while Chanyeol was on his other side. Kyungsoo seemed very tense about sitting beside a stranger, and came really up close to me. His eyes were wide open, which made me giggle at the sight of him looking a bit scared. I could understand him though, since he wasn’t used to being with many people all at ones. I threw my arm around him to comfort him and he seemed to relax a bit. “Awe so cute!” I heard Luhan yelled before he sat down and took once again a picture of us. “Sorry”, he mumbled after Sehun gave him a small glare for acting ‘rude’. I didn’t feel offended or sad being taken a picture of. Actually, it made me a bit happy. I wanted us to look good together. “Who wants the honor of starting?” Baekhyun didn’t hesitate a second for rising up his hand and yelping like a dog who wanted a treat. Luhan just grinned and han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter