Wingman

The Star | KaiSoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo

He kept on giggling at my amazement and turned around with a smile still all over his face. 

"Yeah, I thought I'd owe you when you nursed me," he chuckled and signaled for me to come closer, "you thought I couldn't cook too?" I giggled off my embarrassment as I actually had thought he couldn't cook and thought I could impress him by my skills, but I guessed it wasn't that rare for guys to learn cooking, especially early. "I'm not nearly as good as you though," he added as I had watched him cook for about a minute. 

He was right. I didn't usually liked to flatter myself, but I had to say he was just average. Probably even worse. 

"I can't make it as fancy as you, but please accept my cereal," he said as he handed me a bowl of cereal after he failed on whatever he tried to do earlier. 

I chuckled at his blushing cheeks, like he was trying to impress me, but miserably failed, though I accepted his cereal anyways. We sat down at our dining table and started eating with our own cereal. 

"It's the best cereal I've ever tasted," I commented with a grin, trying to cheer him up. 

He chuckled softly and said, "thanks". 

I noticed we had a different kinds of cereal, and so I was curious about his. "What do you have?" 

He seemed surprised by the fact I asked, then he pointed at a box that was on the counter behind him. "I found it in the upper cabinet," he said, which made me frown a bit. I didn't even realise we had that, so I guessed my parents must've been eating it. "Want to try?" he asked as he held up the spoon towards me, waiting to feed me.  I hesitated a bit but then nodded and let him feed me. 

It had a nice flavor; I tasted a bit of chocolate, corns and other tastes I didn't easily recognise. "You like it?" He seemed to be too excited to know my respond to it, but I just cleared my throat after swallowing and coolly played if off. 

"It's all right," I responded like I didn't care that much, but it did taste better than I had expected. 

"Just okay?" he asked a bit loudly, which surprised me, and stared at me like I had just offended him, "it's the best damn cereal in the world." 

I nodded whilst swallowing, feeling a bit nervous and afraid he'd murder me for offending his favourite cereal. 

His frowning face replaced with a happy grin faster than I could blink, and he seemed happy again as he was eating it deliciously. I rolled my eyes at the sight and heard myself giggle about before finishing my cereal myself. 

 

There wasn't really much to do until Baekhyun and Chanyeol would come, but we decided to work on our project to kill some time. Whenever we tried to study and read, we grew tired, and eventually fell asleep on the small table with our heads on our arms. 

Some strong flashing light and a clicking sound woke me up - slightly surprised. I quickly opened up my eyes. I was surprised as I spotted Jongin face, closer to me than I had thought before I woke up. 

I hadn't noticed that our foreheads were touching until I rose my head up, glancing around me. I also didn't notice that the couple we had been waiting for stood by my door frame, grinning down at us whilst making those weird whistling sounds like a couple of retarded birds. I didn't notice how embarrassed I felt until Jongin also woke up and his face was covered in a red shade, probably the same colour my face was in as well. 

"Alright, you can stop now," he muttered annoyed and hid his face by looking away. Baekhyun wriggled his eyebrows at me, making me slapping his arm. 

"Ow," he whined, "what did you do that for?" 

"Because you're annoying me," I rolled my eyes at him, then I saw Chanyeol behind him grinning towards me. 

"We brought food we can eat later when we're hungry?" Baekhyun said as he held up a bag that he and Chanyeol carried that I hadn't noticed before. 

I nodded and glanced down at them. "Thanks," I said as I forced it out of their grip, "I'll put them in the kitchen."  It was the perfect excuse to get away from them for a moment to calm down my embarrassment'.' 

I placed the bags on the counter and checked what needed to be put in the fridge.

"Kyungsoo?" 

I jumped surprised, as I hadn't noticed the presence of someone else and stared at the person entering the room. "Gosh, you scared me Baek", I muttered, a bit embarrassed over my jumpiness. 

"I have to talk to you," he started. He helped me with the food, not really talking much as he gave the impression of; I almost had to ask him what he wanted to get him to continue. "You've changed a bit." 

I frowned at him, pretending like I didn't know what he was talking about. I didn't want him to know that I also knew. "What do you mean? How?" I asked stupidly, causing him to giggle at me. 

"Your behaviour, that's what I mean," he grinned, "and pretty much everything to be honest. Ever since you became friends with Jongin, you seem different. A lot," he paused for a second, "happier." 

I rolled my eyes at him, pretending like I didn't care; it was harder than I had expected. "I haven't noticed," I lied, making him giggle again. 

"Don't lie," he smirked, "I can see right through you." I tried not to meet his gaze, but he mentally forced me to look back at him. "Do you fancy him?" 

"Isn't that why we're friends?" I tried to avoid the subject, but whenever Baekhyun had his mind settled on things, there was literally no escaping. I had to tell him the truth, either by my own will or by force. 

"You know what I mean," he mumbled, not really smiling anymore. He wasn't angry either, but he seemed annoyed - probably by my behaviour for avoiding his questions the best I could. "Do you fancy him?" 

"Do you realise how difficult that question is for me?" I nearly yelled, but I tried not to be too loud for the others to hear me, "I don't know, okay? I've never liked someone before so I wouldn't know," I said stubbornly, but he seemed more irritated than me. 

"Your feelings are the same as mine, and like everyone else. Just because you can't feel physical pain doesn't mean you can't feel anything emotionally," he explained with a stern tone, "you can have the feeling of pain emotionally, like me - and hate, like me, and also the feeling of liking someone, like me." I stared at him, not really knowing what to reply, or even how to react. I didn't know if he was right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter