Second kiss?

The Star | KaiSoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin

I knew Kyungsoo stepped in on me when I was changing, and it definitely didn't make the night get any less awkward between the two of us. He was hiding behind the door, even when I was fully dressed, and I had to practically open up the door and drag him inside so he'd know it was safe to come back.

"Don't overreact," I sighed, "I wasn't either." I rolled my eyes, trying not to sound like it was a big deal, even though I was pretty sure I could die from embarrassment soon. "Do you want to sleep by the wall?" He nodded and got in bed whilst I went to turn off the lights. 

It became completely dark and I literally couldn't see anything - not even my own hand right in front of my face. I thought I was far away from the small table that was close to the bed, but I wasn't apparently, and I accidentally stumbled my toe on the corner of it.

"Ow !" I cursed, and I heard Kyungsoo sat up.

"What happened?" He reacted right away when I yelped in pain, but I calmed myself down as the pain washed slowly away. 

"It's nothing," I whimpered, "just stumbled my toe." 

I finally reached the bed after almost having to crawl on the floor to reach it without injuring myself anymore. I crawled up in it, and pulled the duvet over to cover my body cozily. 

Kyungsoo and I had to share the same duvet and bed, but we had one pillow each since he seemed to like having two pillows in his bed normally. 

His bed was luckily big and spacious, so it was definitely big enough for us both without one having to sleep on top of the other. It wasn't as big as a double bed, but it was good enough. I wouldn't really ask for more, I just found it a bit awkward because of our accidental kiss that took place not even an hour ago. 

"You asleep yet?" I heard Kyungsoo suddenly whisper after laying for around ten minutes in silence.

"Yes," I replied, obviously joking. I couldn't help but to smile to myself at my lame joke that I found funny. I tried to see his face as well as I couldn't tell if he smiled or not. "Are you smiling?"

"Yes," he replied softly, and I could hear his smile in the sentence. 

I grinned satisfied, feeling like I just reached my goal for something big. I was lying on my side as I was facing Kyungsoo, and I knew he was facing me too. I tried to see if I could see his face, but it was still too dark, even though my eyes had gotten more used to the dark than earlier, and so I was able to detect where Kyungsoo's face was. 

"G - Goodnight," I muttered slightly embarrassed as I realised we had both been staring at each other in the dark without the other knowing, and so we both turned around to let the awkwardness slip away.

 

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked him, a bit nervous myself. Kyungsoo and I had been friends in ages, and we've even worked together in a same company for years after we graduated high school. We had both been single for as long as we've been friends, and he wanted to talk to me in private one night at my house. 

His breathing was unsteady, and he kept on intertwining his hands together shakily. He barely kept an eye contact with me, and always looked down at the floor between us. 

"You can tell me," I reassured him. 

"Remember when we talked together that we had to tell the other when we liked someone?" he asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter