6. The Decision

Wait for Me [L.Joe Fanfiction]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

2 months have already passed. Joohyun seemed to be happy with her new life in America. She also went to one of the well-known schools there. Well, if you have the money, you can do anything.

 

She started to remember everything as well. But when she started to remember them, she’ll get a headache and after that, she still couldn’t figure out who were those people. She couldn’t understand why but still, she didn’t manage to ask her parents about it.

 

Joohyun kept asking herself who were they who kept disturbing her in her dreams, especially the boy. It was really a torture for her. At last, she just acted like she didn’t get those dreams as she thought that they weren’t important at all.

Joohyun’s POV

I was reading a book in the mini library in Granny’s house. Yes, she had a mini library and that was my favourite place ever since the first day of my arrival. Well, Granny’s house was a castle, right? Just for a mini library, I knew she could manage even better than that.

 

“Joohyun, it’s me,” mummy knocked the door and called me seems I didn’t give any response to her. I hurriedly opened the door and let her in with a bright smile. We sat on the couch and our conversation began.

 

“What is it, mummy?” I asked her while putting my book on the table beside me. “Do you remember what Dr. Philips told you yesterday?” mummy started with a question for me. I nodded confidently as I remembered what the caring doctor told me. “Yes, mummy. He said that I’m getting better.” I told her and she smiled in satisfied.

 

“Yup. Not just that. He even allowed us to bring you back to Korea. Bring you home, honey! What do you think about it?”

 

The way mummy told me about her request to bring me home was too obvious to show that she was excited. Who wouldn’t be excited when you were going back to a place called ‘Home’? Besides, she needed to work as she left them in Korea and only focus on me, which I think I was really a burden for them.

 

About her request just now, I wasn’t thinking the same thing. I was thinking if I could just stay here with Granny and Chanyeol oppa. I’ve used to this place and both of them took a really good care to me. I sighed. I knew mummy would never agree.

 

“Joohyun, are you there?” mummy asked me when I was busy with my thoughts. I finally back to reality and nodded to her as a reply. Should I just tell her the truth.. or should I just throw away my decision and follow my parents’?

 

I chose to tell the truth.

 

“Mummy, about that..” I began, slowly as possible. I didn’t even look at her. I continued, “I think I want to stay here, with Granny and Chanyeol oppa. This is like my real home already, mummy. And I just can’t leave my friends here. I love all of them already.” I stopped to catch my breath. “I know you will disagree but I just want to tell you the truth. I know I’m being selfish but I don’t think I want to go home now. I still want to stay here, in America.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter