13. We Meet Again

Wait for Me [L.Joe Fanfiction]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun’s POV

Summer was finally over. I missed Tiffany a lot. Usually, I’ll be excited when the summer ends. But not now. Not this time. Maybe because my best buddy wasn’t here.

 

Not just that. Today was a big day. It was my very first day going to a school in Korea. Luckily we used Korean language as our mother tongue in America instead of English seems we lived in America. If we didn’t, I’ll be completely lost here.

 

It was six in the morning. I woke up from my bed and had a nice shower. Who didn’t want to look fresh and brand new on the first day of school?

 

In the bathroom, I was playing with my thoughts. Would they be friends with me? How would they treat me later? Were there bullies there?

 

I threw my thoughts away and hurriedly took a bath. If I spend a few more minutes in the bathroom without doing anything, no doubt that I was going to be late.

I came out half an hour later and grabbed my school uniform. I sighed. In America, I could wear my own clothes – like skinny jeans, hoodies, sweatshirts. But here, I had to wear the school uniform – skirt and leggings, which were the worst as I wasn’t used to them.

 

I wore my blazer and looked at myself through the mirror. I took my rubber band and put it around my wrist. I didn’t really like to tie my hair up, though. I just wanted to bring it along, in case I wanted or had to tie my hair up all of a sudden. Trouble might happen, right?

 

I took my old school bag that I bought from America a year ago and went downstairs to have breakfast. It has been a routine for me to wake up early and have breakfast with my parents since last week. They taught me that way and I was getting used to it.

 

“Good morning,” I wished everyone around the table – which included our maids – with a smile. They replied back as I sat in front of my parents, which was beside Krystal unnie. Krystal unnie has been a new friend of mine as she was the youngest of all the maids. Well, she was three years older than me.

 

I ate my toast quietly seems mummy was talking to daddy and daddy was talking to mummy. For short, they were talking together – about work to be exact. The other unnies were quiet too, instead of chatting or gossiping around with me – or among themselves – like they usually did.

 

It was almost seven and I had to arrive early seems I was a new student. When I was about to eat the last few pieces of my toast, mummy took the opportunity to talk to me. “Are you excited?” she asked, and she got a nod from me. “Hopefully I can get along with everyone. And hopefully they want to be my friends.” I added.

 

Mummy smiled and continued, “Don’t worry, sweetheart. You’ll get along with everyone. Besides, you’ll meet someone special.” Special? Who might that be? Was is Taehyun? No, no way. Mummy didn’t even know him. Besides, I had no idea if it’s going to be a girl or a guy.

 

Being a person who could read people’s mind – sorry, a joke – mummy answered my thought, “It’s a guy. He’s your friend since you were little. He.. He’s your – ”

 

“Miss, we have to go now.”  Our driver, Namjoon ahjussi, interrupted. I glanced at my watch. “We still have five minutes, ahjussi.” I told him. “Yes, Miss. But Mr. Park wants you to be early.” He replied politely. I nodded while mummy demanded him to wait outside.

 

As I stood up and was about to take my plate, mummy stopped me. “Let Byul do it. You have to go to school now.” She said with a smile. I followed with what she said and hurriedly went to my room. I grabbed my phone and went down with my socks on. I waved everyone goodbye and went out to see Daddy and Namjoon ahjussi were still outside of the car, waiting for me. I put my shoes on and walked towards them.

 

“Let’s go, sweetheart.” My daddy called me as the door has been opened by our driver. I hurriedly went inside and closed the door while daddy sat beside the driver’s seat.

Off we went.

“Have a good day, daddy.” I wished Daddy and he wished the same thing. I went out of the car when Namjoon ahjussi opened the door for me. “Kamsahamnida,” I thanked him and he bowed with a smile. I bowed back, as he was older.

 

I walked in and froze with this huge school. “Wow…” I amazed. Students were walking in, so I did the same thing as them cause I had to go to the office as fast as I could. As I was walking to which I think, was the entrance, everyone looked at me in awe and smiled. I was confused with them but I smiled back.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo,” a tall guy greeted me. I turned around and smiled as I greeted him back. “Are you a new student? Cause I’ve never seen you before. Oh! And you look like a lost, little girl.” he said before chuckled. I was almost going to blush with his statement.

 

“N-nae. Can you bring me to the office?”

 

“Sure thing. Let’s go.”

 

We walked to the office with people kept whispering – or fangirling – at our sides. Some of them greeted me and of course, I would greet them back. ‘How friendly they are,’ I thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter