4. Letting Her Go

Wait for Me [L.Joe Fanfiction]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Authors’ Pov

L.Joe’s parents have finally arrived and hurriedly went to where Joohyun’s parents were. They looked for them and met them who were waiting outside of Joohyun’s room.

 

Lee Bo Na hugged her friend, Park Min Young, who was crying alone. “It’s okay, Minyoung. She’ll be fine.” She said while trying to calm her down. She could see her husband was talking to his best friend, Park Jung Soo who was looking okay than what she expected. She knew they were alright, but it didn’t go the same to their daughter.  She sighed in relief. At least there was a good news for her and her husband.

 

After a while, a doctor came out of the room. His face was expressionless. It wasn’t happy, but it wasn’t sad too. It was hard to explain how his reaction looked like.

 

“Doctor, is she alright?” Minyoung, who just stopped crying, stood up and asked the doctor with her husband by her side. The doctor calmly said, “She’s fine. She’s finally awake.” He smiled a bit. Both Joohyun’s parents and L.Joe’s parents felt happy and grateful. They were smiling brightly, feeling like there wasn’t any bad thing left happened to Joohyun.

 

“But…”

 

Their smiled immediately faded away when the doctor started to continue with his explanation. His smile faded away, too, and he looked like he didn’t want to tell them the news. He sighed before finally continued to throw out the painful words from his mouth,

 

“Joohyun lost her memory.”

 

Everyone gasped in shock. “Y-you mean..” Minyoung stuttered. “A-amnesia?” she started to cry after the word came out from . The doctor slowly nodded. “I’m sorry to let you know one more thing.” He stopped there and he got an approval from everyone to continue. “I’ve asked her if she can remember her family. I was expecting to get a ‘yes’, but what I got from her.. is a ‘no’ . She shook her head.” The doctor told the truth to everyone which made them froze.

 

Silence. Everyone looked down, didn’t know what to say. Minyoung sat back on her chair, crying again like the world was going to end. Bona sat beside her and patted her back. Jungsoo, on the other hand, sighed hard. Minhyuk poked his shoulder, telling everything’s going to be okay. Jungsoo sighed again. “Well, it’s better than we lose her, right?” he asked Minhyuk beside him and his friend nodded. “We can help her get her memory back.” He added and Jungsoo nodded. He knew his friend will always be there to help.

 

He went to the doctor and asked, “What do you think we can do to make Joohyun remembers everything again? As fast as possible?”  

 

“I have a friend in America. He can help your daughter as he’s an expert.” The doctor replied. “If only you agree to let her go there.” He added.

 

They discussed among themselves for a while before Jungsoo finally spoke up again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter